• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] Playable Mr. X [RE2 - PC]

EDIT:

Version 0.2.0 fixes the bad animation.

Description:

A few days ago I tried experimenting with the idea that FFVII characters wearing skirts, smocks, and trench coats had those parts separate. Leon in RE2 has an object for a head, and object for a torso, an object for the waist, the thigh, the lower leg, etc. "Skirts" and similar objects in FFVII were not all one object, but were broken into parts to help them animate. The RE2 EMD file for Mr. X has one object for the lower body but I can't use it for Leon's lower body because Leon has four lower body objects (left thigh, right thigh, etc.). This is why I wanted to break this one object for Mr. X's lower body into four parts like it is in FFVII and perhaps get it to animate properly. The results took some time to achieve but they're as good as they're going to get.

As it stands, this is a mod for Leon and has been untested for other characters. Files have been included to replace alternate costumes so you don't revert to normal Leon when you equip the sidepack. The model for Mr. X is even in the extreme battle select! All PLW weapons were taken, unmodified, from the Big Head mod which suit playable Mr. X well.

Problems with mod:

The mod didn't come out perfect, that much is given seeing as it looks like he has a boner when interacting with Claire. This was not intentional but is a result of both the model's scale not being proportionate with Leon's skeleton and the lower body being broken down into parts. That is one issue.

A more serious problem is that because the model is not proportionate with Leon's skeleton, there are problems with hit detection. The rocket launcher for instance with blow off zombie's knee caps and take two shots to kill them. The magnum and handgun can only be used at close range where you have to aim at the zombies legs (hits don't register otherwise). However, it also seems that the knife has a longer attack range so this would make a good knife character. Large weapons like the shotgun work like they normally should.

Other than that there are minor texture issues such as the hands not having the appropriate texture since I was too lazy to edit them. Seriously, I would've have to of edited the UVs of each and every one of LEON's PLWs!

Download and Installation:

Back up all original files that this mod replaces first. Extract the pl0 folder from the archive and place it in the RE2 directory. Files will distribute automatically.

Version 0.1.0 Mediafire
    Version 0.1.0 4Shared
    Version 0.2.0 Mediafire
    Version 0.2.0 4Shared
    Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 04-10-2014, 03:39 AM.

Great work!

Comment

Loving it but those issues though..

Comment

Originally posted by BradVickers780 View Post
        Loving it but those issues though..
        Yeah, it's sloppy-looking work alright but it was also the best I could do with what we have. I don't see any skeleton/animation extractors/repackers for RE2 out there so you get what you get. The trial version to Maya 2014 has ended so if I wanted to edit the mod again I'd need to find another 3D modeling suite that exports RE2MV-approved OBJ files (it doesn't like the ones from 3Ds Max).

Of course, the playable Nemesis mod on the other hand looks just as good as any other model built by Capcom.

Comment

Version 0.2.0 is up.

This version fixes animations and adds several new features. The knife uses Mr. X's fists and makes punching sounds, when Mr. X is hurt he makes sounds similar to the ones from DSC, when you equip the sidepack Mr. X gets his little pouch, the inventory character portrait has been modified, all weapons now have Mr. X hands, Mr. X now shows up in cutscenes, bonus outfits include the Santa Claus skin, there is a Big Head version of the mod (with even bigger weapons) also packed in the RAR, and to top it all off, you'll also find all of the original RE2 files that the mod replaces in the "Uninstall" folder.

Comment

Working...
          X