No announcement yet.

Umbrella Chronicles abbreviated intro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE GAME ISN'T RELEASED YET SO DON'T COMPLAIN. IT COULD CONNECT THE STORY BETTER THAN YOU THINK.
    It probably will. But that's not what I was saying. =P

The main 3 scenarios are almost definatly going to be nothing but non-canon fodder. I can't really see them adding anything. It'll be MORE likely that the sub-scenarios will be the definitive canon versions.

Also caps lock is cruise control for cool amirite
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
      Don't be surprised when you play the game and you don't find the RE2 scenario .
      Ada and hunk were in RE2. No?

also. It's kind of hard to have canon in a nonlinear game that has multiple endings. In RE1 Barry or Rebbecca has to die yet in RE2 there is a file that says Rebbecca is alive and in RE3 it says Barry is still Kicking. So...are those games not canon? Hell in Chris's scenario Barry dies right off the bat. There is no Direct story of what does or does not happen except for the Wesker reports.
      on that note. All of the characters should be zombies because they've been bitten and infected with the T-virus.
      It's too nonlinear and UC should be the definative story. Or since this whole thing is what's on the Umbrella files These events might not exactly what happened.
      the game isn't out yet so just hold your criticisms. all of you. I'm not speaking directly to you Ciaren.
      Last edited by BLSR1; 11-03-2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
        Well, I'd say Resident Evil 2 was all about corporate...damn, can't remember the word.
        Espionage?

Anyway, I don't think the RE0, RE1, and RE3 scenarios are replacing the original games' storylines so much as they are supplemental material to the already established plots. Has Capcom stated one way or the other?

It may not necessarily be that they are retconning Barry out of continuity. We know, more or less, what happened to him after the mansion incident, whereas we haven't seen hide nor hair of Rebecca since the mansion incident outside of a file or two in RE2. I mean, she didn't even get her own epilogue file in RE3.

Maybe Capcom is focusing on Rebecca as opposed to Barry, because they want to explain just what happened to her after the events of RE1, assuming they explain this in the Richard/Rebecca scenario. If they don't at least give us an epilogue for her, then I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          Ada and hunk were in RE2. No?
          Well, Ada and Hunk were also in RE4 but that doesn't imply Mercenaries was based on RE2 scenario.

Notice, that all additional scenarios (Wesker's and Rebecca's) are reusing locations, enemies and characters that are in the main scenarios of UC. If Capcom want to put Ada in RE2 scenerio (which I hope they will do) they would need to use at least RE2 lab, and there's only few parts of it in RE Zero scenario.

And I agree with CiarenDevlin. Capcom should throw away RE0, RE1 and RE3 scenarios from UC, and instead of that put there sub-scenarios, or RE0/RE1/RE3 scenarios from a point of view of somebody else than main characters (ok, they did it with Wesker and RE0/RE1 - good Capcom), that would fill the story and patch all plot holes.

Also, as a comment to this video - awful VA. I really, really liked the ones in previous RE (even the one from RE1 o_O) but here -- it seems that no one even told actors what is the situation characters are in, and so characters' voices are sometimes completely out of place.
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-03-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

The main 3 scenarios are almost definatly going to be nothing but non-canon fodder.
            I c wut u did thar! Nice pun.

Seriously though, if I'm not mistaken, Capcom decided, not long after Resident Evil 2 was released, that both scenarios kinda meshed together to make them cannon. It's kinda weird, really, but what it means is that everyone who could survive the mansion, did. Chris, Jill, Barry, and Rebecca.

As for what versions are cannon, I, personally, am going by the assumption that REmake is the true story for 1, simply because the REmake stated it was. As for the other games, I have no bloody idea what's supposed to be cannon or not. Thanks Capcom!

Speaking of Capcom, It would be nice if they'd focus more on Rebecca, since we have no clue whatsoever where in the two toned, fuel injected, chrome plated, special edition of hell she's been. The odds of that, however, are kinda slim. Ambiguity and Capcom go hand in hand, after all.

Comment

They're probably going to pull Birkin's lab from RE:O and put Ada and hunk in it.

It says Ada, Hunk, and Wesker will be playable in Sub-Chapters so I assume Hunk's will be "the 4th survivor" and he'll have to retrieve the G-Virus.

Comment

If you've read the PrimaGames scenario guide that I posted a few days ago, these aren't spoilers.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                  If you've read the PrimaGames scenario guide that I posted a few days ago, these aren't spoilers.
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Last edited by BLSR1; 11-03-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I believe Spoiler:
                    at least, when you doesn't count Ada...

Uhm -- why was my post spoiler tagged? I believe every one here beat RE2 hundred times o_O
                    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-03-2007, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Like No duh.
                      Spoiler:
                      Last edited by BLSR1; 11-03-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Jesus christ people, spoiler tags! If someone spoiler tags something don't fucking come out and say it in the next post. If this keeps up I'll be giving infractions.

Comment

Like No duh.
                          Spoiler:
                          I wouldn't be surprised if they just called it that because they were too lazy to think of anything else.

I mean, they've already demonstrated how ridiculously lazy they can be with Umbrella Chronicles.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Jesus christ people, spoiler tags!...
                            Nice to see that i'm not the only one getting annoyed by this. I almost afraid to open another thread.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

What exactly aren't we allowed to spoil? Just UC? I would like to assume everyone here knows what happens in the previous games ;).

Anyways, it is more and more obvious that either 1) Capcom is retconning the previous games out of the picture by heralding in knew characters and excluding old ones or 2) you aren't meant to take these scenarios fabricated to give the players a reason to use two controllers serious consideration. I would like to think Capcom is above nullifying not only its past games, but past literature as well and I think that we as fans should be able to accept that UC is crafted for entertainment value first and plot second... or maybe third. Do not be surprised if the events don't make chronological sense, interactions go against canon, and the files are directly taken from Archives.
                              Last edited by Krispy; 11-04-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X