[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
    We don't lack a host, we didn't fake anything.
    We can't just upload the room files in minutes like you say, not without pretty much handing out or whole ROOMCUT.BIN and other files that are not meant for public release and would spoil the game.
    So we have to round up and prepare some files and prune it all down to just a selected bunch of rooms, which have to be relinked etc.
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    Sorry guys if bother his drama, but can all you just stop and back on topic? Here is already a off-topic thread, not forget. Thanks.
    Kinda agree. People should take it to a new thread or something if they wanna moan about the Distant Memories stuff.

By the way, glad you at least came clean on how things REALLY were on your front.

Comment

just keep quite dude, you try hard but fail... So no one is interested in RE2 anymore? No? I guess no one is interested in the even older 1.5 then too? Yea? Yea? So all those guys talking about it here and in other places probably don't exist in reality? And math also isn't your strength eh? Distant Memories started back in 2011.. no idea how that makes it a 10 year old project.
      Excuse me, Euler, but you are comparing Resident Evil 1.5 with an half working RE2 Mod?

Oh, and now the data you're using to build the tools and stuff it's only from 2011? I heard many time the "it was already done", "it's possible from many years", "we have the documentation", and when someone make you aware of that it became irrelevant?

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        No, it was a question to a matter I didn't know.

Don't be so quick to jump on my dick, chap.
        Im not even gonna begin to say whats wrong with this post... lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
          Im not even gonna begin to say whats wrong with this post... lmao
          Yes, my penis appears to function as a magnet to other penises.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
            Excuse me, Euler, but you are comparing Resident Evil 1.5 with an half working RE2 Mod?

Oh, and now the data you're using to build the tools and stuff it's only from 2011? I heard many time the "it was already done", "it's possible from many years", "we have the documentation", and when someone make you aware of that it became irrelevant?
            You mean, i'm comparing a working, stable Retail Engine which RE-DM is based on, with a buggy incomplete 1.5 engine?
            No, you were the one talking about RE2 as being a ten year old game that no one even cares about anymore hahaha

And we did not start to derail anything, it was SonicBlue and Carnivol that actually started with that. It's ridiculous how any attempt of defending Martin, his work or spilling any word that could be taken offensive by some fanboys will always end up in a rant on my Team and RE-DM while there is no real connection between any of the things... I guess some guys just need the attention eh? Well thanks for that even bad PR is considered as PR
            Last edited by TheMortician; 05-28-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

You mean, i'm comparing a working, stable Retail Engine which RE-DM is based on, with a buggy incomplete 1.5 engine?
              No, you were the one talking about RE2 as being a ten year old game that no one even cares about anymore hahaha

And we did not start to derail anything, it was SonicBlue and Carnivol that actually started with that. It's ridiculous how any attempt of defending Martin, his work or spilling any word that could be taken offensive by some fanboys will always end up in a rant on my Team and RE-DM while there is no real connection between any of the things... I guess some guys just need the attention eh? Well thanks for that even bad PR is considered as PR
              No, I'm comparing a prototype with a retail game everyone already played, and as you are not able to make modifications to the engine it will be still Resident Evil 2.

Enjoy your stability, which doesn't add anything already seen, while others are implementing new features.

Comment

• let result and evidence do talk. at least martin have deliver on his capability
                i think challenge of technical hurdle is part of fun. if not? maybe is only boring work with other mans tool and manual.

Comment

Patches? Those are implementation of original data, he make people believe he's patching something when in reality he's only putting data made by other people (CAPCOM) inside the game.

That's pathetic, and more pathetic it's your comment about how him being honest to you, what's the correlation between that and releasing fake patches?
                  Just want to clarify something, you speak as if all the work I have done I was thanks to vanilla data, that is false.

Only in my last patch I used some vanilla data, I'll make a list for you to get happy:

Animation data:
                  -Was used to fix cutscenes from IRONS OFFICE, HELIPORT and SITE D. Also was used to fix the "shutter trap" in LOBBY CORRIDOR.

Effect data:
                  -Was used to fix some rooms stability in: SPIDER TUNNEL and CORRIDOR 2-A.
                  -To fix FIRE in 2 rooms (OUTDOOR B and F CORRIDOR 2-A).

The effects that let you use the magnum or shotgun with zombies are available in some rooms in the leak build, then anyone can take that data and use it in any other room (this can be confirmed by the team).

Comment

Pretty sure the post was about comparing features, not just stability. One engine being older and incomplete doesn't mean it has less features; 1.5 has theoretically more features than its retail counterpart, ironically making "port" projects pretty much as incomplete as a prototype can be due to all the differences in the mechanics. But back to the comparison, Sonic was more than likely pointing out how stability doesn't mean it's bound to be better and have more appealing contents, especially in a game where the engine is not data driven, but almost entirely based on code with the resources simply serving as a index of sorts.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                      only video from complete disc from japanese director's cut have speech.
                      look like zork just confirmed those voices were shooped into the footage, damn!! That sucks.

Comment

No, I'm comparing a prototype with a retail game everyone already played, and as you are not able to make modifications to the engine it will be still Resident Evil 2.

Enjoy your stability, which doesn't add anything already seen, while others are implementing new features.
                        So a total conversion mod, that uses from scratch different environments, custom masks, custom Player/enemy/weapon models, a different soundtrack, a different story.. still is vanilla RE2? No not really dude, you have begun that little battle of yours and you will soon look like as jealous little kid. We have quite some stuff to show, that will even piss you more of :* To remind you, the features RE 1-3 offered (gameplay wise) were little different to begin with.. So your point is just stupid dude.

And B.Zork, I agree yeah in the end actions done will prove things, however don't get what you mean by "other people's tools and manuals" you're wrong.
                        Everyone in the RE2 modding community knows there is neither a tool for editing masks nor is there a simple step-by-step guide hahaha. All the work done on REM was done with our own set of tools, that I've developed. I'm not saying all knowledge necessary for that was gathered by my research alone, nope. Others here always claim that this is the case though, they act like they used not a single bit of public documentation..

It has a reason why there has been no RE2 mods before that showed custom masks in use... and DM was the first to do so, i can understand why guys get jealous about it and come up with those ridiculous claims, really hahaha

@Gemini

no one ever said that ports are the real thing. We did that to prove it can be done.. It was to show data can be ported.. I can't remember anyone claiming "yeah we totall remake 1.5 on retail engine"..
                        And about that 1.5 features.. Sonic talked about no one being interested at all in seeing a RE2 mod nor playing RE2 after all those years, which clearly is bullshit and if you follow his argumentation line, 1.5 would be even older and therefore even less interesting... and another problem is.. I did not rate any of those two mentioned titles... That is just again bullshit.
                        Last edited by TheMortician; 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          look like zork just confirmed those voices were shooped into the footage, damn!! That sucks.
                          So maybe no one RE1.5 build have voices?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                            So maybe no one RE1.5 build have voices?
                            yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                              yes
                              That's actually a disappointment.

Comment

• Well, we still have the team and our voices. It's up to them if they wanna try and do VOs with the community.

Comment

Working...
                                X