Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for help... Importing Europe's sexy RE6 special edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for help... Importing Europe's sexy RE6 special edition.

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking of importing the European SE of RE6, since the only one I could get in Mexico is the Anthology/Archives edition... Which serves no purpose to me as I've already have all the games in physical format and RE4/CVX HD on the Xbox...

So I've been looking if I can import a European PS3 version of the game, I know that the PS3 has no region lock, but I'm worried about DLC... Do you guys know if RE5 & ORC's DLC on the PS3 had region differences/locks? Is it possible to buy the content using an european account on a NTSC PS3?

So far I've considered these two options as they can send the item to Mexico... Is there another retailer that you would recommend?

Game.co.uk & Gamestation

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-15-2012, 12:48 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

If you get the UK version of the CE then to use DLC with it you'll need make a UK account and buy all the DLC on that.

DLC is region locked to the same region the disc is published in, you need an account from the same region.

Once the DLC is installed however, you can play it using whatever PSN account you like, it is just where you buy it/download it from that matters.

edit: You may want to double check those websites and e-mail them asking, I remember a friend telling me they would not ship him (outside UK) something over a certain weight, 1 Kg I think it was. Best enquire the RE6 CE weight with them and if they will deliver.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 08-15-2012, 01:48 AM.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm also curious about this. Even though i'm pre-ordering the regular copy of RE6, I'm also going to have to import the collector's edition as well for all the extra content. I laugh at the anthology bullshit, what a slap in the face to the fans who've been around forever. What's that? A receipt with codes is our "special edition"? We've already bought all your games asshole! Hopefully this crap doesn't happen again after they realize how much extra cash they missed out on.
      Last edited by REmaster; 08-15-2012, 01:49 AM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I could have gotten extras here and shipped them to people at cost but they have now sold out. Amazing seeing as they were going at NZD $350 a pop. Sorry.

Comment

SHOP.TO . Just don't use your credit card, just a paypal account since there are various reports of stolen credit cards because of the poor security of their site. But go with paypal and you're good to go
          Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Yeah it's about finding somewhere that will ship it. I live in Ireland, ordered from
            game.co.uk but they cancelled my order saying they wouldn't ship outside UK. Still searching...

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
              SHOP.TO .
              Who do not stock it, since it is GAME/Station exclusive. If it breaks the weight limit going to need order one from somewhere not the UK.
              Last edited by Dracarys; 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your replies!

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                If you get the UK version of the CE then to use DLC with it you'll need make a UK account and buy all the DLC on that.

DLC is region locked to the same region the disc is published in, you need an account from the same region.

Once the DLC is installed however, you can play it using whatever PSN account you like, it is just where you buy it/download it from that matters.

edit: You may want to double check those websites and e-mail them asking, I remember a friend telling me they would not ship him (outside UK) something over a certain weight, 1 Kg I think it was. Best enquire the RE6 CE weight with them and if they will deliver.
                So DLC is region locked but can be bought and played, so that's one less thing to worry about. About shipping, I did read about the weight limit but I didn't think that the whole package could weight more than a kilo... Will send that email asking though, better safe than sorry. Thanks!

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                I'm also curious about this. Even though i'm pre-ordering the regular copy of RE6, I'm also going to have to import the collector's edition as well for all the extra content. I laugh at the anthology bullshit, what a slap in the face to the fans who've been around forever. What's that? A receipt with codes is our "special edition"? We've already bought all your games asshole! Hopefully this crap doesn't happen again after they realize how much extra cash they missed out on.
                Agreed... I can't see the logic in that. At least they could give us the steelbook edition. Crazy Capcom...

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                I could have gotten extras here and shipped them to people at cost but they have now sold out. Amazing seeing as they were going at NZD $350 a pop. Sorry.
                Thanks Rombie... Though I'm not surprised they're sold out. That SE is way sexy.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

For £130, you sure do get some crap in that collectors edition.

I'm only getting the steel book edition myself, and then that's only because it's a few quid more than the bog-standard.
                  Last edited by Vixtro; 08-15-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                    For £130, you sure do get some crap in that collectors edition.

I'm only getting the steel book edition myself, and then that's only because it's a few quid more than the bog-standard.
                    Still a better "crap" than this, LOL:

I'm thinking too of getting the steelbook edition... Seems less complicated and way less pricey than the Special Ed.

Comment

What the US gets is actually good value for money though, the CE is not.

Comment

I agree, the money is worth it when you put it into account what you get with the US special edition, the problem with our collection is the price is a abysmal for shit.

Comment

Well in that I agree. The value for what you get is good... I'm still not fond of digital goods though. Anthologies/Archives are not bad deals.

Special Editions are always overpriced IMO... The more I think of it, getting the Steelbook only seems the way to go.

Comment

I can confirm that neither of the actual sites will ship internationally. Both of my orders have been cancelled due to the weight. Aside from ebay, I doubt you'll find them anywhere else. My best advice would be to ask someone trustworthy to place the order and ship it to you and pay for all of it.

And yes...the US LE's are utter shit. Most people already have the games, either hard copies or digital downloads. Even the Euro GameStop has a better deal than the North American versions.

different hoodie, bullet USB, and license plate
                            Last edited by Bertha; 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                              I can confirm that neither of the actual sites will ship internationally. Both of my orders have been cancelled due to the weight. Aside from ebay, I doubt you'll find them anywhere else. My best advice would be to ask someone trustworthy to place the order and ship it to you and pay for all of it.

And yes...the US LE's are utter shit. Most people already have the games, either hard copies or digital downloads. Even the Euro GameStop has a better deal than the North American versions.

different hoodie, bullet USB, and license plate
                              Thanks, I guess getting the SE for me is a no-no... Apart from the retailers not shipping, I found out the tax rate that I should pay to mexican customs and it's frightening LOL. So it's Standard Edition for now... Thanks everyone for your input!

Comment

Working...
                              X