A problem I've noticed with the site and Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem I've noticed with the site and Google

I'm not sure if you guys know about this or not, but when you search for THIA on google, it says "This site may be compromised" below the link to enter THIA. When you click the warning it takes you to a google page that says the following...

To protect the safety of our users, we show this warning message for search results that we believe may have been hacked or otherwise compromised. If a site has been hacked, it typically means that a third party has taken control of the site without the owner’s permission. Hackers may change the content of a page, add new links on a page, or add new pages to the site. The intent can include phishing (tricking users into sharing personal and credit card information) or spamming (violating search engine quality guidelines to rank pages more highly than they should rank). Learn more about hacked sites
    What can I do if I see this message?

If you see the warning message you can contact the webmaster and request that they investigate and clean up the site if it has been hacked. In the meantime, you can continue to the site at your own risk, but you should be careful about providing personal information to the site. If you decide to proceed to the site, make sure that you have the most updated version of your browser. It’s also good practice to ensure that other programs on your computer such as Flash and Acrobat Reader have the latest security updates.

If you're the administrator of a site we've identified with this warning message, please visit the instructions found in our Webmaster Help Center to investigate and resolve the problem.
    I just thought I'd let you guys know. I'll just go back to using the site at my own risk now. ;)
    sigpic

From the Spam topic:

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I've been looking into the security issue. It seems some spambots actually became so pervasive on the forums that Google flagged us as a potential spam/hacked site. We actually aren't, thankfully. I'm investigating the matter myself though at the present time and I'll have a report in the coming days. Perhaps also some news on THIA's future direction if CARN would get on Skype.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
      From the Spam topic:
      Oh ok, sorry I didn't see that. (Nor would I have thought it would have been there. :S)
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X