X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@kevstah2004: Thanks for chiming in

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
    Edit:
    Sorry, I just read through the announcement regarding mod distribution...

So xdelta it has to be!
    Shouldn't make much of a difference in terms of usage...

I'll read through the stickies before posting next time, promised!

Not using xdelta just for the heck of it. PPF patches don't support massive file size changes and data shuffling. Xdelta is capable of almost entirely restructuring an entire file's internal layout while still maintaining a surprisingly small size. (I think I linked to my Front Mission 2 - Making History patch, it's a good sample of a 2mb patch that moves all FMV data from edge to inner circle, while at the same time replacing the logo FMV with the Square-Enix one and updating filenames and main exe to make v1.1 information. And the patching process is the exact same time as it takes to make a copy of the original, unpatched file.)

Comment

More good stuff upped to UG recently the E3 capcom press kits from 01 and 02
      Last edited by kevstah2004; 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

The dump I have is 744MB, any indication which it is? I'm going to take a guess at the patched version?

Comment

So, has it been further investigated if the bioflames image was error-free? Is it the generally accepted guess?

I also have this 744mb dump (can't find any other dump anyway) and performed a scan in CDmage, only to find out it had 106 corrupted sectors. Performed a repair and now 105 remain. Also tried IsoBuster, but no errors? Perhaps when the severity is "low", they are not reported in IsoBuster? (which surprises me, giving the reputation it has, it should list everything).

Bear with me, I don't know sh** about sectors stuff, maybe these 105 errors don't affect anything. But still, it's not like it was a retail disc with 15 000+ bad sectors made on purpose as a copy protection. So my guess is they shouldn't be there.

Anyway, the only remaining sector that was corrupted on this "fixed" dump (303794), is not reported as corrupted on my bioflames dump. (The last corrupted sector on my dump is 303944). So, I guess we could have a perfect dump right now?

Thoughts? (Or corrections )

ALSO: Am I the only one to get a freezeup in the gun shop RIGHT when the guy says "FREEZE!" ? Quite funny...
          Last edited by Gauth89; 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X