No announcement yet.

How many builds were there for RE 3.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many builds were there for RE 3.5?

I am wondering if these video clips are from a beta of Resident Evil 4 (3.5) I think these are from the Resident Evil Rebirth disc.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RE3.5_Clips.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	406105
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

From 2 to 5.
    The ones that I know are:

Build 1 = Transformed into Devil May Cry
    Build 2 = Build of the ghosts
    Build 3 = Final

Maybe there's others.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Those backgrounds were not made for BH4. Since BH4 was always full-3D, it wouldn't have used them. At best, they are pre-renderings of the 3D BH4 backgrounds. They were made to show the capabilities of CAPCOM's new animated FMV backgrounds seen in REmake and to greater extent in BH0.

The situation with BH4 is tricky as it is four separate games and varying levels of completion between them.

1) BIOHAZARD 3 (HUNK)
      2) BIOHAZARD 4 (Devil May Cry)
      3) biohazard 4 (Hallucination)
      4) biohazard 4

One version featured Zombies, but it is unknown whether this was a new version after Hallucination or whether it is the same version with the mere addition of Zombies.
      Last edited by News Bot; 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

all those images are from RE1 i guess.

i remember the old RE japanese website when there was many odd videos to download. these ones many people guess its for testing the GC hardware.

i downloaded the jill kicking, the chris laser gun, and the water testing, and i watched all these.

well, we are talking about RE1.5 a long time ago, lets talk about RE3.5 XD

actually i think all the 3.5 builds we saw on video are the same. leon infected and airship, the scenarios are named in Re4 trial disc in the debug menu . shame they scrapped with 50%. 50%- we dont know more than 4 enemies(hook dude, doll, armor, uroboros)... SHAME CAPCOM...
        Last edited by yurieu; 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Those images/videos come from the Biohazard Gamecube website from 2001/2002 indeed.

News Bot has basically covered what they are otherwise, that the intent was more about showcasing the animated pre-renderings level of detail. The 4th one on fire looks somewhat like the hallway from inside the castle shown in the "Possessed" trailer (mostly the iron bars with stone and the lamp hanging from the roof) but doesn't mean that was, as he also said, specifically from the game.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE3.5_Clips.jpg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	401503

anyway, there is a strange relationship between those renders. the RE4 production was a truly mistery.
            Last edited by yurieu; 08-04-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

You also have the Biohazard 4 trial disc which contains a lot of beta content. Not quite related to 3.5 of course but part of the development timeline.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

actually, we have the infrared vision in trial, i just remember this now:

in RE4, when you use the infrared scope, if u press X (i dont remember which one button on GC), the infrared become black and white?

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                  actually, we have the infrared vision in trial, i just remember this now:

in RE4, when you use the infrared scope, if u press X (i dont remember which one button on GC), the infrared become black and white?
                  To the best of my memory the scope was black and white and the parasites showed up a pinkish green. Could be mistaken.

Edit: Just checked YouTube and I'm COMPLETELY wrong about that!
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

it was a normal infrared scope, like the predator movie, like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	Twiplagasthermal.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	401504

but in my old gamecube version, if u press X, it changes color completely, to black e white tint.

i've gathered all 3.5 stuff i found (many i found here) in mediafire:

Last edited by yurieu; 08-05-2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                      During the creation of Rebirth, Capcom presented these videos on their Japanese official website as "technical demos and nothing else", so these backgrounds weren't expected to be found in the game. They were just made to display Capcom's ability to display weather [moving] elements on static backgrounds, a technic they refined for Ø.
                      At least, that was the official explanation.
                      Originally posted by JakeMuller View Post
                      The backgrounds mentioned in the first post were put up for download as videos (since the backgrounds themselves were meant to showcase pre-rendered animated backgrounds). The video is just all of them combined.

Source: Official BioHazard "Rebirth" Site (2001)

Comment

I have been on this site before, and I think I got all the videos from it too. But, I noticed the videos clips look like RE4. That is why I thought maybe they are from RE3.5. I wish there was a section on this site that had all Japanese text from Videos, games, images, magazines, translated for us. I would love to see more of the hook man video, but there is only one with the possessed dolls. I mean a full walkthrough of one area like that video.
                        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          it was a normal infrared scope, like the predator movie, like this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6967[/ATTACH]

but in my old gamecube version, if u press X, it changes color completely, to black e white tint.
                          .... I must try this.
                          Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 08-05-2012, 07:10 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

How many builds were there for RE 3.5? It's a bit silly question, they might have infinite "builds", everytime they press "Compile" on their IDE it is a new build. Which is a lot of times. The "3.5, Hookman version, etc." are just fan denominations, not official ones.
                            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

^ Pretty much. Some of the gigs I've done, we literally compiled new builds up to 5 times a work day when we were in crunch. (And on some projects we just did our parts while the compiled code ran live. Then we uploaded the updated assets to the resource pool to be included whenever new discs were mastered.)

Comment

Working...
                              X