Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    You are missing the point here. The fact is that Mark's code and all the extra work done here is indeed Mark's intellectual property, just like Squeeze Bomb is my intellectual property, and IGAS' work belongs to IGAS alone. As for the encryption, it is quite essential because we all know what happened in the past. I mean, this is the internet, you know how it works.
    What haopened in the past besides the mzd build getting leaked?
    what's the point in sharing something if your going to put it behind fork knox,
    I don't get what you guys are so afraid of, isn't the whole point of you creating this so you could openly and freely share it with others? why are so bothered / upset about others editing and adding to your work for their own personal enjoyment? what are the consequences to your works being editable by others? is it perhaps because your works include code which you later want to use on other projects for financial gain? not that I have anything against that, but what's the story / mystery here? at least be truthful about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
      what's the point in sharing something if your going to put it behind fork knox
      The whole point is just playing. You don't need it to be open for that.

is it perhaps because your works include code which you later want to use on other projects for financial gain?
      As a matter of fact, I could make a financial gain with Squeeze Bomb, but I'm nobody around here is making any so that doesn't matter. On a related matter, I've seen people stealing or even selling free games with 100% clean profit. Protections are a good countermeasure to both issues.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I fail to see how you hope to stop people from selling pirate copies by using encryption, when all your supplying is an iso which can be burned onto a cd in the first place.

Comment

I fail to see how you hope to stop people from selling pirate copies by using encryption, when all your supplying is an iso which can be burned onto a cd in the first place.
          Disclaimers in game that can't be removed warning users about release build being free and not for sale. Same with other disclaimers in a PC readable form, protected so that they can't removed or altered. Encryption is only one tiny side of the coin, there are several reasons why it's good to have. Back from hijacking this thread, you're getting Mark's work with source (just without encryption) so there isn't really much to complain about even from a hacker's point of view.
          Last edited by Gemini; 05-08-2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

what's the point in sharing something if your going to put it behind fork knox,
            I don't get what you guys are so afraid of, isn't the whole point of you creating this so you could openly and freely share it with others?
            No.

If someone were to ask me if they could use the runtime data that I personally created from scratch/nothing, then I would at least have the respect to consider such a request... and that's the problem - no one asks.

Just because the material becomes public, doesn't mean that someone else can use it without giving any mention or credit to the original author, thus giving the false impressions.

Call me whatever you will, I'm at least trying to be generous, here. It gets tiring to see people limited by trivial things such as file amounts, lackluster debugging methods and so on. I'm trying to change all of that, in high hopes of better mods and all-new games using this engine.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Disclaimers in game that can't be removed warning users about release build being free and not for sale. Same with other disclaimers in a PC readable form, protected so that they can't removed or altered. Encryption is only one tiny side of the coin, there are several reasons why it's good to have. Back from hijacking this thread, you're getting Mark's work with source (just without encryption) so there isn't really much to complain about even from a hacker's point of view.
              If people are stupid enough to pay for something that is free then that's their own fault for not researching it enough before buying it, disclaimers are worth diddly squat, they prevent nothing if somebody has already paid for it. What makes you think your stuff can't be removed by some dirty hacker, if they want to remove your stuff nothing will stop them, it's just a question of supply and demand and time taken to remove it, the reason most things don't get removed is because their isn't enough demand, they don't care enough to bother with niche products / project and i'm sorry to say this but this is exactly what your offering a niche game that in reality next to no one cares or knows about.
              I wish you could charge for your mods, I'd glady pay / donate for them, but sadly capcom prevents that.
              Last edited by Mikhail; 05-08-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

If people are stupid enough to pay for something that is free then that's their own fault for not researching it enough before buying it, disclaimers are worth diddly squat, they prevent nothing if somebody has already paid for it.
                I agree on some people being stupid and buying free stuff for no good reason, but disclaimers do work most of the times with stopping those scammers.

What makes you think your stuff can't be removed by some dirty hacker, if they want to remove your stuff nothing will stop them
                Because usually scammers aren't decent hackers, and even if they ask somebody to help they'd end up hitting a brick wall. Remember Spyro 3 and its libcrypt nightmare?
                Last edited by Gemini; 05-09-2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I agree on some people being stupid and buying free stuff for no good reason, but disclaimers do work most of the times with stopping those scammers.

Because usually scammers aren't decent hackers, and even if they ask somebody to help they'd end up hitting a brick wall. Remember Spyro 3 and its libcrypt nightmare?
                  No what was so special about it vs other libcrypted games cracked by pdx, kalisto, bad groups with their ppf patches?

Comment

• what about starting with no weapon?

i was specifically referring to a very aggressive ada AI you had talked about before, shooting "the hell out of everything in sight". limiting the amount of enemies with a partner is weird, i never had to do that before.

in retail i noticed some rooms could handle more enemy types than others. you able to set the limit on that? and were you able to break the limit of enemy sounds per room?

you could have 3 or more characters for main game, with 2 scenarios each?
                    Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-09-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                      what about starting with no weapon?
                      That can be done by simply modifying one line of code - I can set any weapon, item/amount, etc. so the game boots with whatever I want in the inventory.

...and yes, that option will be in the source.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                      i was specifically referring to a very aggressive ada AI you had talked about before, shooting "the hell out of everything in sight". limiting the amount of enemies with a partner is weird, i never had to do that before.
                      Ah yeah. At the time, I thought it was wizardry, and now I just realize that it was "the right way to do it". Simply put, everything I knew about AI up to that point was wrong.

As for never noticing, that's because I am modifying the PSone version. The PC versions are pretty lenient in that regard, thanks to the abundant RAM that PCs have to utilize. Then again, 8 enemies max per room is much better fitting than thousands, anyways.

in retail i noticed some rooms could handle more enemy types than others. you able to set the limit on that? and were you able to break the limit of enemy sounds per room?
                      It's not a matter of certain rooms not being able to handle more enemies, it's quite simply the way the author scripts that room (via scd)... and that is something that I nor anyone else could fix or setup an automatic solution for.

It doesn't matter how good the script compiler is, it's entirely up to the rdt scripter to manage everything properly so that the game doesn't take a poop.

Whether it be the PSone or PC version(s), the game is coded to only handle so many different types at once. Besides RAM being an issue, even if it were possible, the game would likely slow to a crawl if it had to govern AI for dozens of different types all at once.

you could have 3 or more characters for main game, with 2 scenarios each?
                      Yes and yes, but again, this is something that the enthusiast/team will have to setup and manage on their own, once the source to this is released.

My solution simply provides the enthusiast/team the easiest way possible to cram as much data onto the disc at once. On an executable level, yes the data will be recognized and loaded when and where need be, but it's still entirely up to the enthusiast/team to properly script each rdt so that the proper data is being used.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thank you very much! =)
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          I'm already toying with the idea of multiple scenarios for multiple characters, in addition to testing both retail Bio2 and Bio1.5 running from the same disc. Multiple scenario setup is already working a charm.

For a better understanding of the multi-scenario ordeal, just simply imagine Bio1 with both Chris and Jill's scenario's playable from one disc. This idea be expanded much, much further, by having multiple games running from the same disc.

The idea behind multiple games really isn't about multiple "games", persay, it's really just a clever way of adjusting & creating the proper code & flags to handle something of the sort, in addition to the custom runtime data & disc structure that corresponds with said code, both of which I have already completed.

So, imagine this: you boot up the game and you're given the option to play either retail Bio2 or Bio1.5. Or, in another case scenario, that extra runtime data could be an unlockable mini game, with all-new characters, locations, weapons, enemies, etc. Or, it could simply go unused. It's all just fun and games, for now.

As for some of those Trial rooms, here ya go:
                          Impressive. Thank you.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                            Impressive. Thank you.
                            Thank you, and you're very welcome.

Moving on, I imported and fixed the H&K MC51 and implemented quick-turn from scratch.

Normally, the H&K MC51 from Bio1.5 will import and work just fine, though the empty bullet casings eject from the wrong location and the fire wasn't at the end of the barrel. I had to dig into weapon AI to fix this. Although in perfectly working state, this fix is not a permanent fixture.

The quick-turn feature activates normally (down+cancel) and works perfectly as intended. All that's left to do is to play the correct animation while the player is turning (walk/run) and setup a simple flag so that the player may toggle the feature on/off.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• my main concern with this project is that it seems like a sliver of hope that the community might actually come together for a project. not being limited everyone can showcase the best of their work. this guys rooms and that guys characters with other guys enemies in another persons scenario. proper credit scroll at the end. seems like a nice dream. getting everything working together would be easier than ever before, relatively speaking. hell, the hardest part might be just getting people on board, but much of the 1.5 smoke has cleared from the bomb dropping, so maybe there is hope

that last video helped me out, i think. i have been looking in the wrong spot to make sherry's pistol shoot properly. the trajectory of the bullets is relative to the vertical placement of the barrel and not the angle of the gun, i could never get her to shoot straight. would this be in the weapon AI as well? im not looking for a sure answer but just you saying maybe is enough for me to spend the time fucking with it.
                              Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-13-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Weapons work with a compound matrix of weapon hitbox offset and player non transformed matrix (i.e. the skeleton), that is later pushed against weapon range values transformed with the derived matrix, twice in a row. The result of that calculation is finally used to build yet another set of matrices multiplied together and pushed against non transformed coordinates of the enemy. In other words it fails if the weapon hitboxes (all three sets per weapon) point really somewhere else in the vertical axis, and no, the weapon hand position is never even considered for detection.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X