Longbox Resident Evil Propaganda Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longbox Resident Evil Propaganda Folder

Hi, in the longbox version of Resident Evil for the PSX there is a folder with upcoming Capcom games, and with Resident Evil. Does anyone have a scan of the boxart of Resident Evil featured in the folder, since it's very different from what we got in retail RE?
    Hail the heros of the revolution!

Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Yeah that's what I cropped from the scan:

Very different from retail:

Is there a more detailed scan?
      Last edited by Aleff; 08-14-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

talking about this scans, i must say this is a weird gun; i think this scared dude is Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          talking about this scans, i must say this is a weird gun; i think this scared dude is Chris.
          It's Richard Aiken. Marvel released a prologue comic featuring him for the game's U.S. release, and being complete dickheads back then as they are now, CAPCOM USA marketing thought it would be awesome to use the cover of the comic for the game.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            It's Richard Aiken. Marvel released a prologue comic featuring him for the game's U.S. release, and being complete dickheads back then as they are now, CAPCOM USA marketing thought it would be awesome to use the cover of the comic for the game.
            Was this one the comic's cover? Where do I find more info on it?

EDIT: I found it, so where this early cover art came from anyway? Was it going to be used to be the real game cover art or not? And I'm still waiting for the high-res scan

Last edited by Aleff; 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I swear the guy on the "beta" cover looks just like Stallone in Judge Dredd !

Maybe that would explain the weird gun ?
              Last edited by Sly; 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                that dude is richard?
                seeing now, its weird due to new graphics, richard is too different; but in the old age, everything was just some big polygons, we barely can say jill is jill ehhe. anyway, so, marvel made a RE promo comic? this cover is cool, the tarantulas and the scared dude is awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                  What is this abomination and can someone please provide a higher res scan up, please?
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

One part of that strange weapon is an M16A1, you can spot it's typical forward assist, we are in front of a "Photoshop monster" creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      I swear the guy on the "beta" cover looks just like Stallone in Judge Dredd !

Maybe that would explain the weird gun ?
                      It reminded me of Stallone too, and I never watched Jugde Dredd for that matter. For some reason the movie Demolition Man was the first one that appeared on my mind haha.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                        One part of that strange weapon is an M16A1, you can spot it's typical forward assist, we are in front of a "Photoshop monster" creation.
                        I've read that the guy in the cover is a mixture of at least two guys (hence the deformed face) and two weapons (a pump action shotgun and that M16)... maybe the pre-release cover art is the Sly impersonator's picture "untreated"?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                          I've always called it a "Mashotgun".
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Hi, in the longbox version of Resident Evil for the PSX there is a folder with upcoming Capcom games, and with Resident Evil. Does anyone have a scan of the boxart of Resident Evil featured in the folder, since it's very different from what we got in retail RE?
                            I found it, so where this early cover art came from anyway? Was it going to be used to be the real game cover art or not? And I'm still waiting for the high-res scan
                            Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                            What is this abomination and can someone please provide a higher res scan up, please?
                            Hope this size is good enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil Promo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	975.6 KB
ID:	401519

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil Promo 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	704.4 KB
ID:	401520
                            Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                              Hope this size is good enough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6983[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6984[/ATTACH]
                              That's what I'm talking about! THANKS!

And it really looks like Stallone on Judge Dredd:

EDIT: Thinking a little bit, I'm now 100% sure that the picture came from Judge Dredd, look at the bulkiness of the character's weapon on the Resi cover and look on the movie screenie... it's just the same scene on another angle.
                              Last edited by Aleff; 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X