Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    What exactly did he disable all the checks are still their in little endian
    And...? lh/lhu and lw are supposed to read data in little endian order, that's how the r3000 works. When you represent a number there's no endianness, it's just a number, no matter the way it's stored.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

@Mikhail:

Wes67's 1.5 rebuilder also re-calculate checksums, but when I was testing it months ago, I noticed that this was not sufficient to mod some files like CDEMD0.EMS, CDEMD1.EMS and ITPS.ITP, so only way was to disable the checksums, otherwise the game just crash...
      Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 04-08-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

discsmasher always pops up with following, but it builds the disc.bin in background if I leave the wer open, in pSX & epsxe it crashes on ROOM200.

Event Type: Error
        Event Source: Application Error
        Event Category: None
        Event ID: 1000

Faulting application discsmasher.exe, version 0.0.0.2, faulting module discsmasher.exe, version 0.0.0.2,
        fault address: 0x00011323
        Code: 0xc0000005

Comment

Hey Mark, I just notice Disc Smasher don't update correctly some values in the table of the files of the 1.5 EXE, I discover this because I try to rebuild 1.5 with all my hacked files I have and the game crash in Character Select Screen. Obviously is not problem of checksums because they are deactivated.

I just want to report it, so you can fix it when you have the time.

Thanks for your atention.

Comment

It'll also include files which aren't listed in the filelist.txt, it doesn't restrict to the specified files it'll include all files within a folder, I noticed this when I had a .rar backup of some files in stage4 it included the .rar an messed up the following stage5 & 6 file positions. Dark Biohazard was it room302 onwards that had messed up positions?

Comment

Bio1.5 was a quick and dirty implementation I made last summer when I made this application... I'll look into it.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Can you also add support so it adds autocalculated filesize values rather than
                real filesizes, so we can reinsert slightly bigger files later with cdmage without having to rebuild the whole image again.

eg:
                STAGE1.BIN LBA - STAGE2.BIN LBA
                93-25=68
                68x2048=139264 STAGE1.BIN autocalculated filesize.
                137648 real STAGE1.BIN filesize.
                139264-137648=1616
                1616 bytes free on sector 103215.

Comment

Can you also add support so it adds autocalculated filesize values rather than
                  real filesizes, so we can reinsert slightly bigger files later with cdmage without having to rebuild the whole image again.

eg:
                  STAGE1.BIN LBA - STAGE2.BIN LBA
                  93-25=68
                  68x2048=139264 STAGE1.BIN autocalculated filesize.
                  137648 real STAGE1.BIN filesize.
                  139264-137648=1616
                  1616 bytes free on sector 103215.
                  If a file/size is changed, the ISO has to be rebuilt again. There's simply no way around it, it's just the way CAPCOM's fpos structure is read to work properly.

If I padded the values, it could cause data within RAM to be overwritten, and will likely crash the game on real hardware.

It's a nice idea, and I've thought of it before, myself... I'm sorry, but no cigar.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Dark Biohazard was it room302 onwards that had messed up positions?
                    I not know.

Comment

Working...
                    X