New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Monsters Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Resident Evil Revelations 2 Monsters Revealed

Capcom have just revealed some new screenshots for the new monsters in RE Revelations 2.

Here are the info:
    Revenant - a creature made up of multiple bodies sewn together. Very tough and presents a real challenge even when facing just one of them. The virus that has multiplied inside them forms a 'core' which is a weak point you can attack for massive damage. If you use Natalia's special ability you can “see” where the core is on each enemy.
    Othrus - wild beasts infected by some kind of virus. Small, nimble and vicious, they attack in packs, so it's best to try to take each one out as soon as possible before they overwhelm you. They have been spotted in both Claire and Barry's sections.
    Sploder - A mutated version of the Afflicted. The pustules on their body can potentially explode when attacked so make sure you take them out from a distance. Their explosions releases a vile liquid which can blind the player, perhaps Moira's flashlight can keep them at bay?
    Check out the link for the pictures.

I dig the skeletal decomposed afflicted, but the Sploder? Are they really so out of ideas that they're just going to use the 'Boomer' from L4d? Here are the same shots without dealing with facebook.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-06-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

It's more likely the equivalent to the Ooze Chunk from RER, and the Orthus is the classic infected dog you can't miss in any RE. Don't really mind repeated enemies but at least I hope they just don't copy-paste animations from previous games' enemies.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I wonder who made the rule that for an enemy to be scary, it has to be covered in barbed wire in one form or another. Looking at you, Evil Within!

Comment

most people complain that it's not scary but I think they forget most of them are older players and it would take a lot more these days to scare you. It also depends on what noises these monsters make , I do miss the old days when you would step into a room and you would hear the monster before you see it from the Lickers claws tapping and the Licker going hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , to the pita patter of dog feet around a corner.
          I wonder if can avoid the Revenant with stealth , or do we have to 100% kill it.

Comment

Nothing will be scary to be honest if they're already showing pics/screenshots of the enemies and telling you what they are, how they attack and how you're supposed to deal with them, what they do is actually killing any horror potential from these enemies, as they did it before too.

You have more chances to actually get frightened when you find an enemy you just don't know shit about and have no idea how to deal with, rather than having intel on every creature before you even play the game.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I miss RE enemies that look like classic RE enemies, at this point I'd be happy to see the unused gorillas from 1.5 than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
                I wonder who made the rule that for an enemy to be scary, it has to be covered in barbed wire in one form or another. Looking at you, Evil Within!
                Uninspired Re4 Iron Maiden rince and repeat.

Comment

Silent Hill-ish enemies. That dog enemy looks like Frankenweenie.

Comment

Well, the games design so far feels like a fuck you to Shinji Mikami's "Evil Within". Its got its share of similarities from the afflicted character designs to the spinning blades.

While I am aware that similarities in Survival horror are always present, these are really close for comfort so far.
                    Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-10-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Revenant guy looks like the artwork of that monster from RE4 beta shown by News Bot.

The boomer copy is not worse than its description.

Comment

This midquel actually feels like it is the successor to Code: Veronica. Think about it: Claire, a prison, an island, a co-survivor and someone comes to the rescue. Chris / Barry.

Comment

I do kind of like that the enemies appear to be motivic in the sense of either diseased flesh or pieced together viscera. It carries on RER's own deal of grey marine-based blobs. With that said, though, I only read the descriptions and did not look at any screenshots. For a 40 buck experience that is more or less under my radar, I don't see the purpose of digging deep before release.

Comment

Personally I'll wait for A: peoples reviews of the game and B: it to go on sale on steam. Capcom hasn't done anything to make me want to pay full price for one of their titles.

Comment

Working...
                            X