RE2: Mortal Night Remake [Project]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RESEVILNEMESIS View Post
    It won't be possible to save, because the version of the original game I've used to mod the game doesn't let load savings. Demo 2? I suppose you're referring to Chapter 2. Many cutscenes will be skippable, so replaying the mod won't be very annoying.
    so we cant save using typewriter whatsoever? everytime u close the game u have to start all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by redman View Post
      can you make this mod for the Biohazard 2 sorcenext?
      No, I can't. I've made it in this version because is the only one which lets me modify some things. The game will run alone, you won't need any version of the original game to play it.

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
      so we cant save using typewriter whatsoever? everytime u close the game u have to start all over again?
      No, it won't be possible to save using typewriter, that's why I've divided the mod in three chapters of 1h of duration each one (more or less).

Comment

is there a way to use my game pad ? I find it makes the game 10 times more hard trying to use a keyboard lol.
        My Logitech game pad is plugged in but the game wouldn't let me map the button layout with my pad.

Comment

I quite like the no-save structure so far, not being able to save for roughly an hour of straight gameplay combined with the extra difficulty surely makes this a pretty tough challenge.

On the player's side, you don't need to worry about hoarding ammo and recovery items for a distant future since your inventory and item box will reset once you start the next chapter anyway, or that's how it works by now at least.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
          is there a way to use my game pad ? I find it makes the game 10 times more hard trying to use a keyboard lol.
          My Logitech game pad is plugged in but the game wouldn't let me map the button layout with my pad.
          Maybe you can try this http://joytokey.net/en/
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Thanks but I just tried my 360 pad and that seems to be compatible
            I like this mod a lot but is there a way you can stop the zombies and B.O.W'S from respawning ?
            It just makes the game impossible ( for me ) , For example my inventory was full after picking up the shotgun shells in the trash can but there was also a health item in the trash so I though I would kill all the zombies in the bus area with my shotgun shells then go back to collect the health item but when I went back all the zombies were back and I just wasted all my ammo on them.

Also how does chapter 2 work ?
            Because When I tried to play it all it did was give me hunk in the garbage area with no weapons or ammo and when I open the gate to the bus area the door just take me back to the same room.

Update:
            Awwwwww man I am pissed off lol the game crashed when I jumped through vent in the gear cog room where you use the crank when I landed the game crashed and said UNABLE TO FIND FILE .\ZMOVIE\STAFF.BIN. There goes 1 hour and half of progress lol.

Just realized chapter 2 does work lol it was a dream sequence
            Last edited by chrisliam2; 11-06-2015, 03:38 AM. Reason: forget to add something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
              I quite like the no-save structure so far, not being able to save for roughly an hour of straight gameplay combined with the extra difficulty surely makes this a pretty tough challenge.

On the player's side, you don't need to worry about hoarding ammo and recovery items for a distant future since your inventory and item box will reset once you start the next chapter anyway, or that's how it works by now at least.
              Yup, the mod is a real challenge, but all this features make it very enjoyable and replayable. It hurts when you lose your progress, but you return with more desire of completing it properly.

Originally posted by chrisliam2
              I like this mod a lot but is there a way you can stop the zombies and B.O.W'S from respawning?
              Many enemies won't have respawn in the final version, and there will be many changes that will make the mod different; for example, if you don't get the ammo or the vaccine in the trash can, you can obtain them checking the dogs's corpses in the bus.

Awwwwww man I am pissed off lol the game crashed when I jumped through vent in the gear cog room where you use the crank when I landed the game crashed and said UNABLE TO FIND FILE .\ZMOVIE\STAFF.BIN
              It crashed because you finished the demo. I didn't know what happened until you posted this; thanks to you I'll fix it for the final version.
              Last edited by RESEVILNEMESIS; 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I Completed chapter 1 , I loved it ! Thanks very much for taking the time to make this mod I will definitely play this again and again.
                Well done to you !

I love the new sound effects for the shotgun as well.

Comment

when do you think the game will be 100% completed ?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                    when do you think the game will be 100% completed ?
                    Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisliam2
                      Well done to you !

I love the new sound effects for the shotgun as well.
                      Thanks!

I'd like to finish it this Christmas, and I think it's possible, but I don't know if I will have enough time to bring you a completely polished game. I'm enhancing a lot chapters 1 and 2 because I'm discovering new things to make them better, so the third chapter would be quite empty if I release the mod this Christmas.

Comment

Try not to feel pressured into releasing until you are absolutely ready. Obviously people ( including myself ) are really eager to play your mod, but I'm sure in the long run they would rather hold off and wait for a more polished product, and one that you feel happy about releasing.

Comment

I'm sorry for the late answer, I've been really busy this last month. Well, thanks for the advice!

I think the mod will get completed on Christmas or late January. Actually, I've just finished it, but I have to polish it a lot.

Comment

I'm sorry for the late answer, I've been really busy this last month. Well, thanks for the advice!

I think the mod will get completed on Christmas or late January. Actually, I've just finished it, but I have to polish it a lot.
                            cant wait. but wat do we need to play this game? is it sourcenext? if so how do i get it

Comment

Congrats I can't wait to try it out soon good luck adding the polish to it.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                                wat do we need to play this game? is it sourcenext? if so how do i get it
                                Nothing. This mod is standalone, so you won't need any version of the original game to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X