Is Hunnigan in Danger!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hunnigan in Danger!?

Resident Evil 6 is a "Dramatic Horror" experience, with each trailer we see a much more emotional and perhaps a more human side to the characters, for example Leon has less quirky dialog and seems truly upset about having to take his good friend down.

In the E3 2012 trailer we see Hunnigan and Simmons in the same room talking to Leon and Helena at the computer. Now heres my question guys!

Hunnigan is shown in the trailer to have a almost shocked or a realization look on her face, Will Hunnigan try and stop Simmons from his plans? try and find out what he has planned? or outright try and stop Simmons using her resources?

And if she does try to help Leon and Helena do you think we could see her being caught and taken out by Simmons? After all Simmons has many great resources at his disposal.

Could this be one example of the Dramatic Horror Capcom wishes to deliver with Resident Evil 6? Will Hunnigan become a fallen heroine to fight for what is right?

Fine out next time on DRAGONBA.......

In October when RE6 releases.
    Last edited by shanemurphy; 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM.

I look at it like this. Simmons is setting up Leona and Helena. That's why he wants them to turn themselves in. It wouldn't benefit him to start causing chaos over at HQ.

That said, Hunnigan is helping Leon by faking their deaths. And it's obvious that trouble is waiting for them as they arrive to China. So perhaps Simmons may be placing a tap on her and she could be in danger. Just speculation of course. Either they'd pin her as an accomplice or take her away from duty to be disposed of. We do know from the demo however that she's still around contacting Leon when he arrives in China. Simmons is also there as well. But we don't know anymore beyond that. For certain though is that Hunnigan has to help him behind the scenes.

Comment

Sounds logical. It would be interesting since Simmons is a villain in a high position of power on the "good side". There's a lot he can do to cause some major damage, and as we've seen, the stakes (and death tolls) are already pretty high.

I also like that the game seems to be taking secondary characters and making them more important. Benford got turned from a nameless agent from a 1999 photo into the goddamn President.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I sure hope Hunnigan gets to do something in this game besides sit behind a desk.

Comment

Well, Leon it appears that Leon asks her to fake his and Helena's death after Tall Oaks. And in E3 trailer it looks like Simmons found out of them being in China. So yeah, Hunnigan
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_leoss0rPWj1qdlkgg.gif
Views:	1
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	401414

Comment

@Newsie Is the person in the RE3 Leon Epilogue supposed to be (the now deceased) President Benford?

Comment

Yeah I was unaware of this too?
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                @Newsie Is the person in the RE3 Leon Epilogue supposed to be (the now deceased) President Benford?
                Yep. I can't remember where it was confirmed, either on the official site or in one of the Famitsu articles, but Benford is the very man who recruited Leon into the DSO.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Interesting. DSC seemed to paint whoever recruited him into the DSO very much as an ass. I'd like to kind of imagine that the asshole from DSC started to get the ball rolling and it was Benford who got the ball rolling for Leon to completely accept his new role in the gov't. Well, here's hoping that RE6 fleshes at least a little more out. We deserve more than shitty localization and aome half-assed attempt at giving us some background on a very important piece in the series.

Comment

From the E3 trailer, the way Hunnigan looks away as Simmons says "It's my job to prevent terrorist attacks.... Not cause them." gave me the impression that she knows what he's up to but isn't in a position to do much about it at the moment. Being much higher in the chain of command than Hunnigan, I'm pretty sure Simmons has no worries about her doing anything against him (such as going around saying this man is probably responsible for the worldwide outbreaks happening). This would be why she presumably fakes Leon and Helena's deaths since it's the only real thing she can do on her end. Of course, this is all speculation and maybe we'll see Hunnigan kick some ass in RE6.
                    Last edited by Spera01; 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I would assume that faking the death of two agents like Leon and Helena go against his authority!! Haha, you're completely right. Almost reminds me of some 24 type CTU stuff. I'm really curious as to what Helena HAS to show LSK at the chapel or wherever... I'd assume it's incriminating against Mr. Simmons. Thoughts or speculations?

Comment

I kind of want something to happen, to her. She's always just been one of those characters who has bothered me, and I think it'd get a good damn chuckle out of her demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                          I would assume that faking the death of two agents like Leon and Helena go against his authority!! Haha, you're completely right. Almost reminds me of some 24 type CTU stuff. I'm really curious as to what Helena HAS to show LSK at the chapel or wherever... I'd assume it's incriminating against Mr. Simmons. Thoughts or speculations?
                          LMAO I was just thinking '24' when reading that post.

Comment

Working...
                          X