Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dbirkin: I read an article a long time ago or read that the bailouts of resident evil 1.5 were using computers is not with the typewriters.
    Last edited by blackpower; 04-13-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      I see, thanks. Glad to know it's a problem more to do with the menu and not the implementation of items in event scripting because that sounds like it would be a nightmare! So what actually happens from a code perspective in retail Biohazard 2, or even the original Biohazard, when you click USE? Where does the game look for its response? Because each item has its own unique purpose and from what I've observed items are used in events in many different ways, it sounds almost like what might be a fix for one item might not necessarily be a fix for another one.
      Items can be linked to events with function specified. Retail only checks if item declared in event matches with what you USE and executes function. Many items can have many uses.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
      Hey D.Birkin, would it be possible to get a log of the current fixes and so on. Pretty much how emu. developers give logs for every new update to an emulator. I think that would give people some sense of relief rather then complain. Just a suggestion but it's okay if it can't happen.
      I do not keep logs. My mind is my big bloated log. But if I registered on log it would be too long to post. Too many small and big fixes to count. But I can give you small examples. Room 10A had issues with upper floors because of nFloor flags. If player moved on nFloor>=8 game ignored collisions. Capcom made a little mistake and read 0-15 possible values as -8/+8. I fixed it and made possible nFloor to use 0-15 values again. Another example? Map screen ignoring player position or floor in some rooms. I replaced map+room definition routines and map screen can detect if rooms located on multiple floors need to show 1F-2F-3F or only one map.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      How about releasing a bonus game as a demo first? A BH3-style Mercenaries Mode for instance, whereby you just run around the RPD while killing various enemies and surviving until the end point and/or time-limit expiration. This would allow for two good things: not ruining the surprise and not needing to be able to use any items! What do you think?
      Second part looks like cheap solution. Final experience will be like retail. It is best if I give a taste of retail even in demo and fix problems before future revisions.

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
      Dbirkin: I read an article a long time ago or read that the bailouts of resident evil 1.5 were using computers is not with the typewriters.
      Computers or save units. Card readers for example. Memory cards can be read by many devices.
      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Computers or save units. Card readers for example. Memory cards can be read by many devices.
        You mean like this conveniently placed terminal in the subway area? If you examine the other terminals in the area, it is definitely the odd one out because of its design and seeming lack of function in getting the train operational.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM6XX019.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	402849

Also, I noticed there does not seem to be a save point in sight in any of the RPD areas in the build, will you only be implementing them in the missing 2F and 3F areas then? Last, but not the least, I'm sure your internal 1.5 experts have already noted the geographical inconsistencies between the manholes in the RPD area and the ones in the L-Tunnel (even the ladders in this build are magical). Do you plan on addressing this by, say, adding a filler B1 passage (like in retail) or do you plan on keeping the current connection points as is?
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          You mean like this conveniently placed terminal in the subway area? If you examine the other terminals in the area, it is definitely the odd one out because of its design and seeming lack of function in getting the train operational.
          Looks like normal subway panel.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          Also, I noticed there does not seem to be a save point in sight in any of the RPD areas in the build, will you only be implementing them in the missing 2F and 3F areas then? Last, but not the least, I'm sure your internal 1.5 experts have already noted the geographical inconsistencies between the manholes in the RPD area and the ones in the L-Tunnel (even the ladders in this build are magical). Do you plan on addressing this by, say, adding a filler B1 passage (like in retail) or do you plan on keeping the current connection points as is?
          No big inconsistency. Sewers are much bigger than precinct and entrance tunnel fits in proportion.
          “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• I would like to express my gratitude to the team B.Zork. Thank you very much and good luck!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
              Looks like normal subway panel.

No big inconsistency. Sewers are much bigger than precinct and entrance tunnel fits in proportion.
              Well, you have a terminal for connecting the refuelling hose (the one in front of the train door) and another one for opening the platform gate (beside it), so I'm guessing the one in the picture is for a more obscure task then, such as restoring power to the terminals or unlocking doors?

As for the inconsistency, do you mean to say it is negligible? Looking at the ripped maps for the sewers and RPD, they are both in 1:610 scale, and if you were to overlay all of the relevant areas on top of each other, there would be about a 25 meter/75 feet discrepancy between the manhole and the ladder it connects to in the tunnel. 12.5 meter/37.5 feet if you decide to put the L-Tunnel in the middle and divide the distance between the two manholes. In terms of magical powers, this beats out the vertical elevator shaft in the retail lab. In any case, I just find the glaring inconsistency quite peculiar, as the other areas in the game seem to have had their layouts planned out well (elevator and main shaft in the lab lining up well, elevator motor directly under the elevator shaft in the RPD power room, etc.) Then there's the matter of the Drains map specifically labelling it as "B2".

Click image for larger version

Name:	sewer discrepancies.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	402850
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 04-13-2013, 11:08 AM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by BiohazardCat View Post
                So because someone understands what was said and you didn't, this leads you to diagnose with schizophrenia? You are quite the amazing conversationalist and communicator, apparently you also have some license to practice psychology (*intended sarcasm). It's also baffling that you continue to post in this thread even though you are on record as hating Resident Evil 1.5, others have called you out for being the egotistical asshat that you are, even hundreds of pages ago, but you continue to stick around and prove their assertions every step of the way. Why you are here and not on your own site's forums posting about how grand Resident Evil 5 & 6 are, how you fapped on the discs of both last night, is puzzling to say the least. Though I will say after discovering you were behind Project Umbrella, despite how awesome some of the editorials are (and some of them are really good), I've decided not to bother going back to Project Umbrella. Most of the folks in the forums over their share your hatred for Resident Evil 1.5 anyway.

You haven't been missed, so please go away for another two weeks!
                Pretty sure this has been said before.....does anyone even like you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHA That was good!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      Me or BiohazardCat?
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                        Until items are not usable we can not. Yes boys. Game can not use items for events. Looking for solutions.
                        Guys, do you see what this is? D.Birkin is asking for assistance! If I knew jack about programming you can bet I'd be all over this, but the least I can do is raise the call. Those of us that know how, let's hear some ideas! This is your chance to actually help the Team in their endeavors! Be a part of something grand! Onward to glory
                        It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Looking for solutions is what I always do. Do not worry. I am researching for inspiration in BETA 2 code.

Comment

• This is a really offtopic question but i asked before and got no reply, but seeing the amazing work you guys somehow did, do you think it would at all be possible to hack RE Outbreak to allow lan?

So many people are happy at you right now for 1.5

But many more would probably worship you for adding something outbreak should of had from the start.
                            Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                              This is a really offtopic question but i asked before and got no reply
                              You answered your own question - "no reply".

Possible, but not in their interest, I believe.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Dbirkin: I wanted to know if there is a map of the town of raccoon city of resident evil 1.5? I'm writing a story for the sequel to resident evil 1.5 (a resident evil 3 alternative)

Comment

Working...
                                X