No announcement yet.

Smart PC RE5 People, How Can I Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart PC RE5 People, How Can I Do This?

mod for pc making Chris shirtless in the PC version onlydownload it here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DcRMkOKv7U7XtCV2L_eNDEcdOLy42zSi?usp=sharing

mod for pc making Chris shirtless in the PC version onlydownload it here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DcRMkOKv7U7XtCV2L_eNDEcdOLy42zSi?usp=sharing

The link to the mod is dead so I'm asking for help here. Basically it's a modified skin of Warrior Chris with default hair, no sunglasses and chest straps removed. I've searched all over the internet and the closest mod I can find has warrior Chris with the slicked back hair (which I do not like). Anyone know where or how I can find this specific mod? I'm in love with it and very desperate.

I think a bit of model swapping has happened. Default head or hair switched in for the slicked back hair. I can't remember how the model parts were divided but I don't recall model importing working correctly in 5 at the time so it's most likely an alpha channel edit on the textures to make the sunglasses and extra shit not show up OR the old trick we were using for RE4 was that we would make a .txt file and rename it to the model parts we wanted to "blank" out (not show), remove the actual model parts from the sub-directories and the game wouldn't display them because they had been removed from it.

You'd need to also get the extracted and bug-fixed files to do any texture or model swap edits because 5 is a slight pain more than 4 is to mod.

Look on either RE4/5 PC OR http://mundomodre4.espanolforo.net/

I haven't written up the English tutorials on the second one, but you'll find a large amount of good modders on the second one that can answer any questions. You can post in Spanish with Google translate or just post it in English in the Spanish section and let them know you don't speak it and the guys that aren't bad with English can help you out or may even remake the mod if you ask politely.

Also, next time - please post stuff regarding mods within the modding sub-forum. Thanks.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 06-12-2012, 05:59 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I tried navigating that forum in Spanish but it was so confusing even with a translator. I registered but don't know how to make a thread. I'm not sure if I have to wait for a mod to approve me or something. Do you think you could make a thread for me? I would really appreciate the favor. I'm getting a gaming PC for the first time next week and am trying to take part in mods I could never do on the console. Unfortunately I'm kind of late to it so most of the modders for RE5 are no longer active on the boards. I'm kind of desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
        I tried navigating that forum in Spanish but it was so confusing even with a translator. I registered but don't know how to make a thread. I'm not sure if I have to wait for a mod to approve me or something. Do you think you could make a thread for me? I would really appreciate the favor. I'm getting a gaming PC for the first time next week and am trying to take part in mods I could never do on the console. Unfortunately I'm kind of late to it so most of the modders for RE5 are no longer active on the boards. I'm kind of desperate.
        I don't even know Spanish myself but I can still get around the forums - I just can't really load up many sites or anything at the moment (including reinstalling RE5 from Steam to just remake the mod for you) because my connection is going off and on because of the rain here at the moment.

Anyway, then have you tried RE4/5 PC Forums? Forums are in English and there's a 5 sub-forum.

If you refer to that, there should also be a RE5 character model list and it should have the details on how to do the either model swap or alpha channel edit. That way you wouldn't be relying on the RE5 modders and you could get a hang of how they get done anyway. That's pretty much what I did with RE4.

Just if you need to do an alpha edit you may need a program that will support TGA. Photoshop does, but I don't know what stuff you've got or what the other modders use for the most part.
        Last edited by Enetirnel; 06-13-2012, 02:35 AM.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

The Normal hair can only be used in Cut-scenes , though the removed parts were done by either Hex editing or Model Trimmer.
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Working...
          X