No announcement yet.

Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I was on reH for a long time, so were a few other members here. There's a lot of history with me and that site. What's that gotta do with this topic, though?
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-18-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• So why'd that Cubes guy get banned? He made only one post, and while it was aimless, I found it harmless as well.

Comment

• It was someone who's already banned. Double-accounting is insta perm.
        (We'll even up your temp to a perm if you do it while out on a temp.)

Comment

• Wow. I have been away for a looong time. Couldn't stay away, wanted to catch up. Can't say some bannings come as a huge surprise.

Comment

• For those who're wondering why News Bot's banned; there's this little section of these forums called "B4 Laboratories." It's like a playground for the adults, if you want. Call it a group where selected members are allowed to talk about random stuff they're working on and such... At least that was the intent of the place, instead it's more or less become certain member's ranting spot for tossing shit about people without access.

Anyway, I don't appreciate News Bot's elitist attitude. It's highly reminiscing of the issues we've had with other troublesome community members in the past. His recent replies and follow ups to something that was just general criticism/feedback on an observational level was just totally uncalled for, same goes for some of the insults he's tossed out to certain forum members recently too.

Just instantly putting this out here so people don't get the wrong idea.
            News Bot is as of writing this: Temporarily banned 'til next year

Comment

• How does one gain access to this area of the site? I'm intrigued by this and curious to know what he had to say...

Comment

• As far as I know, your name's on the list of people who should be given access. I don't really control the access of that sub-forum, as I objected to its creation in the first place.

Comment

• So we have a dark secret elite forum? Now that's RE style all over! LOL. Shame about News Bot, I guess he'll need to chill out a bit.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• oha...very hard rules here in this community...i hope that i will never banned again..ill do my best

Comment

• "B4 Laboratories" wow sounds cool,
                      looks like The organization is everywhere I hope I will be in someday
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                        So we have a dark secret elite forum?
                        Actually, we have quite a few sub-forums that not everyone have got access to, but most of them are just staff/project related and moderator stuff.

Some of it might be interesting. When B4 was made, one of the ideas was for it be possible for everyone to read it, but not post in it... unfortunately, given the current state of B4, I think it'd need a solid clean-up if something like that's ever to happen (not really missing out on much, though. Other than being able to access sub forum #40

I'll probably be giving a quick run down on some of the sub-forums in some upcoming "Did you know?" post on the front page (+their requirements)

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
                        oha...very hard rules here in this community...i hope that i will never banned again..ill do my best
                        Ahah. Yup. But we're usually very nice with the second chances. People shouldn't be afraid of getting banned, but they also shouldn't actively seek them. Usually, a short ban works better than warnings and infractions do + it helps us quickly put some issues away while dealing with others (prioritizing!).

Comment

• As I said in the B4 topic, I don't agree that he deserved to be banned when he was not the first to instigate the argument and was drawn into the argument with remarks like this;

It's also a rather important thing when it comes to spotting mistakes and verifying shit later. Not citing the sources of content is lazy, unprofessional and most of all pretty darned stupid.
                          Nor do I understand why the infraction system wasn't used when it's the system everyone else has to follow and that's what it's there for, especially to respected community members such as News Bot who is an administrator on an affiliated site (one which I am also staff on). I can't see much that he said out of line either compared to what was said to him. I think this ban is a result of bias because if he deserves a ban (even a 4 day one) as a result of his recent behaviour, then so do about 3 or 4 other members. We can't expect people to follow rules if we can't follow our own, immunize ourselves from them and single people out according to like/dislike (or whoever we are in an argument with at that specific time). I think this was, at best, unprofessional.
                          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-28-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Regarding above, I too am a part of the site, but I don't agree with the ban with the reply below.

The actions to this regard are clearly biased and emotionally attached to this impulsive decision. Even if this was one incident and you ban him because of it. This is not how someone should be banned by the rules of conduct and should be discussed with other mods and Dot50cal. If it was any other they would be given a infraction and have seen far worst on here people have got away with and second chances. Paul's been on here for ages and to have someone ban like that in a instant due to a heated disagreement for one occasion, even given a infraction from a earlier part, which I state was a first in a long time, does not deserve to have this happen to him. This is a respected forum with a good community and to not have this diplomatic settled like in the past, only to have this ban done by biased and emotionally impulsive action taken is not a great thing.

This is my opinion on the matter, give or take.

Comment

• It's also a rather important thing when it comes to spotting mistakes and verifying shit later. Not citing the sources of content is lazy, unprofessional and most of all pretty darned stupid.
                              To be fair though, that's pretty bang on the money.

Comment

• While the rough sentiment may be true, the phrasing could have been put in a slightly less confrontational way.

Comment

Working...
                                X