[RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

On September 14th 1998 Resident Evil directors cut dual shock(DCDS) was released. Capcom decided to add dual shock, replace the score, and still not use the uncut videos.

So to celebrate the 15th anniversary of it's release I'm releasing this mod that finally restores the uncut videos and the original soundtrack.

I have also included an all new "Arranged mode" called "Deranged" which like the name implies adds a new degree of difficulty to the game. I wanted to try and condense the game and handle the layout and item management differently to give a new twist on an old classic.

!!!! minor spoilers !!!!

Credits:
    You'll notice a couple new character skins. I decided to try a give a beta feel to the characters, and thankfully I had a little help with this. So big thanks guys
    Alpha Jill - by mrox
    Beta Becky - by BiohazardFE

Leo2236 - Special thanks for all the tools, and info. This mod was made with some of his tools, and he made things easier.
    Rest of the RE123 board(and thia too) - For being an great place for information and tools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	406238

Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock v1.021

This is an xdelta patch. You need to patch your .bin file. Once you ripped your disc and have a bin/cue, you can use this gui to patch the disc.
    A simple frontend for xdelta. Allows you to easily create and apply xdelta patches without messing w

you need to apply the patch to the track1*.bin. This patch is for the USA version (slus 007.47) only
    original track1 md5: 547d112ed2d5624fc23e765485f061bc
    v1.00 md5: 1158044ce828d0ef8e929dc2bfd32ded
    v1.01 md5: 19612cec1831d2125b96323de8a85c73
    v1.02 md5: d46299229f3c4edb952e742b1c8fd6a2
    v1.021 md5:AC81E294A09D04AA29F84A1FF259A915

2nd Disc
    Click image for larger version

Name:	battle1.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	406240

Here's the companion disc to RE UDC. I wanted to do something special as a bonus disc to my mod. So I replicated saturns' exclusive "battle mode" for the first time on psx. And I created another new game mode called "maze" which makes the mansion a little more maze like(I think you guys will like it).
    I also added new FMVs and revamped gfx, as well as a few surprises to keep things fresh.
    You'll may also notice new skins in the style of remake

It's not 100% done but I thought I'd let everyone test it out. Report back with your thoughts and opinions.
    Just in time for Halloween.

Credits:

remake skins - Enrico Marini
    goldy skin - BiohazardFE
    imbnes - Allan Bloomquist

RE1 Battle / Maze Mode v1.00

v1.00 md5: 1e101e67742236e248e6539535b68dde

Just like before - patch your original track1.bin. This patch is for the USA version (slus 007.47) only
    Last edited by RekseW; 03-31-2019, 12:21 PM.

I played through "deranged" mode a bit just now to see what was different, I just beat the snake though I got poisoned. Currently looking where to use the shield key. Birkin's eye in the gallery was interesting, as was transporting to the library instead of the fireplace room I'll keep it around as another way to play through Resident Evil, thanks for the good work!

Why does the trial blood message say "battle mode begins"?

Is there a quick way to the lab then if everything is condensed?

Comment

Thank you so much for this effort, also can you mod resident evil 2 to add a hard or nightmare mode like the dreamcast version ? the ps1 version is very easy to beat and i don't have a dreamcast anymore !

Comment

I can't seem to get the ISO patched. I download both the xdelta GUI and the patch, and tried to patch my ISO but gives me an error saying the file can't be found..
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

1-Open xdeltaUI, there you will find two options, apply patch and create patch, choose apply patch.
          2-open patch which is "RE1_UltimateDC.xdelta"
          3-open source file which is "Resident Evil [Director's Cut] [Dual Shock].Bin
          4-Then finally choose the output file with the desired name and then click patch.

Comment

I did that and still get the error. I did everything as you said beforehand and got the error. I even made sure the second xdelta.exe file was present in the same directory. The file I chose for output was named REDCDS1.BIN. It still won't work.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Maybe you should check that the hash value posted above matches the image you are trying to patch. If it does, try it on another computer... or put the files on the desktop perhaps so you can be sure its not some funky directory name causing an error.

Comment

Downloading now, gonna see how different it is =)

Edit: nope doesn't work lol
                Last edited by ajrich17901; 09-19-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  I can't seem to get the ISO patched. I download both the xdelta GUI and the patch, and tried to patch my ISO but gives me an error saying the file can't be found..
                  did you ever get this figured out? did the hashes match?
                  I hate it when someone asks a question then you never hear from them again.

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  I played through "deranged" mode a bit just now to see what was different,...., thanks for the good work!

Why does the trial blood message say "battle mode begins"?

Is there a quick way to the lab then if everything is condensed?
                  thanks for playing, and good eye catching some of the differences(there's a lot). check what the bloody message says in original mode, you'll see ;)

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                  Downloading now, gonna see how different it is =)

Edit: nope doesn't work lol
                  Can you elaborate a little more? what doesn't work?

Comment

Sending a pm now

Edit: may have figured out what was wrong xD I'll post back in a little
                    Last edited by ajrich17901; 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Someone needs to upload a patched iso or something elsewhere, this thing refuses to patch my game and I'm using the USA version (slus 007.47). Prefer that program dark biohazard used to patch 1.5 >.>

Comment

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                        this thing refuses to patch my game and I'm using the USA version (slus 007.47).
                        Do me a favor a check that your original track1.bin matches the hash supplied. you can use a program like hashcalc to check that. It worked for others, so it should work for you.

Originally posted by mister 888
                        I've finished it but got the ending with Jill alone, so guess i took the wrong door at some point because i didn't find the armor key.

i'll try again and chose another route.

Thanks very much for the work, it's always cool to play in the old school environement.
                        Yeah all endings are still there, they're determined by choices you make and routes you take. It should have some replay value also since you can only play certain parts depending on which character you play as, which route you take, and choices you made. thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by mister 888
                          I'm stuck in a area and i can't escape (where Yawn is , the piano room i used the ladder, opened the tomb came into the corridor) i'm playing Jill.
                          Is it possible ? All doors are locked and i have nothing in my inventory that could help.
                          eek a bug sorry

here's a small bugfix apply the patch to the v1.00 patched track1.bin.

v1.01 patch - for v1.00 patched track1.bin only

v1.01 md5: 19612cec1831d2125b96323de8a85c73

Thanks for reporting it, i'll update the first post.
                          Edit: updated the first post with the v1.01 patch for the original track1.bin
                          Last edited by RekseW; 09-20-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

First of all, thanks for this.

But i am getting some graphical glitches sometimes, for example in between intro videos (right before main menu and the intro movie itself), and when that text appears saying "they have escaped into the mansion..." the mansion hall is displayed a fraction of a second before the text has ended, sometimes when i go into a door and a new room loads, the screen flashes or i see a graphical glitch, it's hard to explain, also sometimes there is a transparent line somewhere on the right side of my screen, it's not that big of a deal though.

Could this be because i am running it on an emulator? Are these graphical bugs a result of modding the game? Are you guys getting these too or does this sound familiar?

Comment

If your using epsxe set
                              Off-Screen drawing: 0: None Fastest, most glitches

that should stop the video problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X