Prima UC Guide Preview, Famitsu Scores UC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prima UC Guide Preview, Famitsu Scores UC

Prima has released a preview for their Umbrella Chronicles guide. It can be viewed on their website or via the direct link below.

Famitsu has reviewed Umbrella Chronicles. Heres what they have to say:

* Difficult; even in easy, simple wandering enemies almost rise to the "miniboss" level
    * Multiplay is kinda fun
    * Most difficult bosses in a while
    * Lots of weapons, and it's fun just to blow things up
    * Zombie shuffling increases headshot difficulty
    * Pattern-learning helps to aim for weak spots
    * Practicing has a nice feeling of payoff
    32/40
    UC Guide Download (PDF)

Thanks to AJ for the Famitsu news!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM.

The Prima PDF preview wasn't too bad. It had no spoilers really, but exactly what I was looking for; the scenario list.

BioHazard 2's absence from this game gives me (probably false) hope that CAPCOM may be remaking it for a new console.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, there were few spoilers in this preview, like who is this Tyrant in white coat or that we will have to get through another laser corridor (damn you Anderson...).

And about remaking RE2 -- after playing RE4, and seeing trailers for RE5 and REUC I don't know if I would want Capcom to remake RE2 now. It seems that after RE4 big success Capcom keeps focusing on the "coolness" and action (vide wounded, all in bandages, Ada doing all those kicks, saltos etc.) and not the atmoshpere we know from previous RE games. I'm just worried that instead of remaking RE2 (like they did with RE1), they will just make RE4 in RE2 locations, with all those kicking enemies, button mashing, laser corridors etc. :/.

Comment

Most casual gamers that aren't RE fans regard RE2 as their favorite, so it wouldn't be surprising that they'd go shit it up like RE4 to please people.

It's too bad and I for one hope it doesn't happen, but it seems inevitable. This would only push RE5 farther down the line, too, and isn't it already slated for 2009?

If they remake RE2 they should just change their name to Cashcom.
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I've stayed away from taking a peek at the scenario list, but thats what I've wanted to know also, if anything from RE2 was in it. So not even an appearance by either Leon or Claire? Even if small...

Difficult; even in easy, simple wandering enemies almost rise to the "miniboss" level
          Has it been said if using a light gun has any advantage over using the remote on its own?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Rob View Post
            I've stayed away from taking a peek at the scenario list, but thats what I've wanted to know also, if anything from RE2 was in it. So not even an appearance by either Leon or Claire? Even if small...

Has it been said if using a light gun has any advantage over using the remote on its own?
            There may be a Leon or Claire cameo in the Ada chapters. Maybe when she drops off the Rocket Launcher for Leon.

I think the main reason they didn't do RE2 was because they wanted to focus on 2 man teams. They couldn't have Leon and Claire together without ruining the entire story. They gave us what they could. Although I might be wrong because I can't think of who would partner with Hunk. I know Ada might be with Wesker though.

Comment

In regards to the two-man teams...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                In regards to the two-man teams...

Spoiler:
                Oh ok, I didn't know that.
                Last edited by GalacticAE; 11-09-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah I was surprised too when they did that. I was really predicting that A and W would have a chapter together, but this obviously wasn't the case. Wonder what happens to "him" after he saves her?

Comment

Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                    There may be a Leon or Claire cameo in the Ada chapters. Maybe when she drops off the Rocket Launcher for Leon.

I think the main reason they didn't do RE2 was because they wanted to focus on 2 man teams. They couldn't have Leon and Claire together without ruining the entire story. They gave us what they could. Although I might be wrong because I can't think of who would partner with Hunk. I know Ada might be with Wesker though.
                    Even if they did short single Player scenarios for each character. For example, for Leon, showing/playing the events leading up to whichever way they're going to have Ada being seriously injured...which make's sense. Can't all of a sudden see her all battered. Then have Wesker reviving her, new players would be confused.."why does she look like she's just falling down an elevator shaft?"...have to have the events that lead up to her injuries. Maybe those events will be in a cutscene.

Comment

Yea, I think there will be cutscenes for RE2 in the form of illustrations. It looks a lot like Shinkiro's artwork so it should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                        Yea, I think there will be cutscenes for RE2 in the form of illustrations. It looks a lot like Shinkiro's artwork so it should be good.
                        If not playable scenarios, at least hope its actual cutscenes, and lengthy at that, and not just a series of 'artwork'. ...nothing against the artwork, but to put an important aspect of the series into a 'slideshow' of pics to explain a chapter, so to speak....not agreeable to myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X