[RELEASE] Project: Biohazard 2 Trial Edition Mod Version [BH2 TRIAL - PS1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Have you ever tried replacing a normal zombie with Marvin's zombie? The cutscene always seems to crash just as Marvin turns and starts to walk around, I'm curious as to whether his zombie actually works on Playststion hardware without the cutscene. Do you think you'll ever get it to work on the Playstation?
    The scene does not crash because of marvin, but because the zombies that are in the same room.

For you did not know I could fix this, but I had to do a port to the PC version:
    Hi friends!Finally I get to fix the scene (so that the game does not freeze after Marvin becomes zombie).Enjoy!

I do not know if you know anything about modding, what I did to fix this was to change the zombie model (EM01F to EM01E) into the ROOM2020.RDT (Marvin's office).

Doing this the scene does not crash, but unfortunately you can only do this in the PC version, in the PSX Trial can not, because EM01E there is no disc.

Comment

Can you unlock more beta scenes on Biohazard 2 Beta 2 you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
        Can you unlock more beta scenes on Biohazard 2 Beta 2 you have?
        I not know, but I think there are not more beta scenes to unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
          The scene does not crash because of marvin, but because the zombies that are in the same room.

For you did not know I could fix this, but I had to do a port to the PC version:
          Hi friends!Finally I get to fix the scene (so that the game does not freeze after Marvin becomes zombie).Enjoy!

I do not know if you know anything about modding, what I did to fix this was to change the zombie model (EM01F to EM01E) into the ROOM2020.RDT (Marvin's office).

Doing this the scene does not crash, but unfortunately you can only do this in the PC version, in the PSX Trial can not, because EM01E there is no disc.
          Thanks for the details! So is zombie EM01F the same zombie who is already found walking around in the west office before the hack? I'm guess the game crashes when the zombies stand up? I assume you've tried all the zombies on the disc?

Comment

Thanks for the details! So is zombie EM01F the same zombie who is already found walking around in the west office before the hack? I'm guess the game crashes when the zombies stand up? I assume you've tried all the zombies on the disc?
            Yes, I've tried with all the zombies that are on the disc.

The strange thing is that if you compare with a hex editor to the zombies EM01E and EM01F, there is no difference, the only thing different is the identity (1E and 1F).

I guess that's the problem, the identity, since in the final version, there are zombies EM01E in the Marvin's room.

One possible solution would be to make the game acknowledge some of the zombies that are on the disc as EM01E, but can be very hard to do on a psx game.

Another thing you could do would be modifying the exe of the game, but it seems even harder.

Comment

I just discovered that there was a problem when applying the patch to the game, but I already fix it.

Maybe some people could not apply it and kept wanting to try this hack, right?

If so, sorry...

Now you can download it again and you will see they can do it without any problem.

You can apply the patch in any type of image format.

Comment

I just discovered that there was a problem when applying the patch to the game, but I already fix it.

Maybe some people could not apply it and kept wanting to try this hack, right?

If so, sorry...

Now you can download it again and you will see they can do it without any problem.

You can apply the patch in any type of image format.
                Yes I had been having problems with this. Thanks for the fix!

Comment

Hi!

Update in the first post!

Fortunately and finally today I could fix the Marvin scene in its original version, now works correctly!

Hello friends!Fortunately and finally today I could fix this scene in its original version, now works correctly!Again, sorry for the bad record...You can dow...

Again, sorry for the bad record...

I hope you like this!

Comment

Martin, you know the room beyond the burning helicopter with the red jewel puzzle, does a beta scene exist there? I'm wondering if the scene where the Licker crashes through the glass ceiling is there in the Trial Edition.

Comment

Martin, you know the room beyond the burning helicopter with the red jewel puzzle, does a beta scene exist there? I'm wondering if the scene where the Licker crashes through the glass ceiling is there in the Trial Edition.
                      As you said, on the disc are the backgrounds, also are the sound effects for that scene, but the only thing missing is the script (the main) for the same.

I think that scene was only available for the Claire's scenario in Beta 1.

Comment

As you said, on the disc are the backgrounds, also are the sound effects for that scene, but the only thing missing is the script (the main) for the same.

I think that scene was only available for the Claire's scenario in Beta 1.
                        That's exactly what I thought! It's funny because there's quite a few B scenario scenes left in the Trial, such as the crows in the corridor next to the helipad, and the zombies who crash through the windows in the west corridor. It's funny how they removed that one Licker scene and left everything else in place especially considering you weren't even supposed to complete the red jewel puzzle in the demo.

Can you tell me anything about the valve handle? Does it have a specific location in the Trial Edition? Like, can we learn where it was supposed to be found in beta 1?

Comment

That's exactly what I thought! It's funny because there's quite a few B scenario scenes left in the Trial, such as the crows in the corridor next to the helipad, and the zombies who crash through the windows in the west corridor. It's funny how they removed that one Licker scene and left everything else in place especially considering you weren't even supposed to complete the red jewel puzzle in the demo.

Can you tell me anything about the valve handle? Does it have a specific location in the Trial Edition? Like, can we learn where it was supposed to be found in beta 1?
                          No location for the valve in Trial Edition, is for that reason that I created one for my mod version.

The place where I put the valve was in the crows hallway, in the closet that was removed in the final version.

Comment

Nicely done dark ! you should see my brother's reaction when he saw marvin and licker scene WTF ! anyway is there a possibility to mod the psx dual shock full version with these new scenes, also there is a bug in marvin scene where male zombies replaced with female zombies with male voice, kindda weird ? also can you add 1.5 style to the rest of hand guns ?
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                              Nicely done dark ! you should see my brother's reaction when he saw marvin and licker scene WTF ! anyway is there a possibility to mod the psx dual shock full version with these new scenes, also there is a bug in marvin scene where male zombies replaced with female zombies with male voice, kindda weird ? also can you add 1.5 style to the rest of hand guns ?
                              Thanks!

Sorry to say that, for me it is impossible to do that, I've only managed to make a port of these scenes for the pc version.

Modify the psx games is very hard, I can only edit them to some place.

Comment

I updated the download link!

Changes:
                                I fix some things, like the scene: "Zombie go to Sherry" (the scene is activated only when you take the Chris's diary).

And others minimal fixes. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X