Be realistic: Quick check for Resident Evil 1.5 donation drive idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    I selected $10. I don't believe that anyone should profit from this product. It's a beta of an unreleased game. Even if someone "brings" it to us, why should they ultimately profit from a team's hard work? Doesn't seem right.
    Personally I'd release it for free, however...say Mr.Green somehow came across a genuine source, paid an x amount of dollars for 1.5, parted ways with the contact and then decided to release it to the public for a sum. I would completely understand Mr. Green wanting to at least make his money back. In that case, Mr. Green isn't profiting from Capcom's hard work, he's just making his money back while 1.5 is released to the fans in return. The problem with that logic is, how can you truly know what Mr. Green paid for it, IF he paid for it at all.

Many of us shell out $60 bucks on games every month so it's not a big difference to me, except that the games I purchase are actually finished. In the end it's basically this: You wanna play, you gotta pay.
    Last edited by REmaster; 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

For me, the amount of money is not really an issue. It is the money itself. Money is kinda tight right now.

If it was a group effort, with everyone chipping in, I'd try to chip in between $201 - $500.

If it was myself up against 1.5, then at most I'd pay $1000.

Years ago, these sets of numbers may have been different. They may have been higher. But today, in this economy, the value of a lot of material things has gone down drastically. The most important things right now in life are:

1. Food
      2. Shelter
      3. Clothing

Those are all you need to survive. So, while it would be nice to have 1.5, in the grand scheme of life, it is not worth insane amounts of money by one individual only. Unless you are rich, then that's a different story.

A group effort is also another story.

At this current moment, the most I'd probably be able to contribute is $300, and it wouldn't be all at once. Maybe $50 every 2 weeks, until $300 is reached. Yes, that is how tight money is right now.

But I wouldn't be able to make any promises. I feel it is important to let that be known up front.
      Last edited by RetroRain; 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
        Not paying anything for something I already own. ;)

Just kidding. You already know how much I can chip in from our msn conversation.
        I thought Dotcal50 already owned it? Anyway, were would the game go if enough funds were raised? A Public site to download? This site? Just wondering
        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
          I thought Dotcal50 already owned it? Anyway, were would the game go if enough funds were raised? A Public site to download? This site? Just wondering
          While I don't know who Dotcal50 is, I can assure you that Dot50Cal never had 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
            While I don't know who Dotcal50 is, I can assure you that Dot50Cal never had 1.5.
            He's been away so long even his name is starting to differ from one story to the next. This is how legends are born.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              He's been away so long even his name is starting to differ from one story to the next. This is how legends are born.
              You are the real resident evil master!
              I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                You are the real resident evil master!
                *blushes*

Comment

why... oh god why I ever fell in love with 1.5. I so love it.
                  Me must have it.
                  My precious.... We must have it. We find owners. And have it.
                  Yes.
                  Gollum. Barabellum. John rounds so kille'd em. Itchy Tasty. Scot not bike.

// G-Enhanced Marvin....
                  Last edited by Marvin; 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM.
                  ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                    I selected $10. I don't believe that anyone should profit from this product. It's a beta of an unreleased game. Even if someone "brings" it to us, why should they ultimately profit from a team's hard work? Doesn't seem right.
                    Do you honestly think the few owners of that game got it for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      My curiosity needs to be quenched + I'm lookin' for blood! The beast needs to feast, hence the last two options in the poll.
                      I offer this to quench your hunger....

*was a picture of a cute bunny. Doesn't show up anymore.*

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                      You guys are talking about 5clato0d, right? Wasn't it once told that he had the power to move things with his mind?
                      Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 08-01-2012, 07:56 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I voted $0-10 but it really depends. If the 'fund' is about to end, and it's like $200 away, I'd definitely donate 200, but all in all it depends on when that time comes.
                        sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know. I'm one part bothered, two parts not giving a fuck. I'd maybe give something. But any spare cash I'd probably throw Project Umbrella's direction.
                          Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM.
                          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Ok so up until now it would make an average of 3'929 bucks. Something like 140$ per head.

But it would be wise to remove the "1001-2500" part, so it'd make an average of 3429, thus 122 per person.

It's not representative of anything since I just took an average, but combined with people outside of this community I think it would be realistic to say that we can reach 4 to 5'000 bucks. It'd probably all depends on the advertising.

Comment

Why this poll? There is a contact for the game and the seller want to know if it's profitable to sell it?

Anyway, I can go up to 25$, not because is not important, but because I've never gone that far for an ESD game.

Comment

Just harvesting data. So no need to get any hopes up.

Just need a new rough estimate of the community's pulling power, should we be in a situation where something legitimate is in dire of need of donators to become reality. (Not that we'd actually turn to the community first, since some of us are quite ... economically capable, when it comes to certain things.)

Comment

Working...
                                X