Sherry Birkin RE2 compared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherry Birkin RE2 compared

I had no idea someone made this great tool called RE2MV. It is amazing. I wish this was out years ago. Anyway, I was able to view and export Sherry Birkin's final and beta model.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherry_Compared.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	406102

You can see a big difference. The beta model has a bigger head, and a little huskier than the final model. I think the beta model was supposed to be 8 or 10 yrs old compared to the final, which is a 12 year old girl
    And Yes, I know I put a g at the end of Birkin in the thread title, my mistake
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

This is a model of Sherry I modeled a while back for bioflames.com

Name:	MySherry.png
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	401478
    I created this model fast. If I did this model again, I would definitely put more detail, and use a sculpting application like sculptris(its free).
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

the beta has a puppet face, it doesnt express any feelings, this is bad because RE2 dont have facial expression, so she would have that funny face all of the time eheh even with birking staring at her. the final show to us a fragile and sad girl, who actually misses her parents, so, retail version wins.

there is also a funny thing about the beta, is down view; sherry has a big square arm eheh, they tinted it with the shirt's color in final.

dude, did u know there is a "g" in the thread title?
      Last edited by yurieu; 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, I wrote that in the first post! I do not know how to fix this? And you wrote Birkin With a g at the end too

Comment

I made more screen shots so you can see more differences between the beta and final version of Sherry Birkin

Name:	Sherry_Compared2.jpg
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	401479
          This image shows the whole body in parts

Name:	Sherry_Compared3.jpg
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	401480
          This image shows the face close up plus the texture maps

Comment

thanks, i never knew they were so different. im using said tool to try and make a playable sherry with kid zombies and your layout helps.

Comment

EDIT

Thanks for the pictures XD
              Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

What about Sherry MacBirkin?

Comment

Man, Sherry's 1.5 facial textures make her look like a robot with dilated eyes that's staring into space for seven hours. Her final textures have so much more character and shadowing, especially her facials. Whoever handled her RE2 texture design obviously had a lot of love in the work. The headband is a nice touch too I'm glad they revised all the character textures for everyone else too.
                  Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 07-24-2012, 12:43 AM.
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

I agree with you on the age thing. Beta Sherry looks very young her face is very round and cute looking, where as final Sherry looks a lot older with her bone structure being more defined. I actually like beta Sherry's profile a lot more but the face on final Sherry is less creepy, it's a lot more neutral looking.

Comment

To me, Beta sherry looks like a young Japanese woman with blonde hair. I'm glad they changed her to current iteration. And I totally agree with OKeijiDragon. The textures for the time were great. Such an upgrade from the first game.

Comment

The clothes of the beta model look as good as the final model. If the eyes were done better and the skin and hair had darker shadows and brighter highlights, the beta probably would have been in the retail version. I wonder why the Resident Evil team decided to remake all the models instead of enhancing the textures? That would have saved a lot of time I think.

I hope to compare all the beta RE2 characters with the final retail version.
                        Last edited by Black~Crow; 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X