No announcement yet.

The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woah! Dude! That's amazing! I don't own the PC version, but that looks waaay better than the console counterparts! Well done!

Comment

• Albert's skills are amazing..

.50 you might want to look to these mods too:

Re4 Ps 2.0 Bloom Mod - edit Download this one: http://files.filefront.com/Sin+City+.../fileinfo.html

Improved Cut Scenes V2.0

High Definition Game Objects

The PC version is slowly becoming the best looking version of the game.. (We still need Real Time Cutscenes & Dynamic Lighting)
      Last edited by doomed; 03-28-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Yep, I seen the Improved Cutscenes, but I question why he kept them at that resolution. Its obviously the wrong aspect ratio. I was thinking of doing my own pack for those, since I have the ability to record 480p videos of them ;)

Comment

• I think that this is the correct aspect ratio for the PC version. I mean the game resizes them to the correct one to play them back.

I actually contacted him a while ago and asked him if he would be interested in collaborating with you to create a new pack, since you can get high quality captures from the Wii edition. (None of us have the high quality hardware you have)

Perhaps you can do this on your own, from your posts on several other forums I understand you have a great knowledge of video capturing/encoding.

Oh man, please make this happen!! XD

Comment

• Well if its 16:9, the videos are fullscreen, so that right there should show you that you should aim for a 16:9 ratio. The game adds black borders if you are running 4:3, or 16:10.

I'll probably do one, but if I do, I'd like to bundle it with the other mods to improve the game (namely Albert's). The HD Game Models one looks interesting, but I dont like how he strayed too far from some of the original concepts of the game (such as the herb mixture icons, I think they look bad in the tube form on your inventory). I wish more people would follow Albert's lead, and improve on the game using the existing assets as a base, and not to modify major things too far from the original. I think thats the way to go.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-28-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• I checked the original videos that came with the game and they are 512x336. (Aspect Ratio = 1.5) The PS2 ones use the same aspect ratio as well. He didn't make a mistake.

The HD Game Models one looks interesting, but I dont like how he strayed too far from some of the original concepts of the game (such as the herb mixture icons, I think they look bad in the tube form on your inventory). I wish more people would follow Albert's lead, and improve on the game using the existing assets as a base, and not to modify major things too far from the original. I think thats the way to go.
              I agree, I hate drastic changes, but I can live with the little ones he made.

These are two other mods I like:

Viper Snake's Hair for Leon
              Viper Snake's Hair for Ada

Too bad Viper Snake quit modding RE4 and didn't make improved hair for Ashley..

Comment

• Well no, he didnt make a mistake, he followed what was on the game, which are anamorphic videos. But all they did was stretch them to get that resolution, so any benefits are lost. Its best to just resize them to what the game will use, a 16:9 aspect ratio, as they are just "squeezed" down to that resolution anyway. You're just wasting bandwidth otherwise.

The white lines on the hair kill it, he should have lowered the resolution to minimize that effect.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-28-2008, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Well no, he didnt make a mistake, he followed what was on the game, which are anamorphic videos. But all they did was stretch them to get that resolution, so any benefits are lost. Its best to just resize them to what the game will use, a 16:9 aspect ratio, as they are just "squeezed" down to that resolution anyway. You're just wasting bandwidth otherwise.
                  Ok.. I'm waiting for your captures to "proper" his release!

Comment

• Maybe you'll get the RPD costume ones as a bonus, if you want to play through with those as well

Comment

• Yay!

Comment

• Mark, do you know anything about playstation .hmd file formats?

Is there a way to convert them to .tmd?

Comment

• I was bored (damn! 5 months to the RE5 release!!! aaargghhh!!), so I spent some of my free time editing the bio2 beta version song of "The First Malformation of G" which is very similar to one of the bio1.5 trailer songs but it's not exactly the same song...

I edited the psf file from bio2beta in order to delete some tones and then I took the missing tones from "This Is My Nest" theme (the psf file, too) and mixed them with "Audition". So, no captured/extracted from crappy audio quality trailers were used! and now... it sounds exactly the same bio1.5 trailer song!

10MB - uncompressed wav file ;)

Last edited by albert; 10-28-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• I know threads shouldn't be bumped without a reason and this question i'm gonna ask i semi important too my project i'm currently working on. Ok basically I'm over on the facepunch studios forum and basically I'm trying too create a resident evil ragdoll pack for release so far i've gotten pretty much every enemy off remake ripped they just need rigging

now the reason i'm asking here is because I'm trying too also rip the models from resident evil outbreak so far as far as i know i have the main program that can rip the actual files from the discs what i am lacking is the main program needed too extract all the files needed so that i can use the other program too get the model files, so basically what i am asking is there anyone at all who can run me through how i would go about getting the files ripped so that i can release these models in the pack whoever helps me gets creditied with the pack release, if that can't be done that's fine i just thought i'd ask.
                            Last edited by DXP; 05-04-2009, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Damn I wish I could help you out, looks great man. I especially like the forest rips, it's cool seeing the comrarison between his human and zombie look lol.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Looks like someone made a .arc extractor, but it seems to corrupt the files? The source is included too

Comment

Working...
                                X