No announcement yet.

Worst song in the Resident Evil series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst song in the Resident Evil series?

As much as I love the re-mastered soundtrack...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

WHAT IS THIS?

In response to the first comment I made this too! http://i.imgur.com/4YBNV.png

>_> <_<
    Last edited by Chris' Boob; 08-06-2012, 12:38 AM.
    sigpic

All the remaked songs from RE1's DualShock edition.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I like some of those <_< The dual shock songs are the same as the director's cuts, right? Some are really bad though lol. like the basement
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
        I like some of those <_< The dual shock songs are the same as the director's cuts, right? Some are really bad though lol. like the basement
        No, Director's Cut have the original soundtrack.
        Only the DualShock edition have a different soundtrack.

I've found very stupid to remake great sounds. Big part of them look like they came from the old SNES Final Fantasy games.

Comment

No I think you're wrong on that one. Director's Cut has the re-arranged soundtrack too. I just speed ran it earlier this week (1 hour, 12 minutes, 55 seconds). It played this same basement theme, and the creepier flooded corridor theme...

I dunno, I think it's hit or miss. I like some of the newer tracks while some are just...what the hell happened. Was there any reason why Capcom re-did it? I never looked into that.
          Last edited by Chris' Boob; 08-06-2012, 12:56 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

No I think you're wrong on that one. Director's Cut has the re-arranged soundtrack too. I just speed ran it earlier this week (1 hour, 12 minutes, 55 seconds). It played this same basement theme, and the creepier flooded corridor theme...

I dunno, I think it's hit or miss. I like some of the newer tracks while some are just...what the hell happened. Was there any reason why Capcom re-did it? I never looked into that.
            No, I have the very original first version, the normal version, the director's cut version and the director's cut + dualshock version.

The first one's difference is that they have "Yumede Owarasenai" and "Icy Gaze" instead of "Still Dawn" and "Terror".
            The second one is the soundtrack we all know and grown with.
            The Director's Cut the same thing.
            And the DC + DS has the whole soundtrack remaked.

And yes, big part of them look like they came from Super Nintendo RPG games, just look at this:
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It looks like I'm playing Zelda.

Comment

I love REDCDS's soundtrack. I find it to be more eerie and ominous than the original soundtrack. I still prefer the original soundtrack, but DCDS has this odd sound to it, almost quirky. It works well with the game.

Chris' Boob, REDC had the original soundtrack. Only the Dual Shock version had the remixed audio in it. I wish it played the remixed audio in Arrange mode, but the normal scare should play in the Beginner and Original modes. Too bad though..

Worst song? Gunshot from Gun Survivor 4: BIOHAZARD - Hero's Never Die. It's a good song but does not fit the game at all. It's weird to hear hip-hop in a Resident Evil game to me.
              Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-06-2012, 01:07 AM.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Ahhh. I guess I have the Director's Cut + Dual Shock version. That would explain it. I never really noticed that. Heh. Good to know.

I see, there's the Director's Cut version with Chris (Richard? Can't tell if Newsbot was joking that one time) on it. I have the Dual Shock with the zombie...

I guess now that I know my mistake I have to refer to DS for the edited soundtrack lol.
                Last edited by Chris' Boob; 08-06-2012, 01:11 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

As much as I love the re-mastered soundtrack...

WHAT IS THIS?

In response to the first comment I made this too! http://i.imgur.com/4YBNV.png

>_> <_<

Bloody hell nearly had coffee squirting out of my nose hearing this xD and this has made my morning so thanks dude

Comment

Haha, I read the topic title and immediately thought of the track Chris' Boob posted even before opening the topic!

But, to be fair, I'll list some tracks I don't like from games that have otherwise excellent soundtracks. I've excluded little filler tracks that are found in all the games that play during the cutscenes and stuff, as this is reserved more for the complete tracks.

- RE2's Credit Line of Whole Staff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zlXQdc4X8

I know this is considered a classic track in the series, but it's far too goofy for the end of the game if you ask me. I love rock and metal, but this track just never fit.

- File #1's Happy Hour Jam Session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9geqbecRuYQ

Same reasons as above, except that this track actually does fit at the point in the game which it's played, so it's not as bad. Still, too generic for my tastes.

- RE2's Sherry's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoB43fVsbcE

Just don't like it; too happy.

Other than those, a lot of the music from Umbrella Chronicles and the extra modes in RE5 were too techno-sounding for me; I guess I generally prefer the more orchestral-sounding stuff in games.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

worse song in RE i think its the RE4 merchant safe point and the typewriter. these songs make me feel stupid. im a fool, but not stupid.

Comment

RE Gaiden's soundtrack is... well, crappy at best. Worst RE songs by far. And it has nothing to do with the 8 bit synth.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

@yurieu - Lol. Those are some of the most relaxing tracks in the series to me.

@Beanovsky - Ha, I assumed Gaiden's soundtrack wasn't eligible for this, as it would win by default.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Gaiden's OST is good, hell I even made this a while back:

Here is the best theme from RE: Gaiden, in which I looped for 11 orgasmic minutes.

SO GOOD
                            Last edited by Chris' Boob; 08-06-2012, 07:26 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

i must have a big brain damage, actually i love to hear gaiden and RE1 GBC for hours...

Comment

Working...
                              X