• Show
Clear All

• Leon From RE2 compared with his beta model

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leon_Compared.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	406103

Of course the RE2 model has more detail, but the RE 1.5 isn't to far off from the final, and has bulkier pants the way it is supposed to be (based on the rough sketches)..
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-03-2012, 03:11 AM. Reason: added parentheses
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

The rough sketches aren't indicative of the way he is meant to look though.

His beta model looks like ass. Final is better by a long shot.
    Last edited by News Bot; 08-03-2012, 08:12 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

They made good choices on what they changed for the final model. The only thing I've never really liked are his shoes though, but that's just personal preference. They just look weird to me. But I like his brown shoes in his alternate outfit with the jeans.

Comment

To make a proper comparison you have to take a snapshot from a PSX emulator, RE2 Leon is taken from Maya

Comment

This seems to be the general change made to these comparison models between 1.5 and 2:

-drop shoulders
          -lengthen arms
          -make slightly skinnier
          -up contrast and darkness on textures by a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
            To make a proper comparison you have to take a snapshot from a PSX emulator, RE2 Leon is taken from Maya
            On a PSX emulator the 3d objects will be rendered at least 4x the original PSX resolution, I don't see the point.
            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff
              On a PSX emulator the 3d objects will be rendered at least 4x the original PSX resolution, I don't see the point.
              Maya can go even further as it will apply it's "default light system", the textures, where legs connects to the main body seems glitch too, so, you think that the 1.5 Leon screenshot is taken from a PSX devkit?

Comment

Well, The image of the beta is from an image, on the other thread, with Leon final from RE2, and you can see all the shadows. But the beta model has no shadows. So, since he didn't have shadows, you can make a good comparison. The only thing is his face is distorted. But you can see everything else clearly.

Comment

No light applied=light system locked off entirely. I'm not sure if the same applies for OpenGL as well, but on DirectX you'd want no lights active when working on a simple test application, so it's perfectly normal for a program that definitively looks like a WIP.

As for the differences among the two models, they appear the same to me. There are minor vertex tweaks here and there, like the slightly different geometry for Leon's face and hairstyle, and the texture is a lot more refined and detailed. Still, I bet they didn't redo RE2 Leon's model but only improved upon the original design.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                    Well, The image of the beta is from an image, on the other thread, with Leon final from RE2, and you can see all the shadows. But the beta model has no shadows. So, since he didn't have shadows, you can make a good comparison. The only thing is his face is distorted. But you can see everything else clearly.
                    It was only to make the confrontation more realistic, not because the differences were not visible, and as I said and you too, the Maya Leon presents few visualization problems.

Comment

I just looked at Biohazard 2 trial Leon model, and his face texture is different and he has no, what do you call it, from his belt.

Name:	Leon_Compared2.jpg
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	401498
                      Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-04-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I forgot to mention, Ada's face texture is different, and her nose is longer and pointed lower, and her watch is red too! This model is also from the BH2 trial disc PSX

Name:	Ada_Compared.jpg
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	401499
                        Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-04-2012, 12:32 AM. Reason: delete word

Comment

I just looked at Biohazard 2 trial Leon model, and his face texture is different and he has no, what do you call it, from his belt.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6960[/ATTACH]
                          They are not different.
                          One is used before you get a minipack and another after it.

Comment

The model on the BH2 trial disc does not have the mini pack.

Comment

The model on the BH2 trial disc does not have the mini pack.
                              Because the trial doesn't allow you to get it. That's why.

Comment

Working...
                              X