[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
    no one ever said that ports are the real thing. We did that to prove it can be done.. It was to show data can be ported.. I can't remember anyone claiming "yeah we totall remake 1.5 on retail engine"..
    That was just an analogy to vehicle the idea of older engine features not necessarily translating to a newer and more complete title of the same series. You can port most data just fine, but that's all. The core features still retain quite a lot of differences, due to the code doing all the job of recreating mechanics and not the data. For example: you could port 1.5 zombie models to retail, yet they'd only gain new visuals but not the true behaviour due to AI acting in an almost different manner (and in RE2's case, more limited in actions).

And about that 1.5 features.. Sonic talked about no one being interested at all in seeing a RE2 mod nor playing RE2 after all those years, which clearly is bullshit and if you follow his argumentation line, 1.5 would be even older and therefore even less interesting...
    Or he just meant nobody (well, let's make it a 'limited public') would be interesting in playing a game over 10 years old because it offers no real new features? Again, core vs data.
    Last edited by Gemini; 05-28-2013, 10:59 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• That really does suck. I *really* wish alyson court was more of a "Fan Centered" person. I know a few actors/actresses who actually do things for fans without question, one being one of my favoriet voice actresses of all time, Alison Viktorin, who voiced conan on Case Closed.
      I talk to her alot of youtube, shes awesome. She also does fan projects. If only alyson court was like this, we could convince her to voice elza. Shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
        So a total conversion mod, that uses from scratch different environments, custom masks, custom Player/enemy/weapon models, a different soundtrack, a different story.. still is vanilla RE2? No not really dude, you have begun that little battle of yours and you will soon look like as jealous little kid. We have quite some stuff to show, that will even piss you more of :* To remind you, the features RE 1-3 offered (gameplay wise) were little different to begin with.. So your point is just stupid dude.
        I can't contain my jealousy, really, of what I'm supposed to be jealous about?

It has a reason why there has been no RE2 mods before that showed custom masks in use... and DM was the first to do so, i can understand why guys get jealous about it and come up with those ridiculous claims, really hahaha
        Yep, the first mod to present fake photoshopped masks on it, people must be quite jealous, like 1px expanded to double its dimension creates pixels with the dimensions of 2 and only in the critic borders, with the dimension of 1.

You are declaring "victory" by implementing some basic stuff that was meant to be part of the game from the beginning, when you'll implement new stuff, next year?

Comment

• fake masks?

at least gemini puts up arguments worth reading and valid points.

edit: wait, i thought this was the distant memories thread. why is this even being discussed here?
          Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-28-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
            fake masks?

at least gemini puts up arguments worth reading and valid points.

edit: wait, i thought this was the distant memories thread. why is this even being discussed here?
            Because people started attacking DB, then somehow this turned into talking about distant memories being fake or something.

Comment

• Can see this crap still hasn't changed one bit...
              Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Another perspective. May be useless, but I'll give it. I know it's not the same as working with the actual game engine, but I experimented a bit with "masks" (simple overlays) in making some of my RE15 videos. Adding the door to the cell where Elza finds John, adding a mask to the 2F Main Hall where Leon encounters the sitting zombie, and a couple of other places. You can see I've used a mask whenever the video fades to black. It was a pain in the royal ass! That's why I eventually quit trying to mess with them. Anybody who can do it, and do it right has my respect - number of border pixels nothwithstanding.
                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• bug report: L tunnel has one too many zombies, slowdown, once i kill one its back to normal. On elza game, cant speak for leon game

Comment

• I noticed as that you're making more modifications to the build, some things get fixed but other things get broken. Would it be possible to do two patches, one for Leon and one for Elza? That way you know what character to pick and how to expect the game to behave when playing. That's not really a demand or request, I'm just more curious if that's in the realms of your posabilities as it would be a nice way to stabilise the build for specific characters as opposed to some rooms being broken because its catered to the other.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Ive noticed a bug as well, or at very least, something you changed that you should not of ( ):
                      When playing as leon, when in the RPD, because you changed the music, it is always the same song. The RPD hall is supposed to be "Sound of prototype" not the lab song.

Comment

• Some suggestions for a future patch or update ....

1) Connect the door at the end of LTUNNEL2 that you currently have disabled to the door on the high ledge of the Spider Tunnel. I know the player won't be able to get back out until the crate push is fixed, but even so ... Either that, or connect the Spider Tunnel directly to the ladder in LTUNNEL where LTUNNEL2 is connected now? The player should still be able to get to Factory Site A by means of the double doors to the Central Hub in the normal LTUNNEL.

2) Duplicate the East Stairwell (copy the RDT) as a "kludged" replacement for the missing West Stairwell. The wall signs would have to be changed, of course - but that way we'd have both stairwells in "working" form for gameplay.

3) Enable the Elza/John crate push cutscene in the Service Bay in her game. I know it's there; I've seen the dialogue embedded in the game data.
                        Last edited by RMandel; 05-30-2013, 07:52 AM.
                        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• A question to Dark Biohazard, It's a thing about I was thinking. When the Team release the Trial edition, you could use all those data to fix the MZD build?
                          Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                            A question to Dark Biohazard, It's a thing about I was thinking. When the Team release the Trial edition, you could use all those data to fix the MZD build?
                            Um wouldnt that be pointless?
                            The teams new version would be newer than the current build.

Comment

• The Team's trial edition release will be just a demo. Probably only will have a very short part of the game (RPD). I think will be interesting have all the new features with all the content of the beta. And you can't say have all those things with the debug menu is pointless.
                              Last edited by The_Wes; 05-30-2013, 10:01 AM.
                              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                                Um wouldnt that be pointless?
                                The teams new version would be newer than the current build.
                                Well, the trial edition they will be releasing will only include a small portion of the game. I guess some people still want to mess around with the MZD build, albeit a more stable version of it (using the team's fixes).

EDIT: Beaten by Wes. ^ In any case, DB could always include the missing lab and factory rooms. That, plus stability fixes, will give the MZD build some much needed last bit of life before everyone gets sick and tired of playing it.
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 05-30-2013, 10:05 AM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X