Resident Evil 1.5 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1.5 mods

Where are the RE 1.5 mods? Can they be played on the PS emulators?I see some many images/videos of them, but never see where to obtain them.

Anyway, can you RE 1.5 mod makers, make your own survival horror game? Maybe put the RE characters in a game, make it have funny parts, scary parts etc etc.
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

I think most if not all 1.5 mods are just RE2 mods for the PC version.

Comment

shanemurphy is correct although I think some of these mods are possible on the playstation by modifying rips of RE2 on ps1 and replacing files with different ones e.g. a different character skin or background.

Comment

As long as you bypass the integrity checks and keep all the stuff within the machine specs, it is very possible.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          As long as you bypass the integrity checks and keep all the stuff within the machine specs, it is very possible.
          does all resident evil games on ps1 are with integirty checks? how this works and how one disables such check?
          ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
            does all resident evil games on ps1 are with integirty checks?
            No idea about RE3, but RE 1&2 definitively have a simple checksum control.

how this works and how one disables such check?
            In order to disable it you need to hack the code and pad out the checking routine, or you could understand how it works and regenerate the checksum byte in the file allocation table. It's nothing particularly trivial, people translating RE1 have done this before.

Comment

It's nothing particularly trivial, people translating RE1 have done this before.
              I still think it's sad how it always feels like I'm talking to deaf ears in this community whenever I've been telling people to look towards the fan-translation community for technical talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                I still think it's sad how it always feels like I'm talking to deaf ears in this community whenever I've been telling people to look towards the fan-translation community for technical talent.
                Fan communities deffinately have a lot of talent, I've watched a lot of Japanese fansubs in the past and they're always top quality.

Comment

Fansubs aren't really the same thing. We were talking about communities involving hacking.

Comment

Yeah... the technical talent within the fansub community usually isn't much to write home about (same goes for the general quality of writing in the majority of the groups too, unfortunately, but those that actually do excell at what they do often not only rival but also far surpass plenty of official works.)

Comment

Then you get this kind of shit:

Comment

Fansubs aren't really the same thing. We were talking about communities involving hacking.
                        Someone who translates Japanese text to English text is a translator, it's very much the same thing. I imagine the person who's responsible for editing the Japanese symbols and replacing them with English (or whatever the output language is) symbols would be a different person, as the two languages aren't all that compatible. If you try to write sentences using English text that replaces Japanese the sentences will be poorly constructed and you'd end up wih something "a li ttle b it li k e th is." Programming skills would be required to edit the game in such a way that proper English fonts could be used and the translation could be written in a way that is comparable to the originals. If some one person has both of these skills, they're an incredibly talented person!

In case you're curious, I've mostly been watching fansubs of the Kamen Rider series from a website I'm not sure I can name here, some of them better than others of course, they're quite decent I had no problems understanding and following the series.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                          Someone who translates Japanese text to English text is a translator, it's very much the same thing. I imagine the person who's responsible for editing the Japanese symbols and replacing them with English (or whatever the output language is) symbols would be a different person, as the two languages aren't all that compatible. If you try to write sentences using English text that replaces Japanese the sentences will be poorly constructed and you'd end up wih something "a li ttle b it li k e th is." Programming skills would be required to edit the game in such a way that proper English fonts could be used and the translation could be written in a way that is comparable to the originals. If some one person has both of these skills, they're an incredibly talented person!

In case you're curious, I've mostly been watching fansubs of the Kamen Rider series from a website I'm not sure I can name here, some of them better than others of course, they're quite decent I had no problems understanding and following the series.
                          But it's still not the same thing, with games you have find a way to put what you have translated back in the game, and make it working that's another challenge, because you can get the text back, but you don't know if then the game will accept it.

Then you get this kind of shit:

That's awful, but not sad as the karaoke intro/outro or the gay coloured and illegible fonts of some releases.
                          Last edited by SonicBlue; 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            If some one person has both of these skills, they're an incredibly talented person!
                            /me points self
                            As for the part where I mentioned translating RE1, I didn't mean in any way the actual process of translating the script, but what's behind that (since the main topic of that was bypassing the checksum control). So again, it's two totally different things.

Comment

/me points self
                              As for the part where I mentioned translating RE1, I didn't mean in any way the actual process of translating the script, but what's behind that (since the main topic of that was bypassing the checksum control). So again, it's two totally different things.
                              Indeed. I was merely talking about the translation process and not the process of physically changing the lettering in the game. If someone has both skills then sure you could call it the same thing, but translating text and editing symbols is something entirely different, you could edit them into pictures of giraffes and kittens if you wanted, it doesn't mean the person is talented at translating Japanese, or vice versa.

And in any point I was responding to Carnivol in regards to fan work over professional work in which the former is more than often superior to the latter.
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X