No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn awesome Markgrass! Hell yeah thank you so much. No I will check it out and comment again if find things you'very mentioned! Great day today. Love this thing you've created.

Edit:

Freezes after entering Kendos Shop - No Dialoge.
    Cutscene witch glitches after entering the rpd.
    Game crashes when try to use the typewriter.
    After using the first Item Box before the licker the game's graphics are fucked up. So far so good for now.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-13-17-19-13.png
Views:	1
Size:	429.9 KB
ID:	404758 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-13-17-20-08.png
Views:	1
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	404759
    Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM.
    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• It's pacchi time! Pacchi v1.1

Simply apply the xdelta patch to the original BIN file.

--------------------------------
      ---> Pacchi V1.1

FIXED: The TypeWriter (Save Game) function is properly working again.

FIXED: If controller input becomes ignored because the player exited a cutscene, the "STOP FLAG" may be used to trigger normal settings.

UPDATE: "GAME SELECT" and "GAME VERSION" are no longer operational at game boot or the debug menu, due to the fact there isn't any data for other games.

UPDATE: "DEBUG OPTION" is no longer accessible in the debug menu - nothing worked anyways, as I have yet to port the code over from Beta to Dual Shock engine.

UPDATE: The "Bio 2 Special Mix" Title Screen is now automatically skipped at boot.

NOTE: There are two versions of this patch - one for use with Japanese controller settings and the other for USA controller settings.

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
      Freezes after entering Kendos Shop - No Dialoge.
      Cutscene witch glitches after entering the rpd.
      Game crashes when try to use the typewriter.
      After using the first Item Box before the licker the game's graphics are fucked up. So far so good for now.
      Remember, you can always use the debug menu to exit out of most freezes - simply adjust the "STOP" flag by setting all the bits to zero (0). The patch I provided fixes a bug where modification to the STOP flag didn't work before. (Tech note: The STOP flag has a backup copy located elsewhere in memory, and both backup and main flags must be altered at once)

There is no spoken dialog (XA audio) anywhere in the game. I had to remove every bit of it to make room for the other game data. I haven't experienced any cutscene glitches once entering the RPD and no freezes with Kendo. I've tested in both hardware and pSX emu, works fine in both. What emulator are you using?

The typewriter function has been fixed in Pacchi v1.1

The Item Box bug... gah, I forgot all about this one Okay, noted.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-13-2015, 12:54 PM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
        It's pacchi time! Pacchi v1.1

Remember, you can always use the debug menu to exit out of most freezes - simply adjust the "STOP" flag by setting all the bits to zero (0). The patch I provided fixes a bug where modification to the STOP flag didn't work before. (Tech note: The STOP flag has a backup copy located elsewhere in memory, and both backup and main flags must be altered at once)

There is no spoken dialog (XA audio) anywhere in the game. I had to remove every bit of it to make room for the other game data. I haven't experienced any cutscene glitches once entering the RPD and no freezes with Kendo. I've tested in both hardware and pSX emu, works fine in both. What emulator are you using?

Thank you for the Infos about "stop flag"thing.
        Well about the emulator I use... I play on Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300FU Lollipop 5.0.2) with ePSXe emu.

Btw game crashes also when you want to read the files in Inventary.

MarkGrass I have a question. Could you maybe please write an xdelta patch app for android? I think this is really something we need. Since powerful smartphonces are available I'm using it for the most time to play playstation games.

About the debug menu: could you make some things working again? Like item Box and all items available and weapons?

Thank you for your great work
        "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
          Btw game crashes also when you want to read the files in Inventary.
          Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, too. This one is a very simple fix, I'll have another patch for it.

Thank you for the Infos about "stop flag"thing.
          Well about the emulator I use... I play on Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300FU Lollipop 5.0.2) with ePSXe emu.
          Ah, that could the reason for some crashes - I never tested in ePSXe.

MarkGrass I have a question. Could you maybe please write an xdelta patch app for android? I think this is really something we need. Since powerful smartphonces are available I'm using it for the most time to play playstation games.
          I would if I could; In fact, I would have likely developed some brain dead game and put it on the store for 0.99 cents by now xD

Most unfortunately, I'm still stuck with an iPhone 4 with no way to develop anything for the platform.

About the debug menu: could you make some things working again? Like item Box and all items available and weapons?
          I will, once I actually start working on this project again.

The patch I provided included extremely simple fixes which didn't require any real work.

You can change weapons on the fly by using the L2 and R2 buttons.

EDIT: I just noticed a bug with quick turn using the USA control scheme - It should be activated with Down+Square instead of Down+X. This will be fixed.
          Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-13-2015, 02:44 PM.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• After patching no freezing at the Kendo scene. But when the zombies are coming through the window the scene will be running in a loop. I need an feature to jump the scene forward. So now that typewriting works I guess it's useless because there's no Main Menu for loading it xD

Edit: You can't choose the lighter from the inventory. Damn xD
            Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-13-2015, 03:00 PM.
            "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
              After patching no freezing at the Kendo scene. But when the zombies are coming through the window the scene will be running in a loop. I need an feature to jump the scene forward. So now that typewriting works I guess it's useless because there's no Main Menu for loading it xD

Edit: You can't choose the lighter from the inventory. Damn xD
              You have been most helpful, thank you.

Two more very easy fixes, coming right up.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

You have been most helpful, thank you.

Two more very easy fixes, coming right up.
                You're welcome ;) I have to thank you too.

Game crashes when you use the special key right after you decided what costume you want.

Edit: Ok so after setting the flag event to zero or change a zoom by room jump all previous items in the inventory are gone. It's always the pumpgun and those four fucking Health sprays. Could you please change this?
                Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-13-2015, 03:28 PM.
                "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Thank you for the patch! =)
                  sigpic

Comment

• We are the pacchi dead Patch v1.2

---> Pacchi V1.2

FIXED: The lighter has been placed back into inventory
                    FIXED: THe game no longer crashes when changing costumes
                    FIXED: The USA controller scheme now uses DOWN+SQUARE button combination for
                    quick turn action

The File Viewer in the Inventory isn't such a quick fix, after all. I'll look into it further when I dive back into the project, sorry.

Also, something broke the Save Game loader from transition to Beta to Dual Shock engine. I know what's wrong, but it will take some work to fix.

Edit: Ok so after setting the flag event to zero or change a zoom by room jump all previous items in the inventory are gone. It's always the pumpgun and those four fucking Health sprays. Could you please change this?
                    I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're saying. I've tried to reproduce these bugs with no results.

Can you explain step-by-step how you're doing this?
                    Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-14-2015, 07:10 PM.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• @MarkGrass:
                      I'm sorry for the late reply. (I was without internet for the last three days)

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for releasing this, it's simply AWESOME!
                      I'll be sure to report any bugs I might come across.

By the way, I noticed that in order to pick up items or examine the scenery you have to keep walking while pressing Square, is this intentional?

Another thing I was wondering about, would it be possible to create a version of Bio Remix that contains Claire's Scenario?
                      The Bio2 Beta was Leon only, I think it would be great to have a way of playing the Claire disc with working room-jump and event modifier features.

Only if it isn't too much trouble, I don't know how hard or easy it is to port your debug menu to a different version of Bio2...
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-15-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• I am the one who pacchi Patch v1.3

---> Pacchi V1.3

FIXED: The game can be beaten and no longer freezes at the end
                        NEW: Character and Weapon selection at the title screen before game play
                        NEW: H&K MC51 Machine Gun can now be used (replaces Sub Machine Gun)

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                        @MarkGrass:
                        I'm sorry for the late reply. (I was without internet for the last three days)

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for releasing this, it's simply AWESOME!
                        I'll be sure to report any bugs I might come across.

By the way, I noticed that in order to pick up items or examine the scenery you have to keep walking while pressing Square, is this intentional?

Another thing I was wondering about, would it be possible to create a version of Bio Remix that contains Claire's Scenario?
                        The Bio2 Beta was Leon only, I think it would be great to have a way of playing the Claire disc with working room-jump and event modifier features.

Only if it isn't too much trouble, I don't know how hard or easy it is to port your debug menu to a different version of Bio2...
                        Please check the patches - there's one for Japanese controls (where Square is the action button) and the other for USA controls (where X is the action button).

The Bio2 beta disk actually ran Claire's scenario perfectly... the Dual Shock doesn't, at all. In fact, the game will crash if you try to load Claire as the playable character, and I'm not sure why. I'll have to look into it further.

It would be easy to port to the Claire disc, just not sure that I want to go that route, yet.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're saying. I've tried to reproduce these bugs with no results.

Can you explain step-by-step how you're doing this?

Doesn't matter anymore because I was wrong with it. ;)

Question: Could you built in a Feature were you can erase an selected item in inventory like with debug?
                          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Please check the patches - there's one for Japanese controls (where Square is the action button) and the other for USA controls (where X is the action button).
                            What I meant is that pressing the action button infront of a door, item etc. does nothing in your Remix version unless you press one of the directional buttons (Up, Down, Left Right) at the same time.

In the normal Bio2 (or any other Bio game) you can just press the action button while standing still to pick up ammo, open doors etc. whereas in your Bio Remix you have to keep walking to interact with them.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            The Bio2 beta disk actually ran Claire's scenario perfectly... the Dual Shock doesn't, at all. In fact, the game will crash if you try to load Claire as the playable character, and I'm not sure why. I'll have to look into it further.

It would be easy to port to the Claire disc, just not sure that I want to go that route, yet.
                            No problem, it's your project and your decision.
                            I'm really amazed with what you have accomplished so far, whatever your intentions for Bio Remix are, I'm sure the results will be worthwhile!
                            Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-15-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                              What I meant is that pressing the action button infront of a door, item etc. does nothing in your Remix version unless you press one of the directional buttons (Up, Down, Left Right) at the same time.

In the normal Bio2 (or any other Bio game) you can just press the action button while standing still to pick up ammo, herbs etc. whereas in your Bio Remix I have to keep walking to pick them up.
                              Yeah I noticed this too.
                              "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• I can't believe it's not Pacchi! Patch v1.4

---> Pacchi V1.4

NEW: Any item can be obtained through the Status Menu Intventory with the L2 and R2 buttons

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post

In the normal Bio2 (or any other Bio game) you can just press the action button while standing still to pick up ammo, open doors etc. whereas in your Bio Remix you have to keep walking to interact with them.

No problem, it's your project and your decision.
                                I'm really amazed with what you have accomplished so far, whatever your intentions for Bio Remix are, I'm sure the results will be worthwhile!
                                Ah, got ya. Thanks for reporting that, I never noticed it.

...no real intentions for Bio Remix, still wandering around aimlessly with no direction.

Question: Could you built in a Feature were you can erase an selected item in inventory like with debug?
                                Patch 1.4 has that included.

Lucky for the both of us, it was a very easy transfer of code from Beta -> Dual Shock.

It appears that I didn't completely finish it - the visual item avatar doesn't update - but it most certainly works as intended.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X