How did Richard get bit by a snake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Richard get bit by a snake?

Alright, looking at RE1. Richard went into the Attic, got bit by a snack, then laid down in that L shaped corridor. Now, when you go to open that door, the Helmet key is needed, which is the Grandfather clocks secret stash.

There is no way Richard or someone else locked that door so...what the hell.
    sigpic

Gameplay =/= plot.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

1: Richard got bit by the snake, because the snake bit him.

2: The door was locked for puzzles reasons more than plot reasons.

3: The key in the clock makes no sense to be hidden there after just being used to lock the Yawn in the attic because its video game logic.Video game logic is more for game play rather than story, so the two don't really mesh up when you look at things realistically.

Yer looking for something that isn't there dude.

Comment

It was one of those locks that can be locked by twisting the wrong way instead of using a key. Richard locked it in his exit. Solved.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Richard went to the attic having the key, faced the snake, locked the door, went to the piano room, played Moonlight Sonata, changed the emblems, inserted the key into the hole behind the clock, then he changed the emblems again, played Moonlight Sonata again to close the passage, hid the music notes behind the shelf, locked the piano room, came back to the L shaped corridor, locked the front door, gave the key to Rebecca by the little hole under the door, then Rebecca stored the key in the Green Room and injected the T-Virus in one of the herbs so it could turn into a mutant plant e secure that no one would get the two keys needed.

Most plausible theory!

Comment

everyone less you has a masterkey. simple. even sherry has one in RE2.
            Last edited by yurieu; 07-28-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Richard dying due to poison from the Yawn is part of the plot. Even though you're saying that getting the key etc. it just doesn't make sense.

HE'S A MAGICAL WIZARD I TELL YOU.
              Last edited by Chris' Boob; 07-28-2012, 10:50 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                I'm pretty sure Richard dying due to poison from the Yawn is part of the plot. Even though you're saying that getting the key etc. it just doesn't make sense.

HE'S A MAGICAL WIZARD I TELL YOU.
                The events of BH1 are intentionally vague. Even then, Richard officially dies due to being directly killed by a B.O.W. rather than poison. Like I said, gameplay =/= plot. They aren't meant to completely make sense together.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Because Wesker hide it. Did I mention that he can play piano pretty well?

Actually I think that a demon transported him to the yawn room and then transported him to the hallway to his slow death. There are terrible demons, ouch!
                  Last edited by Aleff; 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM.
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Maybe the door was left a jar and Richard closed it when he left? I dont like to think gameplay over plot so I am going with that theory.

Comment

You fight the Yawn in two locations in the original game. Who's to say it couldn't go through a large ventilation shaft or even the fire place? Nowhere does it say that Richard was bitten in the attic. He may've been bitten somewhere else, and the Yawn fled. You encounter it in the attic by chance, perhaps, or that's where it has "retreated". More plausible theory, if you're looking for logic that is ... this IS a video game after all, as many others have mentioned.
                      Last edited by doriantoki; 07-28-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

How else could be do it? He's a Jumper.

Comment

I always thought that Wesker used the masterkey to lock all the doors and keep step ahead of the STARS.
                          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X