No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw the Marshes section in motion today on the Xbox 360 and the difference between the two versions is day and night.

And seriously, let's be honest, there's hardly any screen tear on the 360 version, I noticed one during a cutscene and that was it.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• There is a difference of 6Hz or so between the marshes on the two systems when stressed alongside the reflections; almost like comparing an incomplete version to the complete one. As for the screen tear, as Richard (aka grandmaster) noted, it's at the bottom of the screen and during cutscenes.
      Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 03-16-2009, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Despite all these comparisons and fanboys considering their own superior versions ...it still seems a lot many are yet buying ps3 version...and with worldwide total surpassing 360's..

Comment

• and your source is ?

ps3's selling more in japan obviously, but chart track sez 360 version is on top in the UK (and i assume rest of europe), and we won't know the US numbers until next month.
          Last edited by A-J; 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Checking in to say that the PS3 cutscenes have self shadowing in the retail

Comment

• Sales shouldn't be discussed here anyway.

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              and your source is ?

ps3's selling more in japan obviously, but chart track sez 360 version is on top in the UK (and i assume rest of europe), and we won't know the US numbers until next month.
              Sez? Says is merely an extra letter

Estimates from some sources via vgchartz. The UK is just one out of several European markets and the 360 is always ahead there.

There is no doubt that the US sales will be in favor of the 360, but the question is by how much. I was actually shocked to see that the 360 version of SFIV was only 11% ahead in the US. The PS3 version is ahead worldwide much like DMC4 before it.

Comment

• Estimates from some sources via vgchartz
                i don't think you should be taking those numbers seriously :p

VGchartz is widely regarded fake ..

but yeah, screw sales. Seeing as how SFIV did surprisingly well, i have high hopes for this game too. Also, nice to read that the final build of the PS3 version isn't as gimped as the demo was.
                Last edited by A-J; 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• VGchartz is only regarded as fake when it doesn't fit a flame war argument. While not 100% accurate, it's a pretty good source.

And sadly, the game is gimped in many little ways that add up. The cutscenes are more coherent than the 360 since there is no tearing but that's about the only edge the version has.

Comment

• Stop the sales talk please. This isn't the right thread.

Comment

• I just got the PS3 version. I noticed that the reflections on the boat stage are present during cutscenes only. Does this mean that the cutscenes are from the 360 version? I also noticed that the cutscenes also have a greenish tint to them which is what the 360 version has.

The PS3 version still has reflections on certain stages especially the stage after the boat stage.Overall, I am pleased with the PS3 version. The sharpness has improved from the demo as well aside from the frame rates, although I can't shake the feeling that this is RE4 PS2 all over again especially with the cutscenes.
                      Last edited by Ermac83; 03-21-2009, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Well, I succumbed.

Grabbed the Red 360 Limited Edition w/ Resident Evil 5 today and my personal verdict:

It's like comparing the PS2/GC version of RE4, The PS3 is essentially the same game, it generally even looks the same, but it's all in the details.

And in the details I mean extra smoke clouds.etc. throughout (not a lot but it's there), aliasing that simply destroys the PS3 image quality, there really isn't a jaggy in sight, a totally consistant frame rate with no noticable dips at all - compared to the PS3 where firing a machine gun hampers the frames thanks to V-sync.

And I was counting during my recent 3 hour playthrough and counted 4 torn frames, terrible(!), compared to the consistant frame rate dropping of the PS3 version.

My final point, (and I've not hit the marshes properly yet but that'll no doubt come tomorrow), but have you witnessed the truck going over on the bridge?! 360 version has full smoke/sparks and shattered glass, as opposed to *nothing* occuring on the PS3 version, it's actually pretty shocking if you are striving to play the best version on offer.

And I don't know how far this can go really but I run both the PS3 and 360 through a superb surround kit, and the 360 version had a much, much more pronounced surround track to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                          Well, I succumbed.

Grabbed the Red 360 Limited Edition w/ Resident Evil 5 today and my personal verdict:

It's like comparing the PS2/GC version of RE4, The PS3 is essentially the same game, it generally even looks the same, but it's all in the details.

And in the details I mean extra smoke clouds.etc. throughout (not a lot but it's there), aliasing that simply destroys the PS3 image quality, there really isn't a jaggy in sight, a totally consistant frame rate with no noticable dips at all - compared to the PS3 where firing a machine gun hampers the frames thanks to V-sync.

And I was counting during my recent 3 hour playthrough and counted 4 torn frames, terrible(!), compared to the consistant frame rate dropping of the PS3 version.

My final point, (and I've not hit the marshes properly yet but that'll no doubt come tomorrow), but have you witnessed the truck going over on the bridge?! 360 version has full smoke/sparks and shattered glass, as opposed to *nothing* occuring on the PS3 version, it's actually pretty shocking if you are striving to play the best version on offer.

And I don't know how far this can go really but I run both the PS3 and 360 through a superb surround kit, and the 360 version had a much, much more pronounced surround track to it.
                          Yes i notice this too but there is something with the ps3 version that i like but i don't know what it is well either way im sticking with the xbox 360 version since my sorround sound goes (for reasons i cant explain) better with the 360. I wish i had enough money to buy a Bose surround systerm.

Comment

• I think including a 1080p upscaling option would help the image quality out, especially the aliasing problems. I am not a tech junkie, but upscaling does not stress the processor unless if it's native 1080p. Even though the effects and texture quality may not be up to par with the 360, at least upscaling the game might help eliminate the aliasing issues at least.

Comment

• I honestly don't think there's anything in the textures, not without a microscope, but the sheer amount of lacking special effects is a real shame, and like Dot pointed out in his comparion, the shadowing is much better too.

Comment

• I had a lot of screentearing in 1080p when I first played Resi 5 on my 360, but when I brought it down to 720p it's barely noticeable and the graphics are gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                                X