Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL: Distant Memories (WIP Mod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by please_REboot View Post
    Hello,

just randomly came across this thread.

Those pictures appear to be quite nice for what they are.

But in direct comparison, the visuals (especially the backgrounds) shown in the pictures of post #31 somehow appear to be much better than those shown in the pictures of post #38?

Just saying .

And if you don't mind asking:

For someone who is not into that modding stuff:

Why are you using RE2 as a base and not RE3? Wouldn't the engine of RE3 be more advanced?

And what is the maximum resolution which can be used for the backgrounds?

And another question:

Out of curiosity, could you possibly post a gameplay video of the scenes from post #31 ?
    Hmm so many ways I could tear you a whole new asshole now.... here are your answers

1)Using RE2 because RE3 has less modding support which one would you use?
    2)Maximum Resolution is 320x240 and nothing more
    3)No you can't have footage of just one particular room your not telling us what to do with this mod, we release footage when we do.

and 4) There are 2 people doing background work Mortician is and I am so thanks for saying my renders are inferior despite them being older versions nice to know that again someone doesn't have any faith in my abilities and btw if you think you can do so much better then by all means try....Just saying

Comment

I hope you guys plan to post that Halloween video here, otherwise I may forget to look at the blog ;)
      sigpic

Comment

Chances are it will be posted here as well, since its going to be posted more or less everywhere RE on the web =P

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
          Chances are it will be posted here as well, since its going to be posted more or less everywhere RE on the web =P
          NEW TRAILER !!!

RESIDENT EVIL: Distant Memories Trailer 2012

;) enjoy

Comment

iI wishvivhadvpower to watch hope itcomes on tmos
            sigpic

Comment

@chris's boob

you have asked, some longer time ago, for which RE2 version RE-DM will work. The general answer: for all english versions.

We look into the other languages too and it shouldn`t pose a big problem to translate texts etc.. Only the jap sourcenext version will cause extreme issues.. and will probably never be 100% supported by us.
              Last edited by TheMortician; 10-31-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Amazing work, guys! I noticed there's some creative reuse of the RE2 boundaries in some of the rooms. Clever.
                Also, nice choice of music. I love Outbreak.
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-01-2012, 12:03 AM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

whoa im am really impressed....GREAT WORK!!

Was wondering have u guys worked on cut scenes and voices for the characters?

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                    whoa im am really impressed....GREAT WORK!!

Was wondering have u guys worked on cut scenes and voices for the characters?
                    Not yet,

cut scenes will be integrated, we`re looking into it and still have to do our research first. I`m writing a interpreter for the scripts that are placed in RDT (room files) and this will help us in creating entire new scenes on the long run. Voice acting will be included but that is nothing we currently worry about, that is something that will be done when the mod is in a much more advanced stage ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                      Not yet,

cut scenes will be integrated, we`re looking into it and still have to do our research first. I`m writing a interpreter for the scripts that are placed in RDT (room files) and this will help us in creating entire new scenes on the long run. Voice acting will be included but that is nothing we currently worry about, that is something that will be done when the mod is in a much more advanced stage ;)
                      cant wait dude...do u hav a timeframe when would this game be completed? mods these days start out gd then we dont hear of them at all later...plz dont stop work on this

Comment

Everything looks really well done. I especially like the graphics and fit very well.

Only one thing concerns me is:

Are there going to be any custom 'camera angles' created? Lemme explain (which I am bad at):

I can tell exactly which room is which by Resident Evil 2's definition. As when the video begins to show the actual gameplay: you are running down a road which has the same angles as when you start off in RE2's beginning. When you see Barry/Rebecca fight the dog, it's clearly the alleyway area. When you see Barry climb some wood stairs, you can tell that's the outside of the RPD Offices and the stairway to the helipad hallway, especially by the 'metal footsteps'. And when you fight two zombies near a wheel barrow, that's the courtyard of the RPD.

What I'm saying is, will there be custom masks at all or no?

Otherwise, this mod looks fantastic and I'm anticipating it's release.

(I can see a comment on the video that partially answers my question, whether you can alter footstep sounds or not, but the layer masking question remains )
                        Last edited by Chris' Boob; 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.M.P. View Post
                          cant wait dude...do u hav a timeframe when would this game be completed? mods these days start out gd then we dont hear of them at all later...plz dont stop work on this
                          That's why we have a Dev Blog =P I update it every month so people know the mod isn't dead I can say this on behalf of the team(Chances are they will infect me with the T-Virus later) that we are in this to the end this won't end up like another mod that died that I can promise.

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                          Everything looks really well done. I especially like the graphics and fit very well.

Only one thing concerns me is:

Are there going to be any custom 'camera angles' created? Lemme explain (which I am bad at):

I can tell exactly which room is which by Resident Evil 2's definition. As when the video begins to show the actual gameplay: you are running down a road which has the same angles as when you start off in RE2's beginning. When you see Barry/Rebecca fight the dog, it's clearly the alleyway area. When you see Barry climb some wood stairs, you can tell that's the outside of the RPD Offices and the stairway to the helipad hallway, especially by the 'metal footsteps'. And when you fight two zombies near a wheel barrow, that's the courtyard of the RPD.

What I'm saying is, will there be custom masks at all or no?

Otherwise, this mod looks fantastic and I'm anticipating it's release.

(I can see a comment on the video that partially answers my question, whether you can alter footstep sounds or not, but the layer masking question remains )
                          Yeah I know what you mean room wise and yeah it is true that we are using the original room boundaries/angles for now its easier to work with then pissing around with camera rotations etc that doesn't mean custom angles won't happen though =P

One example i can give now is a room that i'm going to have to edit to hell for it to fit so that will be one new custom angled room its just having the time to invest in getting to align properly. Main reason we haven't added custom masks yet is essentially because we haven't decided on final looks of rooms yet when we have chances are masks will be applied.

Hope that answers your questions! =D

Comment

Looks VERY well done, I'm actually looking forward to this.

Comment

that all looked amazing I like the fact that the backgrounds are masked over , but you have done such a good job at changing them , such an awesome trailer , thanks for an awesome update.

Comment

Thanks dude, the next footage will be released soon and it will show of a batch of new rooms too. It will also hold some other nice surprises

Comment

Working...
                                X