Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few things I've always wondered about RE4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
    Another strange thing I noticed is that there is a baby snake in the swamp area on the way to the lake. Every once in a while when I go through that area coming from the village heading to the lake, by the time I've shot all the big snakes and killed all the villagers, there will be a very small snake slithering around the door that leads to the lake. It either leaves a golden egg or nothing, I've never seen it drop a regular or brown egg.

Awesome. That means that there has to be more than two in RE4.... I might have to go on a beetle hunt. XD

I guess that's possible. On the island, you get more than one reference that the Plagas soldiers are eating people. Cooking the guy in the kitchen and the plate full of flesh in that room before the Security Cam room.

In the first house, where you encounter your first Ganado, if you examine the fireplace Leon will say that there is something in the fire, but he can't tell what it is. Inside you can see little bones and a forearm and hand from a very small person.

The spiders are only in one place in the whole game that I know of. In the abandoned village area (where you find Luis in the cabinet), if you can manage to keep from blowing up any of the trip-mines and kill the dynamite throwers before that can throw, you'll find 2-3 very large spiders in the shed that has a trip-mine in it. You can step on them and they'll squish. XD You can also shoot or knife them.

In Mendez's house, if you go to the kitchen you'll see a big pot sitting on the floor. If you angle your camera just right, you'll see a human skull floating in soup.

Yeah, I totally agree. It took me several playthroughs to notice all the cool stuff. One of my favorite things is in the Village, in one of the houses there is a little window up near the roof line. If you go inside and position yourself just right, it frames the officer's body on the stake perfectly. It's so eery, especially if you sneak to that house before the Ganado notice you.
    Thats cool thanks I will check all of them out on my next playthrough. Specially the spider things I had no idea, I think I found them. How could I have missed that?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      1) http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Regenerador

2) Ashley was part of a "ritual" involving the mother/queen Plaga which gave her Plaga the ability to either become another mother Plaga or to simply gain the ability to spawn Plagas, which would then forcefully take control of anyone nearby.
      1) So I was kind of right. They don't evolve into Regeneradors, they have to be made as such using multiple plagas.

2) Didn't the "ritual" take place at the end of the Castle stage with Salazar versus in the weird machine on the island?

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
      Thats cool thanks I will check all of them out on my next playthrough. Specially the spider things I had no idea, I think I found them. How could I have missed that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BOIEwFn7s
      Yep, that's it. XD Also, be sure to do the clipping glitch on the farm and the other clipping glitch in the dungeon with the novistadores. In the former, you can get outside the bounds of the map and pick up some rare ammo and other items, and in the latter you can trigger a cutscene that was never used in the final game.
      Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

i can use this thread for my purpose only:

in RE4, in the farm, daylight. go to fence glitch. on the outworld, go around and get next to the tree where the merchant letter is. move to a spot you can see the infinite in botton; right down the tree, there is a white shining file. we cant take it, because you must go to the underground. any dude who wants to hack the ground level and fly a bit to get the letter?
        or it is impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          i can use this thread for my purpose only:

in RE4, in the farm, daylight. go to fence glitch. on the outworld, go around and get next to the tree where the merchant letter is. move to a spot you can see the infinite in botton; right down the tree, there is a white shining file. we cant take it, because you must go to the underground. any dude who wants to hack the ground level and fly a bit to get the letter?
          or it is impossible?
          That's a bit off topic. You're talking more about hacking RE4 to see a possibly hidden item instead of talking about elements of the environment and story that need explaining. Also, I'm having a hard time understanding what "move to a spot you can see the infinite in botton" means...
          Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

2) Didn't the "ritual" take place at the end of the Castle stage with Salazar versus in the weird machine on the island?
            Yeah, the machine appears to have just been used to keep her in stasis and slow down her Plaga's assimilation, since they need her to be "normal" when she is sent back to the President so he doesn't suspect anything.

By the way, as a side-note, Saddler's plot has little to do with being pissed at the U.S. That was added by Shinsaku Ohara, the translator, in a rather sad attempt at trying to be a political commentator.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah, the machine appears to have just been used to keep her in stasis and slow down her Plaga's assimilation, since they need her to be "normal" when she is sent back to the President so he doesn't suspect anything.

By the way, as a side-note, Saddler's plot has little to do with being pissed at the U.S. That was added by Shinsaku Ohara, the translator, in a rather sad attempt at trying to be a political commentator.
              Hrm, so the consensus is that the machine was keeping her plaga in stasis. Ok.

As for Saddler hating the U.S., I always figured he was attacking the U.S. because it just seemed like the best country to go for if he was planning on infecting the world. The U.S. would have the power to forcefully infect North, Central and South America quite easily thus infecting roughly 40%-50% of the earth's population in one blow.
              sigpic

Comment

As for Saddler hating the U.S., I always figured he was attacking the U.S. because it just seemed like the best country to go for if he was planning on infecting the world. The U.S. would have the power to forcefully infect North, Central and South America quite easily thus infecting roughly 40%-50% of the earth's population in one blow.
                That's actually precisely what he says in the actual script. He just says the U.S. is "just right" for demonstrating his power to the world.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

That's actually precisely what he says in the actual script. He just says the U.S. is "just right" for demonstrating his power to the world.
                  That's interesting. Another thing I've always had a theory about... The helicopter that Ada flies away in, there are numbers and some strange block patterned logo on the side. (looks like a barcode of a type heavily used in Japan) Was that ever looked at to see if it had any secrets to reveal?

Disregard the bar code stuff. I went back and looked, no such thing. Have no clue why I thought I saw one.
                  Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-10-2012, 09:26 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the info!

That's interesting. Another thing I've always had a theory about... The helicopter that Ada flies away in, there are numbers and some strange block patterned logo on the side. (looks like a barcode of a type heavily used in Japan) Was that ever looked at to see if it had any secrets to reveal?
                    Lol, I'd laugh if it was CA336458.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

1) So I was kind of right. They don't evolve into Regeneradors, they have to be made as such using multiple plagas.

Yep, that's it. XD Also, be sure to do the clipping glitch on the farm and the other clipping glitch in the dungeon with the novistadores. In the former, you can get outside the bounds of the map and pick up some rare ammo and other items, and in the latter you can trigger a cutscene that was never used in the final game.
                      Wait...what cutscene? Is it on youtube? I got to see this.

Comment

Looks like I must have been seeing things. No bar code whatsoever. The numbers are CA33- Just kidding. XD They're actually A-T310. And there seems to be a block of text on the door in red lettering, but I can't make it out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X