No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I having some of the same problems RaccoonSurvivor is having - but only when I combine DB's latest patch with Mikhail's last extra character patch. For example, when I apply both, I can't get into the Spider Tunnel at all. Both patches by themselves seem to work fine. Something's getting overwritten somewhere.

Nice Air Jesus in the Medical Room, BTW. Welcome to the "real world" of beta testing, folks - or as close as many of you will get.
    Last edited by RMandel; 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM.
    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Probably overwrote the same area like you said.

Marvin
      PL03.PLD
      188344 bytes
      47455 - LBA

Ada
      PL07.PLD
      151892 bytes
      47551 LBA

Cheif Iron's
      PL08.PLD
      188344 bytes
      47626 LBA

Roy
      PL09.PLD
      188344 bytes
      47722 LBA

Annette
      PL0A.PLD
      189268 bytes
      47818 LBA

John adjusted
      PL0E.PLD
      151868 bytes
      47911 LBA

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
        New patch is making some problems with certain rooms.

I got into the beta sewers fine. However, some rooms in the lab will freeze to black after it plays the door closing sound.
        This also happened via debug menu aswell - making the lab mainly unplayable.

It happened when I tried to enter the lift next to the security room (same area that's in RE2)
        Thanks for report it, I'll check that. ;)

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
        I having some of the same problems RaccoonSurvivor is having - but only when I combine DB's latest patch with Mikhail's last extra character patch. For example, when I apply both, I can't get into the Spider Tunnel at all. Both patches by themselves seem to work fine. Something's getting overwritten somewhere.
        You can't combine patchs RMandel, you should always apply the patch over the original/clean BH2.bin, never on a BH2.bin already patched, because that will obviously cause bugs. ;)
        Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• i was hoping for the final shotgun sound, curse of a thousand suns!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            i was hoping for the final shotgun sound, curse of a thousand suns!
            Final Remington shotgun sounds is the same to 1.5, maybe you mean to the missing re-charge sound after shoot? I try to fix it, using the retail sound data, but not changes, keep the same problem...

Maybe that is because a problem in the EXE.

Comment

• yeah theres no pump sound, its a coding problem maybe? Wow I didn't think that was possible. lol

Comment

• Is there a way to merge the reload sound and the shotgun sound together in one sound file and make the 1.5 game play that sound so it 'fakes' the pump action noisep laying by cleverly making only one sound play?

if that makes sense?
                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• That's 100% possible Aydan. I thought about doing this too. Splice in the pump sound and time it with the animation
                  sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• That's good to know. If I knew how to replace sounds I could do it myself, I do plenty of audio editing and so on. But I wasn't sure if there were limits like the sound must match the same file size as the original or not be longer etc.
                    4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Well that used to be an issue and in some instances it still is, but there are a few programs to edit the sound. PC wise for instance NovaExtractor is used to extract the audio files from the .SAP (used as a sound format, ARMS, CORE etc) in Biohazard 2 and then you can use a tool called SAPmake to repack the files.

As the 1.5 build is Playstation however I think the format is VB/VH like Biohazard 3. There are tools or at least research into the format that I know of but it can be done... Martin replaced the handgun sound for example.
                      sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Grace DB for your patch this is almost perfect the fault disappeared in 90% failure now tell you there;
                        in the hall where the machine is the Pepsi if look at the picture of the woman and presses a button freezes, in that same hallway whether I have the right door is frozen in the laboratory in the wide corridor if you dipara to the sombies freezes freezes are all there,
                        failure up to an object and is still not able to lose three of the game, the morgue, laboratory office and where the girl enters the habrir regilla to start.
                        failure are there, and how it will linger on to your patch I'll wait friend DB good job.

Comment

• PLW Animation
                          300ACAE8 00??

Thanks Leo2236

Comment

• Went with clean copy and your latest patch - same issues. My home connection is down, may be a while getting back to you.
                            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Checked the image and my patch overwrites the same place, with DB's patch I think there's some space left after sector 55971 for me to insert my patch as long as DB isn't using sectors 55971-56427 for anything, I'll wait for him to confirm it.
                              ECC/EDD is corrupt after DB's patch also, needs fixing with ECCRegen.

Comment

• I've just noticed something. In your patches you seem to have removed the object from Garage B. After playing with the raw MZD build I've came to realize that in picking up the object with Elza you actually pick up a pair of pliers, after which it triggers the cut scene with Sherry, something which does not happen in your patch. Is it possible for you to put the object back in the room?
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X