No announcement yet.

Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most likely because the image he posted in the post a picture of yourself thread was of Paula Deen, same woman we were spamming another thread with. Had he posted a male celebrity and said "ZOMG GUYZ I LOOK LIKE DIS YA? JAJAJAJAJAJA" no one probably would have gave a shit because that was the same thing they were doing at the time.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I just checked it. How is that even remotely banworthy?

Comment

• Some of us don't agree with Spencer's action either.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
          I just checked it. How is that even remotely banworthy?
          Did you also see the work we did in the Hey ya'll threads? And if so, just respond on my wall since I dont want to spam this topic for too long, or get anyone aside from myself in trouble.

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
          Some of us don't agree with Spencer's action either.
          Just curious about the infract system on this site. Is there a level in which users are simply muted without having a ban? I know some forums start the mutes at 25/30 points of infraction. On what levels do the bans start becoming active with the infracts here?
          Last edited by Bertha; 12-17-2010, 12:19 PM.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• From what I know, there are no mutes in the infraction system. The first ban is triggered at 30 points. More points means longer ban, or we can circumvent the infraction system and simply issue a ban and set the length. I think admins can issue mutes if they want, but not 100% on that.

Comment

• Ah ok understood. Thanks for the info. When I received my infract points, it was something I became curious about (especially when I knew CR29 had 26 points and was still permitted to post).
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Just to be clear - 30 points is a one day ban, 40 is a week and 100 a month. We can also choose how long the points will last, or even make it permanent.

Comment

• Yup. Hitting the 30 point cap grants you a day off.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  Most likely because the image he posted in the post a picture of yourself thread was of Paula Deen, same woman we were spamming another thread with. Had he posted a male celebrity and said "ZOMG GUYZ I LOOK LIKE DIS YA? JAJAJAJAJAJA" no one probably would have gave a shit because that was the same thing they were doing at the time.
                  I'll sum it up shortly;

Knock it off -> knock it off -> Infractions -> Locked

Knock it off -> Locked

FFS!

Previously we've given people weekends off for waaaaay less. Besides, I had to show Mr. Spencer how the general form looks for when you do these things and walk him through how you fill one out. Not that I expect him to ever really need to use it or want him to - It's just a "Let's give some guy a gun, see if we can trust him." experiment on my end.

Comment

• Of course, we also get the forum equivilant of the tactical nuke since we can permaban too. I, personally, never giggle at all when using it yelling, 'Wiggle little spambot. WIGGLE FOR ME!'

But, yes. The staff has a thing about being ignored. We're sorta like Cassandra that way. Sure, no one ever believes it, but it never ends well.

Comment

• It's okay, eh...'you all.' I'm back now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        Had he posted a male celebrity and said "ZOMG GUYZ I LOOK LIKE DIS YA? JAJAJAJAJAJA".
                        Ah, I see what you did there.

If you have an issue with me then speak to me directly about it as opposed to making subtle remarks. I've never had any qualms with you before and I don't wish to have any now.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        It's okay, eh...'you all.' I'm back now.
                        To be honest with you, I didn't want to do it as I consider you a friend. But if that was allowed to continue then it would have put across a message to others that it's okay to ignore moderators, and here's something we can all agree on - there's too many trolls and spam posts on this forum as it is.
                        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 12-18-2010, 04:32 AM.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• I checked those topics, laughed my ass off, but it was still spam. What the hell were you guys thinking (drinking?) Haha

Comment

• I vote tequila. Tequila is the drink for doing dumb stuff. Like drinking tequila.

Comment

• 5 Minutes has been permanently banned due to this lovely post. At least arguing with me unearthed his inner troll nature. I see my troll-dar was on the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                                5 Minutes has been permanently banned due to this lovely post. At least arguing with me unearthed his inner troll nature. I see my troll-dar was on the money.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=97
                                HAHAHA! Absolutely nuts.

I for one was impressed with the imagination shown in his post on my profile wall

Comment

Working...
                                X