How many builds were there for RE 3.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
    How many builds were there for RE 3.5? It's a bit silly question, they might have infinite "builds", everytime they press "Compile" on their IDE it is a new build. Which is a lot of times. The "3.5, Hookman version, etc." are just fan denominations, not official ones.
    I am talking about the ones the were released, either from magazines, or videos, or public demonstrations. For example, Re1.5 has a couple of builds that Alzaire has pointed out, that are from magazines etc.
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-06-2012, 02:20 AM.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Then none. Only RE4 had any releases. For magazines and such the pictures were press release vidoes and images, I believe.

Comment

/THREAD.

Comment

It's what makes the chances of finding a version of 3.5 (any version) so unlikely. They never seemed to have left Capcom's hands. The closest would be the Hookman/Fog version they showed being played at a gameshow, but even that was played by staff. Which sucks, I'd love to see more 3.5 stuff.

Comment

I guess we all do, that's the game I'm the most curious about. But we'll probably never know more than what we already do, which is a shame. RE4 is so bland and unimaginative in comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6966[/ATTACH]

anyway, there is a strange relationship between those renders. the RE4 production was a truly mistery.
              GREAT FIND!!!

1.5 looks like dog shit compared to 3.5. that's the real resident evil holy grail!!!

Comment

Try to compare what's comparable. We barely know anything about 3.5, we just know they wanted to change the formula, and apparently innovate. Sadly it was canned to release something action-oriented...

RE1.5 is a pure old school Resident Evil, and is more like a kid's dream for most of us old Resident Evil fans. I said it multiple times, but it's a game we were hysterical about back in 1997, and never got to play it. I don't doubt one second that the game is inferior to RE2, but playing it would throw us back in 1997. It was really an exciting time for most of us, and this game fills me with nostalgia. People who are new to the series can't really understand how it feels, and I am totally fine with that.

For many of us, 1.5 is not just a game, it's a little part of our childhood we still have to access and visit. It's a bit hard to explain, but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                  GREAT FIND!!!

1.5 looks like dog shit compared to 3.5. that's the real resident evil holy grail!!!
                  When a game that doesn't even reached a pre alpha build, without a story and with few playable rooms is more important than a game almost finished and who is searched by people for 15 years?

Also, I think that the picture shown it's from BioHazard 4 beta, not 3.5.
                  Last edited by SonicBlue; 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is my favorite in the series, so an early version of that interests ME more than an early version of Resident Evil 2.

Comment

well, we cant say which one is the holy grail, since we all have different stories, like me, who start the game in 98, with the retail RE2 i randomly took on a rental video store.

but Re3.5 is the RE4 i was waiting. and it was a perfect game. just now in the gameplay video, i just saw in the doll room those curtains swing when the character passes close to them just like the actual engines.

dont forget to check the little compilation ive made, i could not to put videos, since i dont have the secret DVD.

and i must remember you, the beta wired leon in the re4 making of, it was in the place where all those zealots were joined, and when u run to them, they run away.

i think Re4 tried to keep the beta leon, but he couldnt fit the action and the slow body movements.
                      Last edited by yurieu; 08-07-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                        Try to compare what's comparable. We barely know anything about 3.5, we just know they wanted to change the formula, and apparently innovate. Sadly it was canned to release something action-oriented...

RE1.5 is a pure old school Resident Evil, and is more like a kid's dream for most of us old Resident Evil fans. I said it multiple times, but it's a game we were hysterical about back in 1997, and never got to play it. I don't doubt one second that the game is inferior to RE2, but playing it would throw us back in 1997. It was really an exciting time for most of us, and this game fills me with nostalgia. People who are new to the series can't really understand how it feels, and I am totally fine with that.

For many of us, 1.5 is not just a game, it's a little part of our childhood we still have to access and visit. It's a bit hard to explain, but that's how I feel.
                        Re 1.5 is an RE game, it wasn't meant for kids to begin with! I hate this term "Old School". To me it makes something seem worthless when in reality it isn't. I Wouldn't compare RE 1.5 to RE 3.5 anyway. I would like to have played both, even if it was unfinished. I played the RE1 beta 1 that someone released. It was interesting to see the differences with the final game. Even if a game is old, People that are fans don't care. It would still be NEW since we never played it before.

And yurieu that is GREAT! I wish there were more files.
                        Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                          Re 1.5 is an RE game, it wasn't meant for kids to begin with! I hate this term "Old School". To me it makes something seem worthless when in reality it isn't.
                          ...what?

Comment

I know it means something that is old, but every time I hear or read the term "old school" it usually means to dismiss something as unimportant or irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6966[/ATTACH]

anyway, there is a strange relationship between those renders. the RE4 production was a truly mistery.
                              BH Rebirth "WIP backgrounds 2001" VS BH4 (Beta Build 2 / 2002 "Progenitor Virus")

(Click to see the full size!):
                              __

BH4 Map (Beta Build 3 / 2003 "Illusions / Hookman" ) By Greko:
                              Last edited by Biohazard 1995; 08-10-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I thought there was similarities with those image and RE 3.5. I remember Alzaire giving me that image with that map. I think it had a women with a santa hat.

I was just wondering, the hook man video, is there a english translation for the japanese text? I searched but nothing.
                                Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-07-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X