This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
    "Whats the reason for that? So you want to punish someone for making a mistake? We all make mistakes when we post but you want to punish them for that reason? Its a human's way to make mistakes and there is nothing we can do about it. Punishing someone is not going to stop those mistakes from happening. Now, Being rude is another subject. Being rude is not a mistake instead its what they are 90% of the time. I understand what you are going with but its not right."
    'Making mistakes' is made irrelevant by the edit button. Learn it, use it, love it.

Comment

The edit button betrays me a lot. Its sometimes better to just not edit.

Comment

Another thing to note: Stop backseat moderating. You arent a mod. Use the report button, it gets the job done, trust me.

Comment

Preach on brother Darkmoon
          I gotta tell ya, this has been a long time coming. When I found this place, I found a home. It's more than just a site, it's a place where resident evil fans from all over, obssessed or not, can get together and talk about the games they love. I like every single person on here because no matter how different our opinions may be, we're all rooting for the same team. Because of this, it makes me sad when I see people put eachother down every day. Like papa jon said, six people taking turns telling somone how dumb their thread is and that it needs to be locked...it's not needed. I think a few people on here really want to be a mod, but until that day comes, just leave it to the real deal. New users might take it as hostility when they are immedietly jumped on by several people when they make a mistake.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I concur. I've never heard the term "backseat moderating" before but I assume it's what I refer to as "mini-moderating". The report button is there for a reason, and if another member tells someone not to do something, a lot of the time it causes arguments rather than resolving a situation. If people want to be moderators, acting like one isn't the way to go about it. Show you're the better man by using the report function and helping us do our job.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
              Another thing to note: Stop backseat moderating. You arent a mod. Use the report button, it gets the job done, trust me.
              'Backseat moderating' is an ugly term. I like to think of it as helping other users out. Oh, and by the way...

Taken from the site's FAQ:

Becoming a Moderator
              At the time of writing this FAQ we have more than enough users on the board who can monitor it. However if you wish to become a moderator the best way to do that would be to attempt to do the following:

* Conform to the rules of the board
              * Participate often on the board and in a mature manner
              * Attempt to inform misguided users in the proper board etiquette in a mature manner
              * Attempt to answer the questions of other board users

You're right, though. I guess it's better to be a "backseat tattle-tail" than to try to help people out.
              Last edited by Vector; 04-19-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Informing other users doesn't include "this topic should be locked" and not reporting it. 90% of the time I see people "informing" other users, the post is not reported. Saying about topics being locked is informing US what to do without letting us know there is a problem and waiting for us to read it. Also, a lot of what I've seen is rude when people are trying to "help" other users. I don't necessarily mean you, I mean in general. This topic isn't about becoming a moderator anyway, Borman was just giving you friendly advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  'Backseat moderating' is an ugly term. I like to think of it as helping other users out. Oh, and by the way...

Taken from the site's FAQ:

Becoming a Moderator
                  At the time of writing this FAQ we have more than enough users on the board who can monitor it. However if you wish to become a moderator the best way to do that would be to attempt to do the following:

* Conform to the rules of the board
                  * Participate often on the board and in a mature manner
                  * Attempt to inform misguided users in the proper board etiquette in a mature manner
                  * Attempt to answer the questions of other board users

You're right, though. I guess it's better to be a "backseat tattle-tail" than to try to help people out.
                  Wow...thanks Chris. I've been asking about tips in becoming a Mod and I didn't really got good answers but I can say that this is the best tips I have seen in a while. Thanks man
                  Last edited by hellrizer; 04-19-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Here's a tip on becoming a moderator: Stay on topic. I think we've said what we need to say now, so I'll be locking this.

Comment

Working...
                    X