No announcement yet.

Biohazard 5 Demo Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a bug in Capcom's engine. The person who did the comparison couldn't replicate the tearing everyone was experiencing aside from the one he noted. It's been a stable of the engine, including low resolution particles (present on all versions but PC ports like DMC4 and LP)

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post

It's like comparing the PS2/GC version of RE4, The PS3 is essentially the same game, it generally even looks the same, but it's all in the details.

And I don't know how far this can go really but I run both the PS3 and 360 through a superb surround kit, and the 360 version had a much, much more pronounced surround track to it.
    First off, congrats, particularly that the new Jasper units have better heat sinks.

I wouldn't compare them to the RE4 version differences simply because assets are the same. Same character models, textures, with the differences being the frame rate and effects. QAA blurs out the the textures on the PS3 though, and the water in the first marshlands area is terrible. Going in the village area and the following chapter, they're different maps. They both have dynamic AA, and they're off when the action is heavy, but being QAA on the PS3, when it's off completely, it's really jarring and aliasing sticks out like a sore thumb.

The more you play, you'll notice the absence of effects and lower resolution shadows. They're all noted in the Eurogamer/Digital Foundry comparison, aside from the bug that Dot noted. If you pay attention, it's throughout the game. The sound thing is odd because all developers run DD at 640Kbps on the PS3 VS. 485Kbps on the 360 so the volume at the very least is higher on the PS3 even if the samples are the same. Placebo effect in place I suppose; and my setup is more than competent (it's not a home theatre on a box but I didn't spend $6000 on it either)

Overall, for someone who has both, the 360 version is definitely the one to get. In fact, I'll go ahead and recommend blind buys with 360 versions of all Capcom games, since even if the PS3 version is better, the differences aren't as pronounced.

I've finished the game on both, though I've only got the full trophies list and I don't intend on getting back the 360 to get the full list. The rest of the meat after doing all there is in single player is online, and aside from two months, I never paid for XBL.
    Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ermac83 View Post
      I just got the PS3 version. I noticed that the reflections on the boat stage are present during cutscenes only. Does this mean that the cutscenes are from the 360 version? I also noticed that the cutscenes also have a greenish tint to them which is what the 360 version has.
      Nope, the cutscenes run realtime on both console but they've got dedicated modes hence the loading times before and after them.

As I noted, going in the following chapter and even in the marshlands stage after you get all the pieces, the water mapping is completely different.

Comment

• First off, congrats, particularly that the new Jasper units have better heat sinks.
        i ran my falcon-arcade for like 4 hours straight when we were doing the ending of the live run with me and dot

the later model falcon's are FTW as well :p
        Last edited by A-J; 03-22-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• well im just happy the game came out after 4 long years.

Comment

• The effects on that electric rod weapon looks really flashy and lights up the surroundings on the 360 version really nicely, while on the ps3, the effects are less stellar and the lighting is poor.

Comment

• i didnt really notice this but it was more flashy on the 360 version but the lighting was about the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                I'll go ahead and recommend blind buys with 360 versions of all Capcom games
                and i say buy 90% of ports on 360 because half of them are total crap on PS3 .
                Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                First off, congrats, particularly that the new Jasper units have better heat sinks.
                and congrats on microsoft coming up with a new failure , error 74 it didn't even take them a month, that must be one hell of a record.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThWorldGreatest View Post
                  and i say buy 90% of ports on 360 because half of them are total crap on PS3 .

and congrats on microsoft coming up with a new failure , error 74 it didn't even take them a month, that must be one hell of a record.

Speaking of that error. I'm a new victim. My july 26th 2006 console is finally biting the dust. Time for the x-clamp kit to get here! Looks like I'll be playing RE5 on my PS3 after all! Oh well

Comment

• I still can't wrap my mind around the concept of compulsory installation for console games. It bewilders me. I'm a PC gamer though and I'm dissaproving so few or none of you are playing RE5 on the PC.

Comment

• It is an awesome comparison of the Biohazard 5 demo which is the new released for both Xbox 360 and playstation 3. Both of them have a huge differences regarding the graphics. According to me Xbox 360 has more AA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugotenshi View Post
                        I still can't wrap my mind around the concept of compulsory installation for console games. It bewilders me. I'm a PC gamer though and I'm dissaproving so few or none of you are playing RE5 on the PC.
                        I think noone has a beast PC that can run it, I know i don't

But yes ive seen some high end shots running on PC's on NEOgaf and wow they shit all over the PS3 and 360 versions.

But if I had to say it I would say my 360 version looks sharper then the PS3, yet I find the draw distance is better on the PS3. I do notice alot of jaggies in the frame refresh rate on the 360 too.. that really puts me off playing it.

Im happy to take some photos of the draw distance if people want.
                        Last edited by DONNIemo; 06-28-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Not sure this needed a bump for someone to say their are "huge" differences in the graphics? There obviously isn't.

Originally posted by Shugotenshi View Post
                          I still can't wrap my mind around the concept of compulsory installation for console games. It bewilders me. I'm a PC gamer though and I'm dissaproving so few or none of you are playing RE5 on the PC.
                          Why would a "PC gamer" be "bewildered" at the idea of installing a game, regardless of it's format? Surely they're all installed for the same reason?

Further to that...why be disapproving that a franchise that started it's life on the home consoles is continued to be played on consoles at this point? Seems perfectly understandable to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                            I think noone has a beast PC that can run it
                            A beast? My 3 years old computer runs it at max settings in 1680*1050 at a constant 50fps with a 8800GTX.

This game is very, very well optimized.

Comment

• ^ The glory of console->PC ports (that aren't called Assassin's Creed or The Force Unleashed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                A beast? My 3 years old computer runs it at max settings in 1680*1050 at a constant 50fps with a 8800GTX.

This game is very, very well optimized.
                                Well that still sounds like a beast to me, I only have a crappy Acer Aspire 5600, lol It can run Doom3 very well, and suprisingly HalfLife2 but nothing else

Comment

Working...
                                X