Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH2/BH3 Sourcenext releases: Remove subtitles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I just found them on usenet. I think I should record CVX again, assuming it works fine. I want to get the UC cutscenes too, is that game decent enough to run? All I want is the FMVs. ;_; They look like fucking shit on the Wii. Washed out and with about 20 pixels cut off on each side.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Yeah I just found them on usenet. I think I should record CVX again, assuming it works fine. I want to get the UC cutscenes too, is that game decent enough to run? All I want is the FMVs. ;_; They look like fucking shit on the Wii. Washed out and with about 20 pixels cut off on each side.
      C:V still has environment texture problems (there may be a patch for it, though). TUC runs fine in-game, but single MPEG frames of the FMVs are skipped from time to time.

Comment

Annnnd we're getting a little close to piracy now. Yes, I know you own the real discs. Unfortunately, the laws are such that even downloading thing you already own is a no-no now. No, I don't agree with it. Sadly, the evil ninja lawyers do.

No more talk about such things, if we please.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Annnnd we're getting a little close to piracy now. Yes, I know you own the real discs. Unfortunately, the laws are such that even downloading thing you already own is a no-no now. No, I don't agree with it. Sadly, the evil ninja lawyers do.

No more talk about such things, if we please.
          Spoiler alert: Internet and Usenet lets you download pirated software!

Comment

Yes, I think we all worked that one out. Thank you for the hint though. Of course, and I know this comes a shock, we do occasionally get visited by Capcom's minions. And, yes, again a shock, they tend not to like it when you give information on how to download there stuff for free, even when you already own and they probably know about it too! Shocking, isn't it? And, you'll be as shocked as I am, Dot doesn't especially wanna get sued.

So, and once more I'm as amazed as I'm sure you are, we take the stance of not allowing it to be mentioned with a month long ban for those that refuse to listen. I'm shocked, and astounded, but we're not even supposed to give out friendly warnings really after a large number of people ignored this rule before Degenerations release. So, surprisingly, it must have been a pleasant and unsarcastic mod that gave such a nice warning.

Because I'll ban the next person to bring it up. And yes, I know it was likely a joke pointed at the fact that everyone already knows how to do this. I just like to have the last laugh when it comes to giving instructions. Call it my ego mania at work, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Yes, I think we all worked that one out. Thank you for the hint though. Of course, and I know this comes a shock, we do occasionally get visited by Capcom's minions. And, yes, again a shock, they tend not to like it when you give information on how to download there stuff for free, even when you already own and they probably know about it too! Shocking, isn't it? And, you'll be as shocked as I am, Dot doesn't especially wanna get sued.

So, and once more I'm as amazed as I'm sure you are, we take the stance of not allowing it to be mentioned with a month long ban for those that refuse to listen. I'm shocked, and astounded, but we're not even supposed to give out friendly warnings really after a large number of people ignored this rule before Degenerations release. So, surprisingly, it must have been a pleasant and unsarcastic mod that gave such a nice warning.

Because I'll ban the next person to bring it up. And yes, I know it was likely a joke pointed at the fact that everyone already knows how to do this. I just like to have the last laugh when it comes to giving instructions. Call it my ego mania at work, if you will.
              I could engage you in a dragged-out Streisand-effecty discussion now, but just reading that first paragraph shows that you are severely overreacting. If stating the obvious is ban-worthy now and if it makes you feel better, then I'll gladly take it. Bye!

Comment

To be fair, there was no information given as to *how* to download stuff. If there were links, filenames etc, then sure, it'd be an offence. But there wasn't.

There comes a point where enforcing the rules gets a little out of hand when it comes to extremely general talk.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Entirely true, and quite possible. You'll note I did reference myself as an ego maniac. The issue was less the talk and more the fact that I got ignored. Agree, disagree, whatever but we do have the rule and, once reminded, I expect people to obey it...not take the piss out of me. Now, if you want to keep talking about it via private messager, please do. If you want to tell Carn I'm being a prick, again, please do. But drop the line of conversation here.

Comment

Working...
                  X