Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
    but thers a modding section here tho lol
    Modding is way different than piracy. modding is making adjustments to the game purchased. your blatantly saying you downloaded it, therefore your stealing it. we never supply the game itslef in terms of modding, we only supply the mods themselves.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. Modding is legal under fair use laws, but downloading the whole game isn't. So we wouldn't support a mod that did that, but we're fine with most of them.

Comment

Those unused backgrounds from BH 2 trial again,really waiting for next hacked trial iso with that "rooms" activated.
        Dark Biohazard,i think you are the best BH hacker/modder.
        Last edited by xBx; 02-05-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Yeah, pretty much. Modding is legal under fair use laws, but downloading the whole game isn't. So we wouldn't support a mod that did that, but we're fine with most of them.
          piracy isnt a problem anymore.last november congress signed a bill that allows movie and video game owners to make backup copies as long as they dont sell the backup copy of the movie or game.so if i wanted to make a backup copy of RE2 PC for my own use(modding).Legally,I can.Just as long as I dont sell the backup copy
          sigpic
          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Update in the first post!

I add a new factory room and fix some rooms.

Enjoy!

Comment

dark biohazard u do alot of gd work..cheers my friend

why dont u make ur own re2 game? im assuming with these rooms you can only play in them if you load the saved files right? is ther anyway you can incorprate it continously in the game?

and can you make your own cutscenes?

Comment

can this be used on the playstation version of the game by using a modified iso with an emulator??

Comment

Originally posted by PSXdev View Post
                  can this be used on the playstation version of the game by using a modified iso with an emulator??
                  To put it simple, no it can not. (To my knowledge)
                  Would be the most awesome thing (apart from a 1.5 public release) we 1.5 fanboys could get if it did tough...
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Actually, yes, they can.

...though, this is probably frowned upon, especially if someone shows up here saying "I have THIS!".

If someone makes such a mod, it is quintessential that they follow these rules:

A place to discuss, present, and develop tools, showcase work, or release tutorials pertaining to the modification of the Resident Evil games.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Actually, yes, they can.
                      What about the problem of the PSX executable no longer booting if the file sizes don't match those of the original disc contents?
                      is there actually a solution to this problem and I just haven't heard of it?
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-15-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah, there's a solution that involves hacking the executable - it contains a table that can easily be modified.

Using the common Bio2 Beta, this table can easily be identified using a leftover file on the disc (some header file - *.H).

This is Kevstah's area of expertise, so...
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yeah, there's a solution that involves hacking the executable - it contains a table that can easily be modified.

Using the common Bio2 Beta, this table can easily be identified using a leftover file on the disc (some header file - *.H).

This is Kevstah's area of expertise, so...
                          I guess I'll ask kevstah about that header file sometime!
                          Thanks for mentioning!

I really thought it wasn't possible, I'm glad I was wrong!

Comment

Here, I found an old post that contains some information about the LBA:

Also, zorlon, of EmuParadise fame, dropped by to give a few insights:

FYI, zorlon is the guy that (re)created the RE: Director's Cut to include the Intro movie in color.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

hi mark

Actually, yes, they can.

...though, this is probably frowned upon, especially if someone shows up here saying "I have THIS!".

If someone makes such a mod, it is quintessential that they follow these rules:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6509
                              has it been done??? and released?

Comment

To my direct knowledge, no.

I don't know if it's because no one has tried, or if people are scared to try. After all, noone wants a fake version of 1.5 floating around. Not to mention, a black market has recently been discovered; it seems that someone/people are making fake betas and selling them through the internet. A member named Robert Kendo has already fallen victim, possibly others. The trail leads back to a certain member within the Assembler community, but this is not open for public discussion.

Be aware!
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X