No announcement yet.

Banned Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit, it'll be just like Lord of the Flies now... Trapped on this site, turning on one another...

Oh wait, I shouldn't use that analogy, Oskar might hear children are in it and get a boner.
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-27-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
      He was the Emmanuel Goldstein of THIA to Darkmoon's Big Brother. Because we all love Darkmoon.
      sigpic

Comment

• Fruit Salad was banned because he racked up 30 points in minutes. He also asked to be banned and insisted he'd be right back under a new IP. I'll pass him along to other mods to see if they want to make it a permanent ban, as it currently stands, or whether he gets a second chance.

Comment

• I found it strange he had such a hard-on for newsbot. Don't get that at all, but another soul that won't be missed as he is ejected into the black void I suppose.
          sigpic

Comment

• Everyone has a hard-on for News Bot.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Indeed we all do.

Honestly, I haven't got a fucking clue what happened. Why it was so important to the guy that he be allowed to constantly and randomly spam. Pass.

Comment

• I was looking through the Spider Man 4 topic and I noticed MarkGrass was banned.

Er... why? He seemed okay...
                Last edited by Canas Renvall; 07-14-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• MarkGrass made a mistake and it was time to erase that mistake.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• I should've expected that.

Anyway, to answer your question, John...

No. For me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      No. For me.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Not supposed to be any unnecessary posts in here guys, so cut out the silly images and comments. Don't like to be uptight about it, but it's the rule of this topic so ya'll get a warning. That extends through the unnecessary posts in regards to oskar's ban as well. This topic is only for "Why was insertnamehere banned?" and the explanation by a mod/admin/staff and relevant follow-ups.

As for MarkGrass's ban, it would be best if Carn were to answer if he feels the need. It involves sensitive issues in private matters and Carn is the one who banned him, so it's up to him.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I sometimes try (but not always succeed) at trying to remain impartial and also avoid feeding trolls and speaking ill of the dead and all that, but for those wondering about the whole "Mark being banned" thing;

Sadly, we could only take so much of the random stuff surrounding Mark. There's always "something" and suddenly having this place being pin-pointed as the supposed reason for some of those "somethings" was just the final drop that spilled the cup. The "demands" being made in a random off-topic thread without any of the staff being contacted about it with a formal (or upset) request for such actions to be taken was also just ... meh.

And in all seriousness; although Mark has contributed to the RE community with a whole lot, I honestly don't think that Mark's "all that." At least not to the point where people would find reason to go head hunting online simply 'cause of a staff tag here. Especially considering the diversity of the staff and some of the regulars here. Someone must've certainly gone out of their way to piss in a minefield or something whilst claiming to represent us for that to truly be the case.

I mean... you don't see anyone else here being victims of such things, and I'd dare to say some of us have done a pretty good job at both rattling some cages and pissing on some fences here and there. Certainly to the point where we should've either been in a serious traffic accident by now or found ourselves in the midst of evil plots where even your closest of friends are dragged into trickery and mischief targeted directly at you ... Oh ... wait ... crap ...

Comment

• If I can also add onto something here, the whole hacking thing just doesn't make sense.

Just about 15 minutes ago, I got on my PC only to find one of my internal HDDs had been completely wiped out.

All that was left was a simple text file that said "README". And so, I did.
                            You can't exactly wipe out a complete hard drive and just leave a "readme" file, (lolz for the excuse of leaving a readme file for the inconvenience to the user) without the user seeing this happen, because the only way on how this is done that makes sense is remoting onto the station live when the user is on, taking over control. The computer must need to be turn on and the user still logged in, in order for this to work, and this is done only if you had gave permission to have remote access and your fire wall setting disabled, anti-virus software allowing the remote connection internet port to be bypassed/allowed to connect.

Another option is that you'd need to have complete access to the network router and being able to change permissions in order for an external party to come in to do this and then being able to delete the data in the background as well, and that takes a lot of work and some very deep end software and experience to do. Who in the god mind would want to target a minor person from a gaming community of all things?

Sorry to adding my two-cents into this, and I don't know much about Mark Grass, but coming from an IT technical stand-point, it's damn-near insane to just have that happen. It's complete bullshit.
                            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 07-15-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• It's alright G, it helps to put more perspective on some of the reasonings.
                              sigpic

Comment

• If that ever happened to me, I would feel ashamed and completely stupid for allowing such a thing to happen, out of this bizarre situation (If it ever happened). I mean, if I have some very important data that I invested so many hours and money into, I would want to have different means of backing it up – I would have enabled shadow data onto the specific files so I can easily restore them from a previous date, or even back everything up onto an external hard drive, because they’re not expensive to buy and a good means of having everything stored away from the computer – you’d be in that mind-set to make the correct precautions and be rational (We act like humans afterall!) to do so, if it's something very important to you. That’s why it can’t be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X