Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace video by update, and you'll have the perfect representation of this thread:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Team_IGAS_Psychic_Friends_Hotline.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	403550

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        I have a feeling that this will be one of those things that just drops from the sky when we all least expect it.
        Agreed, much like the WIP build I reckon the demo will just be released without any trailers, announcements or dates but perhaps that would be better.

Comment

• Holy shit, these rooms are amazing looking.

Comment

• Shiny!

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing their clean up of the Factory and Sewer. The RPD has come together rather nicely.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• No way we will be seeing a demo soon. They are showing way too many pictures now which almost feels like compensation.
                That plant better have either been placed there recently by the officers or its fake. Theres no way that thing could live there without any sunlight. Also that rail is a bit TOO hi quality looking for the game.
                Last edited by NEOMEGA; 02-02-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                  Also that rail is a bit TOO hi quality looking for the game.
                  Not trying to put down their work, but he's right on that. The police station just had gone through a zombie apocalypse, but the rail is completely clean and shiny.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                    Not trying to put down their work, but he's right on that. The police station just had gone through a zombie apocalypse, but the rail is completely clean and shiny.
                    So you're telling me zombies, impatient as they are, wouldn't wait another couple of months for winter to come before they'd put their filthy tongues all over that thing?

Comment

• I'm guessing that these are early renders; they don't match the style of the original backgrounds, which the previous (yet more recent) update did beautifully (compare the old and new Interrogation Rooms). Also, the wall textures seem more appropriate for a basement stairwell. Unless the cement-block walls are for fire safety reasons, I'd have thought that the walls would look more like the upper-floor corridor walls. The strangest parts of these backgrounds are the staircases themselves; it's as though they've virtually no support, just a saw-tooth shape created in empty space. It's architecturally possible, I suppose, but combined with the shiny rails, it looks like a stairwell in the Museum of Modern Art.

It seems as though nothing has changed since at least September 12th 2013:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civilian.png
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	403553

Unless it's strangely out of view, the first floor of the West Stairwell is missing a window, which can be seen very clearly and unambiguously here:

Name:	00000067.png
Views:	5
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	403554Click image for larger version

Name:	00000072.png
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	403555Click image for larger version

Name:	00000449.png
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	403556

Upon further inspection, the second floor of the West Stairwell is missing a window as well:

Name:	00000066.png
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	403557Click image for larger version

Name:	00000448.png
Views:	4
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	403558

That being said, I am thrilled that updates are arriving more frequently, whether old or new. It's a really nice release from playing the waiting game for the Preview Version. For those who don't want spoilers, just ignore the IGAS updates until the game is released (trust me, you'll know when it is).
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 02-02-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• ^Yeah .. those stairs look kinda weird and cheap - would be better if they were 'filled in' with a slope underneath (like the 1F pic has under them) which would look more realistic. The shiny railings maybe should be toned down a bit duller too? Apart from those, looks great.

Of course as people have said already, these may have totally changed and could be early renders still..

MOCK UP HERE VIA PHOTOSHOP:

Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 02-02-2014, 05:24 PM.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Very nice. Some proportions and angles seem like they need adjusting in some rooms, but they seem to have almost the entire building done structurally. I wonder if they plan to recreate the helipad, iirc the helipad misses some background details from the final build.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            Very nice. Some proportions and angles seem like they need adjusting in some rooms, but they seem to have almost the entire building done structurally. I wonder if they plan to recreate the helipad, iirc the helipad misses some background details from the final build.
                            yeah the buildings were bigger, and the 'magazine club' billboard was changed I think, maybe few more stars in the sky as well

Comment

• hello again! most renders you see in pictures of release at times is quick test render where complex effects are turned off to save time many include placeholder object for many reason. we do many quick renders when test for easy trying of either camera angle or compression artifacting and atmosphere look on screen in game. what is it people see is problem with stairs? we had do many talks in group of how to design stairs in modern building like rpd because the stair room 1 and 2 are both very compact room and lead graphic designer did search on concrete stair design that save space and this became one inspiration http://www.contemporist.com/2010/12/...se-by-gruposp/

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                                what is it people see is problem with stairs?
                                It's not an unacceptable design, I just wasn't expecting the style, I suppose. No screenshots of the original West Stairwell exist in the public domain anyway (was its design even finalised?), and IGAS has the final say in the game's aesthetics, since it is partially their game now. There's no concrete reason (no pun intended) why the current design wouldn't work except for the issue of missing windows, which is in direct conflict with the continuity of the precinct's established design (as seen in the official backgrounds).

Comment

Working...
                                X