Dino Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino Crisis

Just wondering if you have any plans and/or would consider adding a forum for and maybe even covering news regarding the Dino Crisis series by Capcom. Similar to how we also have a section to Silent Hill. Please vote in the poll and share your thoughts in this thread.
    Add a section for it now
    21.43%
    Don't add a section for it ever
    14.29%
    Only add a section for it if Capcom plans on releasing a new game/book/etc.
    57.14%
    Add a section for it once we have more members & activity
    7.14%
    Fission mailed.

It would be nice, but at this point the franchise is practically dead. The SH forum was barely active for awhile and that series has more than two games, one spin-off and a game we try to forget ever happened lol. However, as a DC fan I'd love for Capcom to revive the series and maybe when it's back on two feet we could take it from there.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

As big of a DC fan as I am*cough*points at avatar and sig*cough*, I believe there should only be a section if they release a new game. Like REmaster said, the series is dead at the moment, unless Capcom suddenly decides to revive it with a remake/reboot, which could go both ways. We had Dino Crisis thread I believe for a little while, before it died. Probably should stick all DC related posts in that.

Comment

Yes, there was once a DC sub forum but it was closed because of it's inactivity. Capcom has constatnly mentioned that they don't have any plans in reviving the frachise right now.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah pretty much what the others have said. There's no real news for the franchise, and there's not enough real interest for a separate sub-forum. As for a section on the website, that's pretty much gonna not happen. If you haven't read about the situation of the site in Dot's other topics, there's already enough issues and delays for regular RE content that we're either completely scrapping some ideas or toning them down to -hopefully- at least get some remaining obligations released and out of the way. If it's this much trouble for RE content to be worked on, there's no way any DC stuff will be put up. And Dot hasn't really expressed any real interest or trust in adding people who will work on the site directly.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah...we don't have subforums for active horror games, like Dead Rising, Dead Space or Dead Island. Things with Dead in the title, really. Maybe we could roll them into a single forum? The Dead Files?

I remember back when Dino Crisis was vaguely active, although mostly in terms of terrible X-Box games. The forum wasn't even being used then. And yes, I am that old...this is the third or fourth version of THIA I've been a member of. Not much point now.

Comment

This sounds rather familiar. relyonhorror flashbacks

Comment

Pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                  As big of a DC fan as I am*cough*points at avatar and sig*cough*, I believe there should only be a section if they release a new game. Like REmaster said, the series is dead at the moment, unless Capcom suddenly decides to revive it with a remake/reboot, which could go both ways. We had Dino Crisis thread I believe for a little while, before it died. Probably should stick all DC related posts in that.
                  I agree, I think we should wait to see if there are any plans on reviving or rebooting the series. Though the way Capcom is going, that may never happen, at least not any time soon.
                  Fission mailed.

Comment

Dino Crisis is dead, there's no need for a forum for it. It's a shame because that's the kind of series that could well with more action like Capcom doing with RE.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                      Dino Crisis is dead, there's no need for a forum for it. It's a shame because that's the kind of series that could well with more action like Capcom doing with RE.
                      Well there is some hope for that, a couple months ago Capcom put a poll on their community site asking which series fans would like to see revived the most and DC won by a landslide. Though I disagree, I think DC should go back to it's roots as a survival horror game. Though I'm of the camp that despises DC2 & DC3.
                      Fission mailed.

Comment

It's a game about dinosaurs, there's little horror to use on that concept in my opinion.

Comment

It's a game about dinosaurs, there's little horror to use on that concept in my opinion.
                          You don't think it would be even a little scary if you were trapped in a facility in the middle of a jungle with raptors around every corner, hunting you down and you had very limited ammunition and were more or less alone the majority of the time?
                          Fission mailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
                            You don't think it would be even a little scary if you were trapped in a facility in the middle of a jungle with raptors around every corner, hunting you down and you had very limited ammunition and were more or less alone the majority of the time?
                            Yeah, fucking scary shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Velociraptor_dinoguy2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	400623

Comment

Yeah, fucking scary shit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5712[/ATTACH]
                              Not when they have fur, but back when they used to not have fur. Before some moron paleontologist started the whole "dinosaurs had hair" thing. Back in the old days:
                              Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-27-2011, 12:53 PM.
                              Fission mailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X