Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    My interest in extracting data from the disk only goes so far as to acquiring the backgrounds and other neat unused content hidden away in it. I'm sure a lot of people are motivated by the same exact reason. Maybe after the game is released you could release a promo pack featuring high-quality renders of the backgrounds used in the game, as well as documentation on stuff that got cut out/changed?
    ...that's bit of an oxymoron, no?

It would definitely be appreciated by some, but would directly contradict what IGAS has said and done. First, they create new file-types, compress and encrypt them... only to release unaltered copies of said work?
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Depends on how you look at it, I guess. From my understanding, they're encrypting their work to prevent people from modifying the game/ripping them to port over to retail. They probably want to avoid fake beta builds and countless mods based on their work from popping up. Releasing the background sets alone would be pretty benign, as you can't actually utilize them without the corresponding RDT/custom encrypted format they have come up with. The only other way someone could do harm with the renders is if someone tried to pass them off as his own work, which is about as petty as me uploading a bunch of 640X480 RE3 PC bgs on deviantart and trying to pass them off as my own custom renders. But like I said, I can understand if they choose not to release the set since it's their work after all.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
        Nice vid of the original build.. nice to have a version in Japanese

Looking forward to preview edition next month I wonder if I'll play it over and over like the RE2 demo all those years ago
        Do we have a confirmation that the preview version will be released next month? I don't want to get excited for nothing.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• There is no confirmation of anything, just conjecture. So don't get too excited.

Comment

• So I watched Mandel's videos, and I saw he could access the factory. Was it even possible in the leaked build? Also it seemed very bare bone, and I remember seeing only one picture of that area in official media. Is this whole place present in BH2 trial edition or will its recreation necessitate a lot of guess work?

Comment

Sorry? I said high-quality renders. You won't find those on the disk. I could work for them, but that would entail breaking into a certain someone's home and stealing the raw image files from his computer.
              A lot of people genuinely enjoy viewing the background pictures and unused content, which is why even Capcom themselves release galleries of those in all sorts of media (making of books, artbooks, etc.). I myself am a noobie 3D modeller, so I appreciate perusing the works of other modellers.

If they do choose not to release them (and that's fine), then it most likely will be for reasons other than what you have stated.
              I like the unused content.... even Backgrounds from 1.5 have unused camera angles like RE2 Retail have a lot of unused camera angles and RE3 have the same ones in the Police Precinct even menus from EXTREME BATTLE and MENUS from 1.5, yes 1.5 menus in RE3... 1.5 have unused camera angles/unfinished but... we are so far to saw them in the build...

The MZD build or in this case PREVIEW DISC from IGAS is going to be more completed than it's predecessor MZD, well looks like we are going to have our 1.5 Demo SLPS-9999 that CAPCOM put out from the Director's Cut... but i feel that something is missing in 1.5, i don't know...

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                but i feel that something is missing in 1.5, i don't know...
                Voices

Comment

Depends on how you look at it, I guess. From my understanding, they're encrypting their work to prevent people from modifying the game/ripping them to port over to retail. They probably want to avoid fake beta builds and countless mods based on their work from popping up.
                  Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                  If users want to make new versions they are free to do if they can crack the system but I protected formats to stop complications by Capcom.
                  ]

Comment

• Yeah I'm just speculating based on what b.zork said about special dates.. though I said it like that to give people hope. ;)

Comment

• What percentage? is the build with the handgun bullets placed on the table looking onto the lobby in "Office A" in Leon's scenario, it seems slightly later.
                      Last edited by Mikhail; 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked already (I don't really feel like having to sieve through over 700 pages to find out ), but has IGAS ever spoke to Dominion, or has anyone else for that matter since 2008?

I say this because of what Dominion was doing with his "Dark Biohazard" mod for RE2. I don't know anything about the actual development or modding of the Resi Evil games, but it was obvious to even me that Dominion was able to do things that no one else in the community was able to do (at least at the time), so I'm guessing that maybe he made his own tools for the job, much like IGAS said they have made their own tools for rebuilding 1.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          What percentage? is the build with the handgun bullets placed on the table looking onto the lobby in "Office A" in Leon's scenario, it seems slightly later.
                          Is probably The Final Build.
                          Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 08-21-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                            So I watched Mandel's videos, and I saw he could access the factory. Was it even possible in the leaked build? Also it seemed very bare bone, and I remember seeing only one picture of that area in official media. Is this whole place present in BH2 trial edition or will its recreation necessitate a lot of guess work?
                            Factory stage is present but very barebone in 40% build. Same rooms present and missing as in MZD build, and same goofy door links (save one). You can't get into Factory Line A without room jumping (or the patch Martin made for me). Site C is present but has been walled off; you can't get in there either in the game or via the Debug Menu. That's why you see me bumping up against the wall for a minute or so, trying to find the door. I suspect the RDT may have had issues - perhaps I should find the time to hack around in it and see. So all in all, the raw build's factory has less playable content than the Team's MZD build.

If you want barebones stages in the raw build, try the Sewers. Only ONE playable room (without Martin's patch) ....

If somebody really wanted images of the Team's new backs in the RE15 Trial, they could do it the same way I first did with the MZD build - the brute force method. Multiple screen snaps and then merging/editing to remove spurious elements. Brute force requires a lot of time and work, though, and most (lazy) younger hackers would rather just rip what they can with nice and easy-to-get ripping tools. That's part of the reason I favor the Team's choice in this matter. Let the youngsters have a taste of how we used to have to do things back in the bad ol' days ...

"Nah ... I'll just wait until somebody else does it. That's too much work!"
                            Last edited by RMandel; 08-21-2013, 08:57 PM.
                            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Dunno if you've noticed, but the game actually outputs the backgrounds with a whole bunch of compression artifacts that aren't present on the ripped image files. Ripping via brute force would produce some not-so-good quality rips.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                              If users want to make new versions they are free to do if they can crack the system but I protected formats to stop complications by Capcom.
                              Capcom doesn't own the backgrounds made by IGAS though. Don't get me wrong, they are well within their rights not to release it. I just think the fear of having the backgrounds 'stolen' is unfounded.
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-21-2013, 09:27 PM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                                Factory stage is present but very barebone in 40% build. Same rooms present and missing as in MZD build, and same goofy door links (save one). You can't get into Factory Line A without room jumping (or the patch Martin made for me). Site C is present but has been walled off; you can't get in there either in the game or via the Debug Menu. That's why you see me bumping up against the wall for a minute or so, trying to find the door. I suspect the RDT may have had issues - perhaps I should find the time to hack around in it and see. So all in all, the raw build's factory has less playable content than the Team's MZD build.

If you want barebones stages in the raw build, try the Sewers. Only ONE playable room (without Martin's patch) ....

If somebody really wanted images of the Team's new backs in the RE15 Trial, they could do it the same way I first did with the MZD build - the brute force method. Multiple screen snaps and then merging/editing to remove spurious elements. Brute force requires a lot of time and work, though, and most (lazy) younger hackers would rather just rip what they can with nice and easy-to-get ripping tools. That's part of the reason I favor the Team's choice in this matter. Let the youngsters have a taste of how we used to have to do things back in the bad ol' days ...

"Nah ... I'll just wait until somebody else does it. That's too much work!"
                                Man the 40% build is almost depressing. I heard there's only perhaps 50 playable rooms on the build. It seems IGAS did tinker around more than we thought.

So I guess Site C was walled off because it's incomplete? IGAS restored it then. Kudos to them. Site C seems like a rough render at best. All the backgrounds looks bad in that room. But man the factory line is down right depressing. So incomplete...

Tell me RMandel, is there anything interesting in the files that was not present in the MZD release? Perhaps unused backgrounds, models, textures?
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X