No announcement yet.

A Very Simple Method for Dealing With Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get so many of you are upset at my suggestion. Too cheap? Jesus, I didn't even say it should be $10. Anyway, This thread should be closed, Dot gave his verdict.

Comment

Um, it's not being cheap, but it's sometimes a major fucking inconvenience.

Comment

Basically, we aren't anywhere near as popular to charge money to register here. Something Awful does it, because theres a lot of people on there who produce funny and original content.

Nevermind that though, I run the site as a non profit basis. I make it to help educate some people about the series history, not to make a cheap buck here and there. Which is one of the reasons why you don't see ad's (and never will) here.

The one time we did take donations for a project it didn't go so well (and is still waiting to be finished). So anything like that I'm adverse to doing again. Hopefully we'll be able to mop it up in 09, but no promises, it all depends on how busy Bjorn is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          If it comes to that, I'll consider it. But its a lot of work. That would be a last resort though. Thus far, we've handled problems a-ok, with the aid of DarkMoon and Carnivol. And heck, thats only 3 people who can outright ban people. So for now I think we are fine.
          Dont forget about me ;P I took care of the fun the other night heh.

Comment

Working...
          X