No announcement yet.

True Story Behind Biohazard Translation Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's really not my problem if you misunderstand me and I have more pressing matters in my life than to worry about you understanding or misinterpreting me. Sounds like you have a personal problem to me. These forums really aren't the place for that. I'm not interested in their personal lives or yours.

Oh and my point was, why anounce something that isnt going to happen. They should've waited to anounce a RE1 section until they were ready to launch it instead of creating unecessary hype. Which you fail to recognize because you obviously believe your both infallible and inerrant, which you are not remotely either. My point is, they said they were going to do something they didnt do. And I dont need a point in order to say something and I don't need your permission to say anything.
    Last edited by Shugotenshi; 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• If i misunderstand, maybe you could enlighten me as to why you felt the need to post what you did?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
        If i misunderstand, maybe you could enlighten me as to why you felt the need to post what you did?
        No. I don't need nor want to. I don't have to explain myself to you. Nor do I need your permission to say something or write something. I neither need nor want it. You post hostile comments toward me without even knowing me, thats fine. But sooner or later the mods will take notice that your hostile to just about everyone.

Comment

• Yeah funnily enough, i can be hostile when people want to question the integrity of a site i enjoy visiting.

And if i'm hostile to just about everyone, it's because just about everyone isn't worthy of my respect, a trait that needs to be earned, not given.

But anyway, we can establish that you don't really care about the content your original post spoke of, so i'll just leave you to whatever drama you want to start.

Comment

• Sir, this a community forum. People don't need your permission to speak. And so you know, I'm reporting you to one of the THIA staff for being a belligerent control freak and trying to flame me. I feel its fair that I tell you I'll be speaking to the appropriate THIA staff about it.....well, whenever I find out who the appropriate mod to talk to is. I'm not familiar with THIA management.

Comment

• Generally, it's Darkmoon, Carnivol, or Alexia Ashford who will deal with this sort of thing. You've seen the Banned Topic, they're the people who will be of most benefit to you.

My, you're one to preach about hostility aren't you?

Just for the record though, i never once said you couldn't speak? Not sure where you got that from. Just so we're clear when you do your report of the situation.

Comment

• The RE1 and 1.5 sections will come to fruition. Unfortunately there have been a lot of delays. Dot50 is working on the site redesign first, then he needs to finish the RE1 section. The 1.5 section will come after. I apologize for its huge delay (I talked about my feature project for it almost 2 years ago, I know), and anyone who talks to me frequently knows I'm eager to see the section up. But Dot is in control and he wants to complete the sections in order after the redesign.

Is it taking too long? Even I'd say yes. Difficult to look forward to anything when it is taking an indeterminable amount of time to get even 1 section up. Part of the issue is Dot wants to be thorough, and is ripping videos, scanning magazines, recording video and documenting all of the in-game aspects, ect. all out of his own collection and obtaining things he doesn't have, rather than just relying on other people's media and info on the net. The other main issue though is these things were talked about and began when we had a lot of time, but little motivation to bulldoze through it and get them online, and now we have the desire to see things done, but very little time.

Be assured, though, they will happen. They should be worth it in the end, unless you don't care about (some exclusive/unseen) beta information/media that may pop up in some of them. There is already quite a bit of work done on both the RE1 and 1.5 material, so it's not like we announced things and just aren't doing anything.

But until then, I apologize on my behalf for the 1.5 section delay. I didn't realize Dot and I would postpone it this long. I know I could create my own separate feature for it and post it, but I still would rather work with him when he's ready and create it as an extensive section on this site.
                sigpic

Comment

• Well, the RE1 playthrough thread has a bit of insight into what you'll be seeing for the RE1 section. But there are plenty of surprises coming for it.

I can even tell you that part of the content that'll be available in it is entirely unseen content and I finished my part of that stuff back in the summer of 2007 or something

Yeah... I know we're a bit slow with certain things. But we've got lives and jobs and all that (+other commitments). TSBB donation project was a test that probably wont happen again (asking for future community donations, that is) - but future projects and content will still be as thorough as the current site features and as content heavy as (if not even more in-depth than) the Resident Evil 4 trial edition feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugotenshi View Post
                    Sir, this a community forum. People don't need your permission to speak. And so you know, I'm reporting you to one of the THIA staff for being a belligerent control freak and trying to flame me. I feel its fair that I tell you I'll be speaking to the appropriate THIA staff about it.....well, whenever I find out who the appropriate mod to talk to is. I'm not familiar with THIA management.
                    You do know saying your gonna report a user to a mod is considered trolling.

And besides he hasn't posted any negative comments on you. You took it the wrong way.
                    Your point is what? That it's conceivable people on the internet might have more pressing matters in their lives than pleasing nerds?
                    If i misunderstand, maybe you could enlighten me as to why you felt the need to post what you did?
                    He asked for an explanation on why you posted your first comment on this thread.
                    Yeah funnily enough, i can be hostile when people want to question the integrity of a site i enjoy visiting.

And if i'm hostile to just about everyone, it's because just about everyone isn't worthy of my respect, a trait that needs to be earned, not given.

But anyway, we can establish that you don't really care about the content your original post spoke of, so i'll just leave you to whatever drama you want to start.
                    Stu is just being Stu. Not a lot of people read his post properly and jump to conclusion that he is being hostile.

Comment

• So when are we likely to see this completed feature then? I appreciate everyone is really busy with other things but it seems a shame to have it just sit there if it really has been completed and people have donated to get it done. Can you not just put it up in plain text format and just add all the bells and whistles at a later date? At least that way everyone can finally read it.
                      "I've got 100 cows."
                      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Before Dot50Cal went on his World of Warcraft streak (which has lasted longer than expected), the plan was to put it all up --along with the edited reuploads of what's already online-- roughly around the time the RE1 section was to be going online. The RE1 section is being tinkered with by yours truly right now, with some external contributions, but currently without access to any of the assets Dot50Cal made when he was actively working on it.

I've been considering just putting it all up myself (since I'm the one sitting on all the final text assets at the moment), but I keep forgetting to ask Dot50Cal for the page templates and line-art scans every time I've had the chance to exchange a few words with. Sorry about that.

But, yes, TSBB is also kinda the reason why we're not doing anymore donation drives (for now, anyway) and going entirely self-funded on everything. Fortunately, the majority of the funding came from the site staff... But still, we'll have to live with this shame for a while.

I'm currently crossing off things on a gigantic list of to-dos that I've got (not just RE-stuff, since I'm a man of many tasks and favors), but TSBB is pretty high up on that list.

What's basically left is the bells 'n' whistles part + double checking a few things in the later chapters that I just never got around to looking up additional sources for (consistency/terminology stuff). No worries, we're not rewriting it or anything. Anything noteworthy will come with footnotes now and everything.

I dunno if it was mentioned before in this thread, but there were some "issues" in the parts that're already up.

Best samples would be the inconsistent translation of Spencer's title (and the accidental Oswell instead of Ozwell). We accidently used "Sir" instead of "Lord." The source text uses the same honorific title as was at least used in the Japanese version of Code: Veronica, so using the same translation as Code: Veronica did is kinda obvious. There's also this tiny little thing about a certain statue. Think the current text says something like "Statue of the Goddess Rodin," but it should be a "Goddess Statue by Rodin," as in by THE Auguste Rodin. Basically, the Japanese text just said something that pretty much would be the equivalent of saying "Rodin Goddess." Another thing that we forgot to add notes about is the hilarity of the "accident" with Billy's plane. (It kinda didn't just say that it crashed in the "ocean" - it was supposed to say more, but it just kinda didn't make it into the page). We were actually gonna bring up all of these things on the last podcast, when we were doing all the fan fic readings and stuff, but it kinda just vanished.

Feel free to bump/ask, though. I'll try to keep people as informed as I can. Just gotta keep crossing stuff off that to-do list.

Comment

• Okay, thanks for clarifying.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Ill come on todayish carn, off work. I can send those templates your way since this has really become more of your thing now what with the translations and all.

Comment

• Hi all. Just wondering how the editing is coming along. If it's mostly a matter of adding the translated text to an image, I can offer some assistance with that. I have, I believe, all of the proper tools at my disposal.

Please let me know if there's something I can do to help! I'd love to see this feature see completion!

Comment

• I just stumbled across this website whilst Google searching: http://bbs.cri.cn/showtopic-109739-2.aspx

There *appears* to be a fully translated copy of "Biohazard The Beginning" by Hiroyuki Ariga. I can't speak for the quality of the translation, but if it can be useful I'd urge you guys to check it out.

The story is in it's entirety on page 2 of the thread referenced above.

Comment

Working...
                                X