Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    Does this message consist of a huge picture of some desert posted several times? If so, I get the message too.
    Weird. Maybe some sort of viral marketing campaign?

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
    ^ lol, very strange. It seems the majority of this forum consists of two kinds of folks, sane(ish) and batshit crazy.
    Agreedo. I know my place in the circle-of-life (batshit crazy).

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        Spoiler:
        thats me, im the over-exposed cloud in the upper mid right, above the Lion Kings head

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          Who was that NaturalDisaster fellow? He left a very random visitor message on my profile.

CONFIRM IDENTITY
          And just as Mr_Zombie, yeah, I got one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
            And just as Mr_Zombie, yeah, I got one too.
            It looks like the amateur was trying to macbig.jpg you guys but he only had a kinda big picture of Mars so he posted it a million times.

Comment

• So, whoever murdered Rage vs or whatever his name was, want to extend that to permanent? I got a lovely email in my spam box (who says spam filters don't work?)

The following message was sent to you via the The Horror Is Alive Contact Us form by RageVsFans ( mailto:biglouie04@aol.com ).

--------------------------------

yall bunch of fucking retards

--------------------------------

Referring Page: http://www.the-horror.com/forums/member.php?u=1923
              IP Address: 70.145.154.75
              User Name: RageVsFans
              User ID: 1923
              Email: biglouie04@aol.com
              [offtopic]
              Thanks for all the birthday wishes on my profile page. Don't have time to answer them all individually at the moment, but its nice to know people still remember me despite my absence
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-15-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• So P Anderson DIE's ban, that gonna be extended to permanent after his trollfest in this topic and on my wall, circumventing his ban? If he's gonna ask me to "ban him properly", I feel happy to do so.

Edit: lololololol @ that email.
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-15-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• haha, he put a Pid on the end of my name. GENIUS.

England 1, Wales 0

Comment

• Right, extended both RageVsFans and P Anderson's ban to permanent after confirming him and "BigStuPid" were the same person.

Comment

• Wow, I miss all the fun when my web breaks.

And just to be clear, Stu never went far enough to get more than a warning. Hence why all he got was a warning. But boy has he been wracking those warnings up. Hence the warning that I'm keeping an eye on him.

Comment

• Racking them up? Really?

Might i just suggest using the infraction system? Makes things a lot easier to keep up with at least. Not to mention, that is what it's there for.
                        Last edited by Stu; 12-15-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Well, if you can't remember verbal warnings we give, it might be more effective to issue 0 point infractions (Warnings) so you can keep track, if you'd rather us do it that way.

Comment

• Regarding people getting banned "on the spot" and all that (tiny read for those who're just curious about how and why someone gets banned)

These are people who've been under surveillance for a while. They might not have plenty of infractions, but their behavior has seen several warnings and/or situations involving warnings seem to occur "around them." Everything is on a case-by-case basis. But no one is "immune" to banning.

We generally don't ban people for a long time. Usually it's just a few days (end of the week) with a note about how some sort of behavior is unwanted. Depending on how the reaction to this goes... we sometimes extend the ban to permanent. One of the easiest ways to get deported to Permbanelonia is through multi-accounting as a means to circumvent your weekend in Banton.

Sometimes we try to cram in a bit of humor in the ban messages, or at least point out why they got banned and how we hope they find something else do during their time stay in quiet skiing resorts of Banton. It's a very human way of banning people. The banned people do not suffer... Though, a supply of restraining jackets might be on the wishlist of some of the mods this year (both for professional and personal bedroom use).

Anyway, usually, when someone gets banned, it's either 'cause everyone universally agrees that someone should be be banned or that someone's been peeing in the glass for a while and when the glass got filled it started spilling all over the table. Usually, there's at least two mods involved in the banning (especially perm bans). One bringing a subject to the other one's attention, then they both quickly evaluate the situation and put it up against previous actions... then we agree on what to do.

We actually do hate perm-banning. It's easier to just send a warning or temp ban someone and then just let 'em back in shortly after. Infractions don't always seem to be taken seriously enough amongst certain repeated offenders. Basically, if you receive a warning (rather than an infraction), chances are that you're already walking on thin ice and might get shipped to go to Banton for the rest of the week if you don't get back on solid ground.

tl;dr - Don't live in fear of bans. It's not the end of your THIA forum life if you play nice. Accidents happen to the best of us.

Comment

• Holy crap AM I under surveillance?
                              "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

• Yeah, I told Carn before I gave P Anderson DIE the original month ban, and to circumvent his ban (let alone to circumvent it and troll), it was a no brainer to make it a perm one.

Comment

Working...
                                X