Resident Evil Damnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy looks a lot like Ark Thompson.

Doubt CAPCOM will be that awesome, though.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Im strongly beliveing its Ark. Leon and Ark were friends as well
      PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        No denial. He'll look him into the eyes, squint, call him Queenie, and hit him before he even knows what happened.

Like I said, only Rebecca Chambers can boss around that marine. And that only because he was kind and respectful.

Edit: Hopefully the 7 minutes isn't from the beginning (I'm sure it is), but rather somewhere in the middle of the film, exciting and full of action.
        Leon is a government agent, highly trained in weapons, blades and hand-to-hand. Not to mention that Leon is still well versed in those arts whereas Billy has probably gone a little slack, running from the law and all. Besides, Krauser was hard-core special forces (which would no doubt eat Billy's Marine lunch) with a giant super-strong mutant arm, and Leon beat him with a knife.
        sigpic

Comment

Probably some dude named Jong Dingashingadingshing, brother of some female in the movie who ends up getting mutated. Degeneration 2.

Comment

Ark Thompson seems the most likely candidate (even the movie's attire for him seems similar). Interesting that they might be bringing a side character into the main canon.
            Last edited by DarkMemories; 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              New guy looks a lot like Ark Thompson.

Doubt CAPCOM will be that awesome, though.
              A returning character from the Biohazard LIMBO? Nah, knowing Capcom is just another disposable plot device character. I'd love to see Ark though. He seemed like a cool guy on Survivor.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Y'guys! Don't get my hopes up! Now I've officially set myself up for disappointment =[

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                  Leon is a government agent, highly trained in weapons, blades and hand-to-hand. Not to mention that Leon is still well versed in those arts whereas Billy has probably gone a little slack, running from the law and all. Besides, Krauser was hard-core special forces (which would no doubt eat Billy's Marine lunch) with a giant super-strong mutant arm, and Leon beat him with a knife.
                  So many things wrong with this.

Marine training annihilates government agent training.
                  Marines are highly trained in CQC, weapons, knives, and everything survival basically. They are also very powerful and strong when it comes to strength.
                  Billy had to do no running, his name was cleared by Rebecca post-RE1. He can easily change his name and live a new, clean record life.
                  Krauser was cake. However, had it not been for Ada, he would have easily killed Leon. Easily.
                  Leon never beat Krauser with a knife.
                  Leon never even killed Krauser, Ada did.

My friend joined the Marines. Skinny, skater guy. 3 years later he comes back looking like John Cena, doing backflips and other crazy shit. The marines training is sick, and is one of the best out there (I was to be a Marine myself, but things changed course in the 2nd year of University and I steered myself towards a different field).

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                    Ark Thompson seems the most likely candidate (even the movie's attire for him seems similar). Interesting that they might be bringing a side character into the main canon.
                    He was always part of the main canon though, there only is one canon. I'd be more surprised if they brought back Carlos or Nicholai considering they had decided that they would never appear in the main series again due to initially being written as non-canon characters.

Comment

"Main Canon" translates to "Main Series", for what it's worth. In other words, he's out of the obscurity of Survivor and rollin' with the big boys, so to speak.

Comment

"Main Canon" translates to "Main Series", for what it's worth. In other words, he's out of the obscurity of Survivor and rollin' with the big boys, so to speak.
                        Makes much more sense. Technically he already was by simply being Leon's friend, they don't usually mention any of the characters or events from the main series in any of the extra games.

It's actually kinda sad seeing how much it looks like Ark, feeling hopeful, then remembering that it's fucking CAPCOM.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          So many things wrong with this.

Marine training annihilates government agent training.
                          Marines are highly trained in CQC, weapons, knives, and everything survival basically. They are also very powerful and strong when it comes to strength.
                          Billy had to do no running, his name was cleared by Rebecca post-RE1. He can easily change his name and live a new, clean record life.
                          Krauser was cake. However, had it not been for Ada, he would have easily killed Leon. Easily.
                          Leon never beat Krauser with a knife.
                          Leon never even killed Krauser, Ada did.

My friend joined the Marines. Skinny, skater guy. 3 years later he comes back looking like John Cena, doing backflips and other crazy shit. The marines training is sick, and is one of the best out there (I was to be a Marine myself, but things changed course in the 2nd year of University and I steered myself towards a different field).
                          1: Leon's Government training beats, or at the very least equals, Marine training. Case in point; Parkour session in Degeneration. That takes enormous strength, speed and agility. Speed/agility is something I believe Billy would be lacking.
                          2: See point one.
                          3: Still, that doesn't mean he's practicing his skills on a daily basis, as Leon has been doing since shortly after September 1998.
                          4: If you are referring to the knife fight, there is no way to know that. Leon obviously was aided by the lady in red, but I feel that he could have defeated him.
                          5: Technically, if you count possible during-gameplay events and the fact that developers gave Krauser a knife weakness, he beat Krauser with a knife/CQC/Weapon combo.
                          6: Leon could only assume he was dead, as he didn't have much time to check what with the parasites, ticking time bombs, etc.

I don't doubt that Marine training is exemplary, I'm just saying that 10+ years after leaving the Marines, your skills will deteriorate over that much time without regular upkeep as Leon has been doing. Strength as well, if you haven't kept to that level of training.
                          Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-13-2012, 11:15 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why is there a Billy vs Leon discussion going on =|?

Also, if Ark is the mystery mister would that mean Survivor flashbacks!? 8D Lottplz

Comment

You know, based on the fact that there seems to be one of those containment pods in the movie, it's a possibility we could see a Tyrant in the film.

Comment

You know, based on the fact that there seems to be one of those containment pods in the movie, it's a possibility we could see a Tyrant in the film.
                                Ustanak, perhaps? :O Maybe that's how he lost his arm, Leon blew it off.
                                Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X