Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We may as well have them make it an over the shoulder game like 4,5, and 6. Anyone aware that gun holding style is the same for those 3 games. It looks good for those because there are more option for limb movements. In all reality they would have to incorporate extra animation for interacting with objects like pushing blocks. Retail style make it quicker and easier to animate the pushing of the box. You would pretty much have to lower the gun to the side and twist and lean to push the box while retail style is just twist and lean.

Comment

• those gun animations don't fucking look right in the old style of re. thank you ultimacloud for expressing my sentiments.
      Why you think capcom changed it? not to mention bzork mentioned the animations are really buggy (off balance 2 handed weapons) and sometimes bug animations in cutscenes.

Comment

• ... And yet, similar gun-holding animations returned in REmake and Zero.

Comment

• I personally think the retail animations should be implemented. In real life you would not hold a gun like that (up in the air). Your arms would get tired and this increases the chances of jamming.

Though IGAS can choose to do what they want and I support them no matter what. They are finishing the game, not us.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            Some people are focusing far too much on what is a 'bastardization' and not what will actually improve the quality of the mod.
            If IGAS released a game that was "strictly the way Capcom intended" then we'd all be pretty pissed; we would have downloaded an .iso of RE2.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Well IGAS have all the liberty of doing what they think is good, leaving the animations of the MZD is the best choice, we like the RE 1.5 with Leon & Elza holding their handguns, shotguns, magnums, rocket launchers, etc... i like the game as it is...

Comment

• BTW the only real way someone would hold a gun is like this. More control and it's safer. Ark Thompson has the right idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ark1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	403217

Comment

• The handgun carrying positions just seem to me one of the many additions/improvements (like grenades, physical damage on clothes, etc.) that they scrapped for retail. Of course, there are different ways of holding a handgun. There's no specific right way to do it.

Leon's in 1.5 is one way, more professional and it looks like he's always on-guard. Very policeman-ish.
                  Elza holding her gun down with both hands is just another way, and a more common way to hold a gun. She's a civilian of course, so it probably wouldn't even matter if she held her gun to the side. Leon holding his gun to the side like in retail just looks boring though, and unprofessional for a policeman.

Comment

• If the hold-gun animations is changed because it seems horrible, then the Leon´s model must be change for the retail model. The model of 1.5 looks inferior to me... Ironic mode off.
                    Become 1.5 into a retail game doesn't mean all his personality must be changed.
                    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• You still don't understand that 1.5's final build had retail animations, do you?

Comment

• guys, there will be also a version converted to psp on resident evil 1.5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          You still don't understand that 1.5's final build had retail animations, do you?
                          Thanks, Captain Obvious.

EDIT: I played RE3 today and noticed a small chunk of 1.5 boss battle music (Malformation of G) is in the intro movie's music in RE3. Has this been pointed out before?
                          Last edited by Renard; 08-25-2013, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                            The handgun carrying positions just seem to me one of the many additions/improvements (like grenades, physical damage on clothes, etc.) that they scrapped for retail. Of course, there are different ways of holding a handgun. There's no specific right way to do it.

Leon's in 1.5 is one way, more professional and it looks like he's always on-guard. Very policeman-ish.
                            Elza holding her gun down with both hands is just another way, and a more common way to hold a gun. She's a civilian of course, so it probably wouldn't even matter if she held her gun to the side. Leon holding his gun to the side like in retail just looks boring though, and unprofessional for a policeman.
                            Actually, if you have combat training with fire arms, you might've learned a few important things regarding how you hold a gun and why you hold it a specific way;

I've pointed out this a couple of times through the years and here's generally why you don't hold a gun "up" when you walk around with it;

1. In case of a misfire, you don't run the risk of murdering your ears
                            2. It's generally easier to "neutralize" someone who has to lower their gun to take aim than someone who has to raise it.
                            3. It's easier to make a steady aim and "at least" hit the target somewhere if you have to raise a gun, compared to lowering it to take aim (everything to do with both blood circulation, general tiredness, and the aim itself having to travel across the entire body when "raising" your gun to take aim)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                              You still don't understand that 1.5's final build had retail animations, do you?
                              I have a lot o videos of 80% beta Rick. I know the point... But like I said before, in the final beta I can't see any female zombies, do yo agree with erase female zombies to be more faithfull with 80% beta? I guess no... The only problem with the hold animations is doesn't like to a particular people, but for others that animations are fantastic. IGAS will do wathever they want, we only can writte our thinks. And I repeat again, 80% beta isn't the ultimate bible for the reconstruction.
                              Last edited by The_Wes; 08-25-2013, 08:21 AM.
                              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Sorry, doble post. Delete this.
                                Last edited by The_Wes; 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X