No announcement yet.

True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, the entire book is fully translated. It's just that all the files are on my desktop and I haven't had the time to proofread it both forwards and backwards. Was kinda hoping to have that done a couple of months back, but things have been a bit of a rollercoaster on the work front lately.

(For anyone who's read the stuff that's been up for quite some time: You might have noticed that a lot of stuff is a bit "rough". Nothing was ever proofread or spell-checked before being put online. Nothing is directly "wrong" with the translation aspect of things, it's just that some stuff is written in a bit of good ol' "Scandinavian English" and some translated terms aren't compliant with the official Biohazard<->Resident Evil translations)

Comment

• That's ok Carnivol, I don't mind if there is a few mistakes here and there I just wanna finish reading the thing. If you want send it to me and I'll read it all let you know how bad it is. I'll even edit it for you got nothing better to do this week.

Comment

• Any chance of this being up for christmas?
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Oh, you shouldn't have to worry about that. I think.

As far as my end of the bargain goes, I'll be done long before that (unless someone lands a jet in my garden or something)

Comment

• New donation drive - buy Carn a anti-aircraft system!

Comment

• Hi, pretty new around here and I've just stumbled upon this and it's damn awesome. I was just wondering if there is a .rar version of this because I can then put the books onto my iPod which would be pretty amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fivebyfive View Post
                Hi, pretty new around here and I've just stumbled upon this and it's damn awesome. I was just wondering if there is a .rar version of this because I can then put the books onto my iPod which would be pretty amazing.

Once the full book is up, there might be a download of some sort, as I was once talking about making a simple "do it yourself" guide on how to print and bind your own English version of the book.
                (Those files will be colored in the opening section with Trevor's stupid letter and stuff, but the rest of it should be entirely black&white, as those are meant to be printed on pre-colored paper or just white... if that's your thing)

I just need to find the time to wrap up a few tiny things now and Dot50Cal will just have to insert everything and upload stuff. I suppose you could say that Christmas probably comes early this year (or maybe Christmas never arrived a few years ago... you decide)

Comment

• Get cracking on it Carn I'm looking into another way of having it bound professionally into a real book. More on that later though.

Comment

• Well, duh, there's always professional ways of having it done through printing services and such (believe there are even online stores that lets you upload documents and have them printed+bound and then shipped to you)

Anyway, I'm just juggling a few things these days. There's a whole lot of "almost complete" stuff I'm doing for a lot of people right now (seems like Christmas is when everyone wants their stuff to be done these days)

Comment

• Since I'm pretty much almost done with this now (just skimming through pages again), I'd like to ask anyone who's read the stuff that's already been up on the site for a tiny forever to join a fun little game;

Find me 3 (or more) mistakes in the text that aren't related to spelling or grammar.
                      (DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 3!)

There are no rewards or anything, I just wanna see if anyone else caught a few of the oddities that snuck themselves into the incomplete initial draft that was put up earlier.

Comment

• So, hows it coming? I'm still not sure what part you are "stuck" on.

Comment

• So how's the progress on this project? I can't wait to read the interview part!
                          If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• When it's done!

(Nah. I suspect that whenever Dot50Cal gets the final files into his hands, they'll be there until the RE1 stuff starts going online.)

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            So, hows it coming? I'm still not sure what part you are "stuck" on.
                            Darn. Didn't see this one.
                            That's what you get for being offline so much. Anyway, ping me this weekend or something. And, oh, Björn was looking at the old uploads... and I think he wants you to improve on your lettering skills

Comment

• The hypothetical THIA sections on Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 1.5 are looking like vaporware. They were anounced a long, long, long time ago but nothing ever came of them. I remember way back when Alzaire had said he was working on a Resident Evil 1.5 section but that never came to fruition.

Comment

• Your point is what? That it's conceivable people on the internet might have more pressing matters in their lives than pleasing nerds?

Comment

Working...
                                X