Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that would be fun, to him, but to some off us, it's just plain annoying, plus, I really think that not all of us here are idiots, maybe a little majority but I cant contradict people like that so meh. Personally, If I had spent £150 on it, I would raise my money back up to £150, then release it, I just think it would be no loss to anyone then. But thats me and I'd never get a copy haha! Also, wouldn't Dot or any other Mods see their IP's? Able to see if its the curator?

Comment

Well, now he's aware they tracked him by it there are several things even the dimmest person can do to help avoid being caught. Of course, Dot and co may know how to get around most of those...

Comment

Things are gonna move faster now. I think if he's really got the game it'll be released pretty soon. It's the only way to apologize. If he does not, he hasn't got the game or that's definitely an authentic moron.

He had the chance to become a kinda hero by teasing the community then releasing the game ... and thus writting his nick straight down on "the history wall" but he prefered making fun of us, wiping definitely his name and his popularity out forever... without even getting any bucks from his BH1.5 copy O_o.

What kind of dude is he ? I really hope Dot will tell us because I'm sure is keeping on investigating so he'll find more about Curator for him to be eventually caught.
        Last edited by Ozwel; 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Dot has washed his hands of the matter. Curator had his chance, this entire thing could have easily been avoided. Dot told him he knew who he was in the e-mail he sent with our offer. Some kind of acknowledgment would have been helpful. But Dot was ignored. If he didn't want it traced back to his PSM e-mail account, he could just as easily sent Dot an e-mail from another address to let him know the situation. Honestly, even if that e-bay auction had maybe been for a more reasonable price, we might have still been willing to deal, but not at $125,000 with crappy comments about not making a copy, and not selling again for 10 years if it doesn't sell. Personally though, I still believe he never intended to sell it at all for any price.

If the Curator truly is innocent, someone with the game went to great lengths to frame him. And it had to be someone with the game, considering the footage in the youtube video and the 3 images that were hosted to be used on the e-bay auction. Plus I believe Dot linked the old TV in the auction images to a TV Curator mentioned he had on his old Assembler account in a thread a long time ago. Not to mention photos of the stuff were taken with the same digital camera that other stuff Curator had dealt with. And the IP and e-mail matchings, and address.

But anyway, Dot's done with this. He doesn't trust Curator anymore, and has stated that even if Curator offered him to buy it, he wouldn't trust it. It's too much money and frustration to deal with Curator and his fickleness/lies. Maybe if he offered it for free or a very low price, but considering his actions, Dot prefers not to have anything to do with him at this point.

Time to move on. There will be other leads eventually. The person who had the final beta that was Inflames's source a few years ago was not a Capcom employee, so most likely it's not fully locked up. It'll just take finding the right connection again and getting more lucky than we were this time. Even if we didn't get the game, we did get some new information, which helps.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for handling things Alzaire. I seem to have contracted a terrible New York disease while I was staying with Ice this past week so I'll probably be out of commission these next few days.

Comment

We must take 1.5, there's no time to be sick!! lol... i'm joking!

Comment

it is better if we all left this on the past,curator is not the only one who have 1.5,lets move on.

Comment

Curator is, indeed, a dead end. Fortunately his copy is only partially complete (comapred to a later version that is also out of Capcom's hands) and so, one day, there may well be an even better release. For now, we have more information than before. So it wasn't a complete waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozwel View Post
                    He had the chance to become a kinda hero by teasing the community then releasing the game ... and thus writting his nick straight down on "the history wall" but he prefered making fun of us, wiping definitely his name and his popularity out forever...
                    Neva foget.

Comment

This has got me pissed off, I put a lot of effort into trying to get him to open up and share the beta, was willing to put a lot on the line for it, and he let it go on for months before saying he didn't have it, and he has had it all along? That son of a bitch.

Just to spite the witless child, I'm going to post the entire email thread.

Me

Well, that's a shame I'd honestly really really REALLY like to get
                      my hands on it. You said it wasn't your disk, but you may still be
                      able to help, if you know the person who loaned you the disc, and we
                      where able to organise a trade, even a temporary one, I'd be more than
                      happy to send you the Beta's / promos also.

On Nov 18, 2007 11:42 PM, The PlayStation Museum
                      wrote:
                      I wonder if we both know the same strategy guide writer. Anyhow, honestly we don't have access to RE 1.5 if you were alluding to a trade for that. I don't want to give you a false impression and get people worked up about it.
                      Plus I don't want to get worked up myself if you say you have some PSX betas which I would love for the museum to preserve and not be able to act on it.

> -----Original Message-----
                      > From: Me [mailto:tithin@gmail.com]
                      >
                      > Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:36 AM
                      > To: The PlayStation Museum
                      > Subject: Re: PlayStation Museum Data Exchange
                      >
                      > His real name is .
                      >
                      > He admits that was the rare stuff he has is none PSX related, however,
                      > his friend wrote strategy guides for several large name publishers
                      > during the PSX hay-day, so he has many betas, including many
                      > unreleased games, which should match up well for a trade. We're still
                      > waiting to hear back, but likely we should have a list by the end of
                      > next week at the latest.
                      >
                      > On anotehr matter, assuming it wheren't just PSX material on offer,
                      > would you be interested also?
                      >
                      > On Nov 18, 2007 12:15 PM, The PlayStation Museum
                      > wrote:
                      What's programmingace's real first name? Someone just emailed me about a game. What stuff does he have more rare than 1.5? And yes, the museum
                      is only interested in PS1 games.
                      > >
                      > > -----Original Message-----
                      > > From: Me [mailto:tithin@gmail.com]
                      > >
                      > > Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:08 PM
                      > > To: The PlayStation Museum
                      > > Subject: Re: PlayStation Museum Data Exchange
                      > >
                      > > It's been several weeks now since our first communication, I've spoken
                      > > to a few other people, and they're interested in contributing to this
                      > > trade, I believe you know ProgrammingAce, he is willing to assist with
                      > > this in contributing, he asks if you're interested in more than PSX
                      > > stuff however, as he says he has stuff that is way rarer than RE1.5
                      > > and that he'd be willing to contribute. Seeing as you're so reluctant
                      > > to real time discussion, I'll be sending you a list shortly of our
                      > > joint offer, I'm waiting on him to send me what he's willing to share.
                      > > If you are interested in more than just PSX Betas, let me know.

On Nov 2, 2007 7:38 PM, Me wrote:

So I assume from your silence you have no interest in trading with me> for the RE1.5 Beta, or even remotely discussing this?

On 10/31/07, Me < tithin@gmail.com> wrote:
                      I do, as I stated before however, it would be best to discuss this over an Instant messenger. And yes, those betas are rather common, but I do have others.

On 10/31/07, The PlayStation Museum
                      > > wrote:

'm only curious if you have unreleased betas not incuding Thrill Kill, Deuce, or Torc.

> > > From: Me [mailto:tithin@gmail.com]
                      > > > > > Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:14 AM
                      > > > > > To: The PlayStation Museum
                      > > > > > Subject: Re: PlayStation Museum Data Exchange

So do you have any interest in trading?

On 10/27/07, Me wrote:

It would likely be easier to do this over an IM program, I have a database of what I have through where is it? (DVD Archive program).

On 10/27/07, The PlayStation Museum
                      >
                      > > > wrote:

Out of curiosity, what betas do you have?

> > > From: Me [mailto:tithin@gmail.com]
                      > > > > > > > Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:11 AM
                      > > > > > > > To: curator@playstationmuseum.org
                      > > > > > > > Subject: PlayStation Museum Data Exchange
                      Hey,
                      you may (or may not) have seen my post on your forums. I have
                      many rare betas, demo discs, and hard to find playstation memorabilia, that I'm looking to exchange for a copy of Resident Evil 1.5, I've been searching
                      for this beta for a couple of years now. Get back to me if you're
                      interested, I know I have several demos and betas on your list 'to get' that you don't have.
                      I apologise for the poor formatting, Gmail is great and all, but email formatting isn't its strength, as it tends to append a lot of >'s and <'s everywhere.

I dont know if Curator will read this, his ego seems to lead him to google his name 400 times a day, so I assume he's read this thread at some point, or will do in the future, so here's a little message from me.

'Dear Curator,
                      From the beginning of our dealings you have been cagey, and unwilling to part with any form of information at all. Any information given from you, has been at extreme duress, and as a result, you've been leading not only myself, dot50cal, and programming ace on for months now, you've done it for no practical reason that I can see.

Your final goal seems to have been the sale of the disc, which is understandable given its rarity, however, you've had MANY such offers, you've had monetary offers, you've had beta offers, and I'm sure if it would have done it, I'd have given the betas we have to dot50cal so we could have made a monetary / beta trade. However your greed, lack of understanding, and duplicity, have now left you in a precarious position, you are not trusted. You can't be trusted. You've proven to be a malicious liar at several points, you told me you didn't have the disc, but you're trying to sell it on ebay for $125000 dollars, which is it?

I'm going to finish this little letter of with some advice. Seek help. Professional help. You seem Schizophrenic, and more than a little insane, normal people don't refer to themselves as "We". I wash my hands of this whole mess, and I thank you for wasting my time for three months.

Sincerely,
                      Tithin.

PS: I wasn't "Alluding" to doing a trade for RE1.5, I flat out stated it in my first email.'

Dot50cal: I appreciated your assistance with trying to make the trade, my only apologies lie in unfairly mocking you over at cult, and the fact the trade didn't go through.

I wish you the best of luck with the hunt, and the next time a beta rears its ugly head, I may just be able to kick in to help, you know my email.

Comment

Only Ashley Graham can obtain this thing with her "president's daughter" powers. She'll just ask President Graham to buy it for her.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

His Goromacida account has been closed, and his videos are gone with it. Guess he's been getting too many hateful messages... I wonder why?

Comment

"Will you close the auction early?
                            No."

"The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken."

This was on the eBay auction, what do you guys think?
                            Last edited by Gradon; 01-17-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Read the thread. This question is pointless, really.

edit: it seems you read it. So what it is you don't understand about him not wanting to sell it and people denouncing him to Capcom?

Everything's just terribly obvious.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-17-2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Oh, after a second reading, I understand more now, what a selfish person...

Comment

Working...
                                X