No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The screenshots which was displayed here i had scrolled down to each to view the comparison and observed for myself in my HD LCD. The ps3 screenshots shown here and what i observed in my monitor while playing RE5 PS3 demo are strikingly different. I wonder how on earth these PS3 comparison screenshots were so downgraded. I would actually want to reply to these by uploading the screenshots observed from my monitor itself. I just don't want to do that to create trouble for the person who posted these pics.

all the PS3 screenshots from shanty town and Public Assembly are fake and manipulated to favour 360. And don't misguide console buyers over such fake screenshots. I am really aggravated and would strongly recommend a research to be conducted by whoever posted it.
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: Double posting.

Comment

• Don't know if anyone ever confirmed whether or not the Japanese PS3 demo from December was any different from the PSN demo released in Europe and US recently, but if they are the same; you might want to check the connectors on your screen when you hook up the PC or something.

The shots in the comparison (as with pretty much all comparisons we've had and stuff done by Dot50Cal for other games, platforms and such) are done via Component, 720p on an HD capturing card.

No additional voodoo applied but what the PS3 spits out through its lousy component output (and ofcourse the picture is gonna look more crisp and clean over HDMI, just as it will on the 360 too).

Comment

• Also remember that the component video and other inputs on the monitor likely vary in their settings. I know component looks like garbage on my monitor, which is just a settings issue as it looks fine through my capture card via component (and thus, displayed on HDMI).

Comment

• Originally posted by GameAnalyser View Post
          The screenshots which was displayed here i had scrolled down to each to view the comparison and observed for myself in my HD LCD. The ps3 screenshots shown here and what i observed in my monitor while playing RE5 PS3 demo are strikingly different. I wonder how on earth these PS3 comparison screenshots were so downgraded. I would actually want to reply to these by uploading the screenshots observed from my monitor itself. I just don't want to do that to create trouble for the person who posted these pics.

all the PS3 screenshots from shanty town and Public Assembly are fake and manipulated to favour 360. And don't misguide console buyers over such fake screenshots. I am really aggravated and would strongly recommend a research to be conducted by whoever posted it.
          1) PS3 analog out sucks. It will naturally look pretty bad.

2) Capture cards provide a direct image, TV's naturally look better (fuck if I know why, just does)

3) Dot's comparison is from the disc-based PS3 demo, which may be an older build.

4) It's harder to see the differences in motion.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• all i know is this. its doesn't matter what console the game looks better all it matters that the game is going to be badass big time!

Comment

• Well I think I'll most likely get the PS3 version since I have one of the older xboxes and its most likely going to die way before my trusty PS3 does. I really hope the graphics are sharpened up for the 13th.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameAnalyser View Post
                Don't question my integrity, thanks.

Comment

• I continue to agree with the comment in that it's very hard to see the difference in motion... but I played the US PS3 demo and then watched the 5min TGS trailer (which appears to be running the X360 cutscenes) and you can see some of the slight differences in filtering and textures in the executioner cutscene, but only because I was looking for specific things I knew didn't quite match from the screens already posted.

I'm going to be interested to see some screens of the finished products side by side that's for sure.
                  Last edited by Rombie; 02-18-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• what about the specular or bump maps and shadows which were higher resolution in 360? have been improved since the japan PS3 build? I remember, for example, that piece of rotten meat on the table. It was a little more detailed in the 360 version (almost unnoticeable without a comparisson side by side)
                    Last edited by albert; 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• As far as I can see, its the same. The only thing I noticed that was improved was the specular map loading times as indicated by that gif I put a few pages back.

I will absolutely revist this when I get the final versions, but it definitely wont be as in-depth. But the one good thing is, it'll be done with HDMI captures. Likely, Ill have this done before the release of the US one, since I am importing both Biohazard versions.

Comment

• Nice dedication, Dot.

Importing both versions? You glorious bastard. I know it's been said numerous times by many people on here but I'm really looking forward to the retail comparison. Not as fanboy fodder but just out of my own graphics-whore-ish curiousity.

I'm getting the PS3 version regardless because I prefer the pad and it's my main system with my gaming community on it.

Comment

• Slightly unrelated, but...Capcom strikes again:

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-...p-$1270459.htm
                          Last edited by Amphion; 02-18-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Well that bodes very well for this PS3 owner.

Not a game-breaking difference but lazy nonetheless. Here's hoping RE5's massive team and budget (and larger emphasis on visuals) yields a different outcome from Capcom.

Comment

• Euro Demo seems to be a build or two ahead.

never heard anyone give any word on differences from the builds or any dates.

As more demo's come out (US, Europe), I'll check them against the shots here. If theres any change, I'll note it.
                              Well guys I observed some of the shader textures of PS3 Euro demo(released on FEB 2) of RE5 and found it to better than the japanese build.The euro version is supposed to be an advanced build.
                              We need to wait till 13th of March to make the comparison of final retail versions.

Comment

• That Street Fighter 4 comparison is hilarious. There's like - no difference whatsoever. Aside from some slight edging differences but that's like it, and is impossible to tell in motion.
                                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X